Three Feel at Home
Flexiroam X
Telestial
Print Wikipost

Pan-International prepaid SIMs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

still nothing prepaid in US? seems there are also now 'no credit check' plans, but seems they do not have international.

i see some FT discussion re these prepaid data >
€28 per month GlocalMe global unlimited data 2GB high speed
$3 per GB POKEFi global virtual sim

very cool that swiss airlines offers it themselves, and can buy onboard or order before flight, i also see theirs offers >
SIM card will use call-back to reduce your roaming charges.As the user, you do not have to do anything - it all happens automatically.
interesting, will have to explore that more in terms of other providers

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 21, 2017 at 9:50 pm
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
''' very cool that swiss airlines offers it themselves, and can buy onboard or order before flight, i also see theirs offers >

interesting, will have to explore that more in terms of other providers
I have mentioned the Swiss offer in previous posts.
Originally Posted by Roger
Most calls to landlines or cellphones in most countries cost 0.14 CHF/minute - about USD 0.15 - including from South Africa to Europe. (SA to US costs CHF 0.16/minute.)

I'd been looking for a South Africa solution for some time. At first sight this one seems to fit the bill and would complement Three Feel at Home and Toggle for me.

It comes with a +44 7937 prefix, so 'UK' but not UK. It's from Jersey Telecom and can be more expensive to call than real UK cell numbers. The SWISS website says: but gives no more details on the website. It seems to use a mixture of callthrough and callback.

Oh BTW. It's SWISS, the airline, not Swisscom, the telecoms company.
Roaming for EU phones has changed since then as have exchange rates, so you would need to check the Swiss offer to see if it's right for you.

I use it in 'expensive' non-EU roaming countries such as South Africa where its rates are highly competitive. Even within the EU, it may be worth considering as you'd only need the one number. I top up automatically by credit card when my balance goes below a certain limit.

https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/book/swi...e/swiss-mobile
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

right i appreciated whoever put swiss in wiki

i am a weird case (and a dinosaur) as long as its prepaid i am ok if i have to change because of bad rates
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:08 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Does anyone know what countries are included in the Swiss worldwide data package? It says 66 countries but I don't see a lost of them.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by jason8612
Does anyone know what countries are included in the Swiss worldwide data package? It says 66 countries but I don't see a lost of them.
I don't know but offer these thoughts.

1. Check your likely territories in the dropdown boxes.
2. Ask the company. I've found they respond quickly to e-mail enquiries via their website.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:01 pm

In the past I’ve been using local sim cards it works but the most concern is the changing of sim cards and registering all over again (also the expiry of sim card when not in use). I tried a lot of international sim cards but they are expensive fordata roaming. I’ve used it for months now and it’s been amazing! You know why? Here are my reasons:

1.) You don’t need to change your current sim every time you travel, because Flexiroam uses a microchip sticker to be attached to your current sim.
Less hassle specially for frequent travelers (buying local sim for every country is doable but why bother if you can have one)
2.) Coverage of almost 100+ countries all around the world (And currently expanding)
3.) Cheap rates according to your needs & budget specially local data plans are now available

The idea is if you are a frequent traveler this is a must have.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:09 pm

If anyone is interested Flexiroam have a one day 50% discount on all starter packs. Just search for flexiroam and check the website, use the code 12CHEERS to avail the one day promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.