Community
Wiki Posts
Search

P90x

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by dchristiva
They are supposed to arrive today. I play hockey tonight, otherwise I'd break them out and give them a go. I'll post my thoughts in a day or two after I've had a chance to try them out.
Box arrived yesterday. Based strictly on appearance, they seem sturdy and well-made. I look forward to investigating more when I get done with work today.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Box arrived yesterday. Based strictly on appearance, they seem sturdy and well-made. I look forward to investigating more when I get done with work today.
Definitely curious on your review...I live in Brooklyn & don't have a good gym nearby, so looking for something I can use in my tiny apartment.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yoga today.....ugh
Old Nov 11, 2011, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yoga done. My 7th yoga class and it still sucks

I'd give myself an F- for form for sure.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Definitely curious on your review...I live in Brooklyn & don't have a good gym nearby, so looking for something I can use in my tiny apartment.
So far I am pleased. The kit I bought comes with two ankle straps and two door straps, which I find helpful since sometimes I need the bands to be anchored high and sometimes low. Putting the two door straps in at once makes it easy to switch back and forth. I'll hold off on grading the exercise videos for now, as I haven't taken in many of them yet. The booklet that came with the materials is fairly helpful and comprehensive, and the web is full of other "how to" guides and workouts designed for resistance bands.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know - thanks! Will keep an eye on this thread...I started using bands about a year ago for physical therapy after shoulder surgery (dislocated it after a beautiful fall in Vail last winter) and I think they've got potential.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Another Kenpo done

Just a stretch X away from wrapping up week 6. Middle of next week and I'll be half done with the 1st 90 days.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Good to know - thanks! Will keep an eye on this thread...I started using bands about a year ago for physical therapy after shoulder surgery (dislocated it after a beautiful fall in Vail last winter) and I think they've got potential.
I will say that the bands are good for most exercises, but a couple of pieces of Theraband material would do me some good, too. There are some hip and low back exercises that I learned at PT that don't work well with the long resistance bands that I have. Cutting off shorter pieces of Theraband and tying it off would work better.

That said, I gave the resistance bands a bit of a workout on Sat. and was pleased. I am thinking about buying the "anywhere" anchor as I don't have a conveniently-located door in my basement to use as an anchor point, but I do have several supporting posts that would make good anchors for the bands. I'd say that's the one thing I didn't consider before making my purchase - where will I work out and what are the logistics with regards to a door? Without a good anchor point, the resistance bands are much less useful.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

"anywhere" anchor
I've not seen one of these yet. I'm having decent luck with doors at home and in about 5 different hotels so far (it helps that I'm playing the DVD on my laptop in hotels so it doesn't really mater where).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well at 530am this morning doing chest/tris/shoulders/abs tonight sounded better than doing it at 530am......sitting in the airport now with a delayed flight I'm starting to regret the decision.

I've not missed a workout in 6 weeks and I don't plan to tonight.....wish me luck.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by annerj
I've not seen one of these yet. I'm having decent luck with doors at home and in about 5 different hotels so far (it helps that I'm playing the DVD on my laptop in hotels so it doesn't really mater where).
http://www.amazon.com/Bodylastics-He.../dp/B002U8P0TG

If you're working out in hotels, this probably won't help. I think it's better for home use, at least in my situation, where I don't have doors in my basement, but I do have some structural posts.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by annerj
Well at 530am this morning doing chest/tris/shoulders/abs tonight sounded better than doing it at 530am......sitting in the airport now with a delayed flight I'm starting to regret the decision.

I've not missed a workout in 6 weeks and I don't plan to tonight.....wish me luck.

3ish hours late to houston....get to hotel and I've been walked for the first time in well over a year (had my marriott numbers met so been staying at priority club for a promo...walked me even as a plat)...FUN!

11pm I did the chest/tris/shoulders and skipped the abs (first even portion that I've missed). Will see if I have enough gas in the tank to add abs tonight after plyo.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm a lot more sore during this phase two. Get sore after the first workout and am basically sore on different body parts until the kenpo/stretch workout.

I'm liking it
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well thanks for a bout of food poisoning I've missed my first few days of p90x in the 6+ weeks I've been doing them. I'll be back on track this week.

UGH
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Two workouts back into it after missing three. Mentally I was a little worried about missing three days but man I was SICK!

So this has pushed my phase two end date out until 12/1

Yoga tomorrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.