Community
Wiki Posts
Search

blackberry going to what?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:04 am
Original Poster

blackberry going to what?

I have a Blackberry but will have to switch to either Android or Apple. I have an ipad which is really just for fun. But since I am familiar with it, it does mean that it will be easier for me to adjust to the apple phone.

However I an getting older and a larger screen would really be helpful. That is the one thing about the blackberry that was so frustrating. It was so small. So I am considering one of the Samsung Galaxy phones.

I have also been on an unlimited internet plan with verizon and will be switching to the 2 gig plan. In all the years I have had the phones I have never even used 1 gig as I don't stream anything or do movies etc. However having unlimited was a safety net. I liked knowing that I could do that.

I have been a customer for a long time and have been offered a loyalty plan for $60 a month including unlimited texting and talk but 2 gig internet and no hotspot which I had considered. If I go over it will be $10 a gig. I am thinking about going this route.

Looking for any information on phones I should consider and any other items I should look into when making the decisions.

Any information is helpful.

Thank you.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:57 pm

A lot of people with the unlimited plan have been paying retail for their phones in-order to keep their unlimited plans.
Having, i'm assuming, an older blackberry which was either on BIS or BES the data was compressed so data was rarely an issue.
Blackberry does have the z30 which is their flagship non qwerty full touch screen device.

I personally had many htc and samsung devices and came back to the blackberry q10. I missed having a physical keyboard.
I just sold my backup samsung S4 (felt cheap and does the same thing that nexus 4 does for double the price)

I average around 12gb of data so unlimited is the way to go for me. IF I didnt use that much data I would have went with the plethora of MVNO prepaid providers out there.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I'd hang onto the unlimited internet, as with a new device you may well be doing things like streaming video, etc., that you didn't on the BB.

My $0.02.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I would also recommend trying to hang on to the unlimited plan. When I bought my new phone, the customer rep saw that I had the grandfathered unlimited plan and pretty much assumed I was going to keep it without asking. I definitely don't regret keeping it.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by kapmap
I have a Blackberry but will have to switch to either Android or Apple. I have an ipad which is really just for fun. But since I am familiar with it, it does mean that it will be easier for me to adjust to the apple phone.

However I an getting older and a larger screen would really be helpful. That is the one thing about the blackberry that was so frustrating. It was so small. So I am considering one of the Samsung Galaxy phones.

I have also been on an unlimited internet plan with verizon and will be switching to the 2 gig plan. In all the years I have had the phones I have never even used 1 gig as I don't stream anything or do movies etc. However having unlimited was a safety net. I liked knowing that I could do that.

I have been a customer for a long time and have been offered a loyalty plan for $60 a month including unlimited texting and talk but 2 gig internet and no hotspot which I had considered. If I go over it will be $10 a gig. I am thinking about going this route.

Looking for any information on phones I should consider and any other items I should look into when making the decisions.

Any information is helpful.

Thank you.
I agree about the unlimited internet being worth hanging on to. As to the phone, switching to an iPhone will be a lot like using the iPad and you can even use some (maybe most) of your iPad apps on the iPhone. They can share. An iCloud account to so iMessage, reminders and many other things can appear on both devices. I think the commonality of the ecosystem through icloud is one of the most useful things about having both an iPad and an iPhone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.