Telestial
Print Wikipost

Pan-International prepaid SIMs

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA
who are the competition?
Old May 12, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
I've had reasonably good luck with onesim card. I have never found anything cheaper that has English speaking customer service and can be used in several different countries. I'm about to reload mine for an upcoming trip to Brazil.

The only problem I had with mine was in India but that was several years ago.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:17 am

Piranhamobile, telnamobile, ekitMobile. Of course, it all depends on the country you are going to. I believe some folks here use it.

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/inte...prepaid-cards/

Originally Posted by theshaun
who are the competition?
Old May 13, 2013, 1:08 pm

Very positive here - used it for my parents when they travel. Very positive, maybe not the cheapest but quite easy to work with.
Old May 13, 2013, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by bonchien
Toggle Mobile SIMs don't seem to be available on Amazon anymore. I tried ordering directly from the Toggle Mobile website, but it rejected two credit cards. Any idea how I can get a SIM? I'm guessing it has something to do with my using a USA credit card on a UK site?
I had the same problem two different times, and gave up. I guess I'll email them.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Phone recommendation for ~ 2 months and 9 countries in Europe

We will be traveling through Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Netherlands and Switzerland over ~ 2 months and will need a phone to use for EU and International calls. Has anyone had experience using a phone in multiple countries? Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: Traveling Around from Country to country
I used CelloMobile.com from New York on my recent trip to Europe, and was very happy with the quality and customer service.

For data they also offer something, but Wifi is readily available in these days, which makes mobile hotspot not necessary for me.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by bonchien
Toggle Mobile SIMs don't seem to be available on Amazon anymore. I tried ordering directly from the Toggle Mobile website, but it rejected two credit cards. Any idea how I can get a SIM? I'm guessing it has something to do with my using a USA credit card on a UK site?
I too attempted to purchase a Toggle 48 hours ago and two cards were rejected.
I sent an email and haven't received a reply. But, I will try again.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
just email toggle, they'll send you one for FREE.. I got mine in about five business days to the USA...
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:28 pm

+1. Have used it multiple times. Not the cheapest, but is very convenient for any calls that can't be made when I have wifi - skype.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:54 pm

There are many existing threads on this topic which you can find this using the "search" link located on the blue bar at the top of the page. Here's a post describing my experience with onesimcard that you might find helpful.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:05 am

I have had good experiences with them. Their customer service is pretty good. Just be careful with your phone and the data connection. You may want to turn it off so you don't use up a lot of credit. Do you just want phone service?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Does Toggle have data bundles for all the countries where it has voice phone numbers?
Or only in the UK?
What will happen when I have the Toggle SIM in my smartphone and try to download email or surf?
The togglemobile web site doesn't say.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
hmm

Originally Posted by redburgundy
Does Toggle have data bundles for all the countries where it has voice phone numbers?
Or only in the UK?
What will happen when I have the Toggle SIM in my smartphone and try to download email or surf?
hmm, good question. I've only seen the UK bundles. Probably don't have bundles outside of NL and UK, but you could email support and ask, they respond VERY quickly
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by redburgundy
Or only in the UK?
Don't know about bundles, but internet had to be manually set up. I emailed customer service and they provided me with APN settings for my phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.