FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Products (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products-639/)
-   -   New Travel Accessory (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products/1684137-new-travel-accessory.html)

JMB77068 May 31, 2015 6:58 pm

New Travel Accessory

"Permission to post about this product has been approved by Moderator Wharvey." The Hook2Go is a product that I have brought to market and have had very good results and was blown away by the responses over the Christmas season being purchased as a stocking stuffer. I came across this discussion board and thought I would give a shout out and see what seasoned travelers think.

I see a lot of posts here about different carry-on bags, handbags and travel bags. When traveling by air you will undoubtedly have to make use of the public facilities. How many of you have used the restroom stalls and found either no hook or a broken hook?

Quite an inconvenience when you have a Laptop bag and an overcoat. Especially in the winter season!

Something was needed that could be used in those instances of need to keep coats, bags or purses high and dry. It would also need to be easily portable and not cause any issues going through airport security, yet strong enough to hold the weight of a heavy overcoat or a 50 pound laptop bag.

The solution was the Hook2Go. Simply slide firmly over the stall door or sidewall and hang your purse, laptop bag or overcoat a safe distance away from those floors.

Check it out at www.hook2go.com or on Facebook and let me know what you think. Is this something that you would find useful?

gobluetwo Jun 1, 2015 5:42 am

I could totally get on board with this. It would be very useful when I'm trying to change and trying to find places for all my things, also.

MtlTourist Jun 1, 2015 7:45 am

Great idea! You should sell this through Amazon for a wider audience.

Shak51 Jun 1, 2015 11:15 am

Hooks on the doors were removed from public restrooms because of numerous thefts. This product hook is visible to those outside a stall and in my view would increase chance and ease of theft.

Shak

TheInfamousJ Jun 1, 2015 12:53 pm

So... a single-tasker s-hook? Albeit a pretty one.

I prefer my multi-tasker qlipter, who will do this job among others.

Madone59 Jun 1, 2015 3:42 pm

Don't products like this already exist? I see people use something similar to hang purses up when sitting at a bar.

JMB77068 Jun 1, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: Hook2Go

A valid point Shak. What is nice about the H2G is that you can position where you want it. For instance if you are worried about theft you can place it on the side wall next to you to keep a hand on your overcoat or bag.

We have even had some folks tell us they hook it on to the metal container inside the stall that holds the seat covers. That way there is Zero threat of theft.

Nothing is foolproof, but this is a tool that can provide a solution in many needed instances.

Originally Posted by Shak51 (Post 24901655)
Hooks on the doors were removed from public restrooms because of numerous thefts. This product hook is visible to those outside a stall and in my view would increase chance and ease of theft.

Shak

JMB77068 Jun 1, 2015 4:11 pm

Re: Hook2GO

Thank you Madone. What you are referring to is a useful tool as well but made specifically for hanging a purse off the edge of a table or bar. It works well but the design would never work well for the restroom solution. The H2G is designed to fit snugly over the dimensions of most industrial stall panels.

Originally Posted by Madone59 (Post 24903194)
Don't products like this already exist? I see people use something similar to hang purses up when sitting at a bar.

JMB77068 Jun 1, 2015 4:18 pm

Re: H2G

Hi Infamous,

The qlipter is a great product as well, I use mine camping and it is very versatile. The H2G is ideal for the business traveler because it is much more compact - fits in palm of your hand and pocket and users also like that the fit over the stall wall is snug which helps in security. ^

Originally Posted by TheInfamousJ (Post 24902296)
So... a single-tasker s-hook? Albeit a pretty one.

I prefer my multi-tasker qlipter, who will do this job among others.

Shak51 Jun 1, 2015 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by JMB77068 (Post 24903336)
A valid point Shak. What is nice about the H2G is that you can position where you want it. For instance if you are worried about theft you can place it on the side wall next to you to keep a hand on your overcoat or bag.

We have even had some folks tell us they hook it on to the metal container inside the stall that holds the seat covers. That way there is Zero threat of theft.

Nothing is foolproof, but this is a tool that can provide a solution in many needed instances.

Maybe you may want to try that technique out of holding your coat, bag, and use the toilet paper the next time you are sitting on the toilet. What do you do if your bag has a short strap?

The other idea of attaching it behind you may work if the stall has that feature.

I am not sure the next stall makes you less vulnerable.

Shak

dalylink Jun 2, 2015 8:19 am

I'm confused. A web site and product information page with no Price listed anywhere?

nmh1204 Jun 2, 2015 9:57 am

clicking purchase, then scrolling down and clicking buy, takes me to a different web page, not related to the site. seems dodgy.

JMB77068 Jun 2, 2015 11:28 am

Re: Hook2Go

Hello Daly,

Thanks, yes, the site needs some work and is going to be revamped using Wordpress. The cost is $7.95 and is listed when clicking the 'buy' button on the Purchase page but you make a good point and we'll add the rate to the front screen as well....Thank you.

Originally Posted by dalylink (Post 24906592)
I'm confused. A web site and product information page with no Price listed anywhere?

JMB77068 Jun 2, 2015 11:33 am

Originally Posted by nmh1204 (Post 24907138)
clicking purchase, then scrolling down and clicking buy, takes me to a different web page, not related to the site. seems dodgy.

Hello nmh, the site it brings you to is just the processing screen. It is a different URL because it is a secure payment site (https://payment.secure-ehost.com) that is embedded in the webpage and handled by www.propaycartlite.com/. All legit but if you feel more comfortable you can give us a call. (832-212-2861) Thanks for the feedback !

Consultette Jun 2, 2015 11:58 am

Very interesting idea. Not sure I would buy it since it's just one more thing for me to lose but I can see the utility.