Wiki Posts
Search

The new iPod

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by simongr
Well I have decided on the iTouch with only one concern - nano-scratchability
I think Apple really got a handle on this one, especially after the fanboys threatened to sue over the first nano. I have a 2G nano and I put that thing through hell, and it looks almost as good as the day I bought it. The aluminum is nearly flawless, and more importantly, there's nary a scratch in the screen.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Emma65
Or be paid for the research as the customer feedback will let you know what needs changing.
Feedback: Needs GPS Chip and of course good location/navigation program, Ability to add to calendar and contact list, mic for Skype, save directions from Google Maps to file accessible from iTouch screen, stereo audio, user replaceable battery and of course more memory.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Emma65

But I still want an iTouch.

/E
I've got 2 on hold at the local store for me, I'll let you know tomorrow how it is
Old Sep 15, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I do like my iPod Nano....

When I return to the big D in a week or so, I'll take a look at the Touch. In some ways, it looks ideal (small and it should be able to store a few compressed movies plus some tunes). The only downside is I think that it might be too small (i.e. have to hold the thing to your face).

In terms of movies on the go, my IPAQ 4700 has been used for this purpose on a few occasions and did a credible job. Will the Touch be as flexible or will I be limited to what I can downoad from iTunes?

I might be better looking at the new IPAQ (hx4700 successor).
Old Sep 15, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
iPod touch vs unactivated (on AT&T) iPhone

If I need to be able to add calendar events and contacts directly to the device would I be better off buying an iPhone and not activating it on AT&T than buying an iPod touch? I.E. does the iPod touch have any advantages over the iPhone?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JAaronT
I think Apple really got a handle on this one, especially after the fanboys threatened to sue over the first nano. I have a 2G nano and I put that thing through hell, and it looks almost as good as the day I bought it. The aluminum is nearly flawless, and more importantly, there's nary a scratch in the screen.
I thought both the iPhone and iPod Touch screens were glass, and thus do not scratch. I've had the iPhone for two months, and it still looks brand new, aside from some wear and tear on the chrome edges, which is to be expected.

Keep in mind that since my iPhone is my only mobile phone, I have it in my pockets, along with keys and coins, most of the day, and it has proven to be very durable.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Platinum, peon on the rest
Originally Posted by ScottC
I've got 2 on hold at the local store for me, I'll let you know tomorrow how it is

Got mine in Phoenix on Thursday, so far I like it. The video is far superior to the previous IPODs, the touch interface is much nicer. I got the 16GB model and thought I would have a problem with getting everything I wanted on it, but I was able to load all the music I listen to more than once a year, plus one move, plus a couple of TV shows and still have room left.

I am SO glad that Apple came out with something like this so that I didn't have to knuckle under to the ATT storm troopers and get an IPhone!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA *G
I'll stick with my $199 30GB Zune, thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
I thought both the iPhone and iPod Touch screens were glass...
Yes they are- and not just any glass

http://ydnar.vox.com/library/post/th...onnection.html
Old Sep 16, 2007, 9:18 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
ipod touch

hi,

anybody can confirm that the apple shops are already selling these?

thank you

dp
Old Sep 16, 2007, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Platinum, peon on the rest
Originally Posted by derpelikan
hi,

thank you

dp

I bought mine at an Apple store in Phoenix on Thursday. They told me that they had just arrived that day.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by derpelikan
hi,

thank you

dp
Even many Bestbuy stores have them in stock.

Where in the US are you traveling to?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Originally Posted by JBLUA320
I'll stick with my $199 30GB Zune, thanks.
What's a Zune? *ducking*
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:06 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
LA and SMF

hi,

my friend is in SMF this week so he will pick up 8 ipod touches for us

if he can get his hands on them.

which best buy store have them in stock? and can we earn miles ?

dp
Old Sep 18, 2007, 11:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Thanks for the update re the glass and the availability. I am in NYC friday evening so will head to teh 5th Ave Apple Store on Sat morning and will grab one

Re the wifi comment earlier. I got the no free wifi - but I am assuming that you will be able to hook up to paid networks - e.g. t-mobile if I am at an airport or the paid networks in the hotels?

One last trickier question - I have my nano with me on this trip. It is formatted for a mac at home in Oz. I am travelling with my laptop which is a pc. As I understand it if the ipods are formatted for PC they can still be synched with a Mac. I am planning to give my nano to my sister when I visit her in Cyprus on the way home to Oz from NYC. The problem is giving her the nano will mean I have no music from Cyprus to Oz. Is there any way the geniuses at the Apple store could move the music from the nano to the Ipod touch? and have it formatted to connect to my laptop (if needed)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.