Reload this Page >

Blackberry 10 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blackberry 10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I just heard some fantastic news if true. The BB app permissions are kept like the traditional BB OS in that the user doesn't have to grant all or nothing for the permissions the developer requests. This has been a pet peeve of mine on Android for quite a while as developers request more and more permissions which I don't want to allow for privacy purposes. Does that podcast app really need my gps location? Does that coupon app really need access to my phone book? Does that social media app really need to access my calendar? I'm really looking forward to getting that fine control back ^^^
Old Feb 8, 2013, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Localizing to Kanji is not insignificant, especially with that new keyboard.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
So much venom expressed here. I guess it's expected of the Apple fan-boys, but the Android ones are behaving in the same way. And it's particularly ridiculous as most of the people posting here have not got one of these machines.

Personally, I hope that the market can support at least three different OSs. I always liked the BB I used to have, and wish the company well. I'm looking forward to hearing real feedback on the Z10, rather than speculation.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Too late for that now. I recently switched the a samsung galaxy 3 and I could not be happier. So many features, much faster, so much more usable. I also have a bold 9930, but that's only bcos I need BBM to keep in touch in friends and family abroad. If not, bb would be done.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:58 pm

Here is the only "app" the matters to me personally on a BB.
(Well, that and a physical keyboard I should say.)

http://news.yahoo.com/blackberry-10-...145033131.html
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Carphonewarehouse has some online reviews of the Z10, it seems it's very popular so far and is well reviewed. It's still more than I want to spend unfortunately.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Carphonewarehouse has some online reviews of the Z10, it seems it's very popular so far and is well reviewed. It's still more than I want to spend unfortunately.
If you're in London and fancy trying out a Z10 that isn't hobbled, they have some in Selfridges on Oxford Street in the basement that allow you to try the full phone. It's very reminiscent of the Playbook OS that I'm typing this on, can't wait to see the Q10.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
O2 did have a limited offer of a free phone and something like £36/month advertised recently but I don't know whether it's still on.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Verizon will be getting the version without keyboard according to their web page. Hopefully they will get the one with a keyboard as well. I have reactivated my old 9650 and really like it, for the keyboard. I'm pretty interested in the keyboard version.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Verizon will be getting the version without keyboard according to their web page. Hopefully they will get the one with a keyboard as well. I have reactivated my old 9650 and really like it, for the keyboard. I'm pretty interested in the keyboard version.
If they don't get the keyboard version, they can say goodbye to me as a customer. I will jump ship to AT&T if that's what I need to do.

Edited to add: Their news release does state they intend to offer the Q10.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news...kberry-10.html

Last edited by elCheapoDeluxe; Feb 18, 2013 at 5:16 pm
Old Feb 20, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
I have a 9810. It's my 5th BB, and will be my last.

When they eliminated the compression at the server end, my reasons for having the device went with it, as will my unlimited international data plan.

I'll probably keep the 9810 until my workplace turns out the lights on BES. I have no idea what I will do next, probably an iPhone.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dulcamara
I have a 9810. It's my 5th BB, and will be my last.

When they eliminated the compression at the server end, my reasons for having the device went with it, as will my unlimited international data plan.

I'll probably keep the 9810 until my workplace turns out the lights on BES. I have no idea what I will do next, probably an iPhone.
All of the phones seem so incredibly similar now- the iPhone 5, the Galaxy IV (from next month), the HTC One... one small and very valuable difference is the keyboard on the Blackberry. As long as there is a keyboard I am a blackberry customer- as soon as that is gone- I will probably end up with an iPhone or something similar like a Galaxy.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:39 am

BB Q10 on TMO USA

Not an official release from TMO but this website is saying in May that the BB Q10 will be offered by TMO.

http://n4bb.com/mobile-carry-blackberry-q10/
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:24 pm

I've tried it out already, and while the OS is smooth, a majority of the free apps (on iOS or Android) cost money. Not having a good marketplace is a deal-breaker for me.
Old May 30, 2013, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
If they don't get the keyboard version, they can say goodbye to me as a customer. I will jump ship to AT&T if that's what I need to do.

Edited to add: Their news release does state they intend to offer the Q10.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news...kberry-10.html
I've got my white Q10 on pre-order as of today

Set to ship from Verizon by 6/6

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.