New Travel Accessory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Travel Accessory

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by JMB77068
Hello nmh, the site it brings you to is just the processing screen. It is a different URL because it is a secure payment site (https://payment.secure-ehost.com) that is embedded in the webpage and handled by www.propaycartlite.com/. All legit but if you feel more comfortable you can give us a call. (832-212-2861) Thanks for the feedback !
Most sites have the processing page as a variation of their own url. Yours doesn't.
Seems very dodgy.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nmh1204
Most sites have the processing page as a variation of their own url. Yours doesn't.
Seems very dodgy.
Great point - it is also an unknown processor. Is Paypal not an option? The fees are going to be a little higher but people will be much more comfortable buying. If you can't embed the functionality into your site Paypal is a processor I feel secure leaving the site to go to.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Wouldn't a length of thick wire serve the same kind of purpose? What's more you could bend it to accommodate different thicknesses of doors etc.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Consultette
Great point - it is also an unknown processor. Is Paypal not an option? The fees are going to be a little higher but people will be much more comfortable buying. If you can't embed the functionality into your site Paypal is a processor I feel secure leaving the site to go to.
Thank you Consultette, an excellent suggestion. Look for the Paypal option over the next couple of days. I appreciate the constructive reply.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
If you make yourself a seller on Amazon, I would buy it.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by MtlTourist
You can get single over door hangars on amazon for less than the OP is asking
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Re: Hook2Go

Originally Posted by MtlTourist
Thank you MtlTourist, I appreciate that and will look into establishing access through Amazon.com as well.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nmh1204
You can get single over door hangars on amazon for less than the OP is asking
Yes nmh there are options available as in all things. Over the door hooks can be found on Amazon on-sale for about $5 from makers like Liberty or Stanley but are generally made for over "room" doors which have a wider width and they are usually about 5" to 7" long which I would not personal want to keep in my pocket.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:06 pm

I think it's a great idea. Is it a must-have for everyone--no. But it fills a need that isn't quite satisfied by bulky over-door hangers or rigging something up from a hunk of wire (seriously?).

You might think about putting these up on eBay too.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mikity
Wouldn't a length of thick wire serve the same kind of purpose? What's more you could bend it to accommodate different thicknesses of doors etc.
If it's relatively easily bendable, it most certainly won't hold up a 50lb bag (or even one which weighs less than half that), as the OP suggests the s-hook product is capable of doing.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:04 pm

I do not know about you guys but when I am at the airport I typically bring with me my roll aboard carry on bag into the stall. And I use a TravelOn bag Bungee to attach my jacket and flight bag on top of my roll aboard. Do you guys not bring your bag with you?

So why would I need a hook such as this?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
eBay is a good idea and make sure to opt in to the Global Seller program so that I can buy it
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks chx1975, will do that. Lots of helpful tips have been presented and I really appreciate all.

Last edited by JMB77068; Jun 4, 2015 at 8:01 am Reason: addressed to wrong person
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Re: Hook2Go

Originally Posted by SkyForce6
I do not know about you guys but when I am at the airport I typically bring with me my roll aboard carry on bag into the stall. And I use a TravelOn bag Bungee to attach my jacket and flight bag on top of my roll aboard. Do you guys not bring your bag with you?

So why would I need a hook such as this?
Thanks SkyForce. You are spot on. I usually have my wheeled carry on bag as well (on a side bar - wouldn't it be nice if they had wider or longer stalls so we could easily enter and exit?) and yes you can rest your laptop bag on it as well. But in those instances when you have a long overcoat (winter, rain) and a Laptop bag it is a nice easy back up to have in your pocket rather than piling everything on your roll-aboard.

It also works well, and I have received some thankful comments, in day-to-day use besides just travel. That is one of the ideal benefits is that you can use it in virtually all restrooms. For the ladies who may have a nice $500 handbag only and don't want that on the nasty floors it is a nice simple tool to have handy.

Is it a must have for all? Nope. Is it useful and great to have in those instances when you need it? Absolutely.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyForce6
I do not know about you guys but when I am at the airport I typically bring with me my roll aboard carry on bag into the stall.
I sometimes travel with a duffle instead of rollaboard. So no, not all large carryons are rollaboards. Bringing a duffle into a stall means I need to hold it if there are no hooks since there is no way I am putting it on the floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.