FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - blackberry going to what?
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:05 pm
GadgetFreak
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by kapmap
I have a Blackberry but will have to switch to either Android or Apple. I have an ipad which is really just for fun. But since I am familiar with it, it does mean that it will be easier for me to adjust to the apple phone.

However I an getting older and a larger screen would really be helpful. That is the one thing about the blackberry that was so frustrating. It was so small. So I am considering one of the Samsung Galaxy phones.

I have also been on an unlimited internet plan with verizon and will be switching to the 2 gig plan. In all the years I have had the phones I have never even used 1 gig as I don't stream anything or do movies etc. However having unlimited was a safety net. I liked knowing that I could do that.

I have been a customer for a long time and have been offered a loyalty plan for $60 a month including unlimited texting and talk but 2 gig internet and no hotspot which I had considered. If I go over it will be $10 a gig. I am thinking about going this route.

Looking for any information on phones I should consider and any other items I should look into when making the decisions.

Any information is helpful.

Thank you.
I agree about the unlimited internet being worth hanging on to. As to the phone, switching to an iPhone will be a lot like using the iPad and you can even use some (maybe most) of your iPad apps on the iPhone. They can share. An iCloud account to so iMessage, reminders and many other things can appear on both devices. I think the commonality of the ecosystem through icloud is one of the most useful things about having both an iPad and an iPhone.