Print Wikipost

Pan-International prepaid SIMs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
An update:

I got the SIM a few weeks ago but just got around to messing with it today.
I registered it online without any issues. It was the free SIM so 0 credit. Since I'm in Poland, I added the free 30 day local number online. It says it can take up to 3hrs to activate, but mine activated instantly. On the online account it shows the activation day, expiration day, and a option to auto renew it (or select it for 30 days for free) It's the 3p outgoing, free incoming and 15p/MB. Calling to the USA is 3P/min which is cheaper than my local mobile provider.
I tried to call the number with 0 credit, but it came with a not active message.
I topped up 10GBP via paypal and got 11GBP credit on my account (on the site it says get bonus credit for online topup)
I gave it a few minutes to register the credit and then I tried the local number (PL) and it worked without any issues.

So far this is really cool. I just need to remember to once every 90days make a call
Old Apr 2, 2013, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Platcomike
I ordered my Toggle SIM free (with zero credit), directly from Toggle on February 6 and it arrived in Houston on February 13, just a weeks time. My understanding is I can activate/fund it anytime I am ready.

So, unless you are leaving immediately and will need Amazon overnight shipping, save the money and get it direct. Even better, order one right now while you are thinking about it and you will be ready for your trip. Press the "offers" button at the top of their webpage and the cards are free until February 17.
Toggle Mobile SIMs don't seem to be available on Amazon anymore. I tried ordering directly from the Toggle Mobile website, but it rejected two credit cards. Any idea how I can get a SIM? I'm guessing it has something to do with my using a USA credit card on a UK site?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 11:22 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by bonchien
Toggle Mobile SIMs don't seem to be available on Amazon anymore. I tried ordering directly from the Toggle Mobile website, but it rejected two credit cards. Any idea how I can get a SIM? I'm guessing it has something to do with my using a USA credit card on a UK site?
Send them a email. They were quick to respond.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
Send them a email. They were quick to respond.
Thanks. I e-mailed Toggle, and they wrote back that they would send me a free SIM. They also said "attempts made to purchase the sim card online were unsuccessful due to random security checks in place to protect our customers." If anyone else experiences this issue, drop them an e-mail.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:02 am

Hy,

I've found this site that goes into detail on this aspect of pre paid sims.

Do you think it could be of help here?

http://prepaidwithdata.wikia.com/

- Miguel
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles
I think I found the cheapest international SIM Card (200+ countries)

It's called WorldSIM and uses custom engineered dual IMSI technology.

Basically there's TWO network profiles on the card, a USA +1 number and a UK +44 number in which they negotiate the lowest rates worldwide.

Rates:

http://www.worldsim.com/TariffRoamFr...x?View=Y#rates

All rates in USD. 0.20/minute in UK 0.40 in most of Europe and 0.40 in North America (USA, Canada and Mexico on Lusa cell with USA +1 profile).

Receiving calls in a-lot of countries is FREE and is FREE in Western Europe & North America. Data rates are resonable too.

Also another one is ekit:
http://www.ekit.com/ekit/MobilePurchase/Sims

The advantage of some of these SIM'es is that you are not just limited to T-Mobile's network (example ekit, others I have to research further, I actually found another SIM that has a callback service taking advantage of free incoming calls) in the USA, it actually has a roaming priority list on the SIM card on most of them, it first searches for a T-Mobile signal (most populated areas in the US), if it finds one it connects, if it doesn't find one, it goes onto AT&T.

Since the majority of people are using it in areas with T-Mobile coverage I guess that's how they save costs (roaming on AT&T is higher) across their customer base.

Last edited by willzzz88; Apr 18, 2013 at 5:23 pm
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:32 pm

Another cheap Chinese knock-off...lol. Good find!

Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Mentioned already in at least a half dozen other threads.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:48 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
E-Kit is the same company as Telestial. Many threads reference them also.

I used Telestial in nine European countries last summer, with minimal problems. Their customer service people are quite good.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA GS
I have great luck with onesimcard.com
Old May 10, 2013, 1:33 am

dataroam.co.uk

Has anyone had any experience with this company?

http://www.dataroam.co.uk/

Imparticular they have a 30 rolling day Europe-wide Roaming Data SIM for 60GBP.

I have a 25 day trip coming up to Europe (france, belgium, netherlands, italy, switzerland, germany and austria) and I figured I would purchase a mifi device this time and use lebara sim cards where possible since all of my calls are back to Canada and the US.

These guys seem a bit odd in that they want a 100GBP deposit and want the sim card returned rather than just having it deactivate after the 30 days.

Any experience with these guys, or suggestions on other providers to look at would be appreciated.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:03 am

Not used them personally but they've been around for a while and I know others who have used them - think they do the job they say they do.
Old May 11, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by skhoslaTO
Has anyone had any experience with this company?

http://www.dataroam.co.uk/

Imparticular they have a 30 rolling day Europe-wide Roaming Data SIM for 60GBP.

I have a 25 day trip coming up to Europe (france, belgium, netherlands, italy, switzerland, germany and austria) and I figured I would purchase a mifi device this time and use lebara sim cards where possible since all of my calls are back to Canada and the US.

These guys seem a bit odd in that they want a 100GBP deposit and want the sim card returned rather than just having it deactivate after the 30 days.

Any experience with these guys, or suggestions on other providers to look at would be appreciated.
Look carefully as 6GB for 60 pounds is only 1 GB Europe and 5GB UK. If you are primarily on the continent, make sure you can live with 1GB.

Last edited by JMN57; May 11, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Old May 12, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA
Thoughts on Onesimcard

Anyone have experience with this sim?

i'm traveling to france, croatia and italy. phone calls will be minimal, but would like to have data access.
Old May 12, 2013, 5:01 pm

The last time I checked they were a little high, compared to the competition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.