Community
Wiki Posts
Search

P90x

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Few days into the second week of round two. Things are going well. I'm still sore a day or two after each of the lifts it seems. Legs were really sore last week.

Home this week so I've done spin twice in the PM and may hit a little row tonight if I'm up for it.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Missed a few days recently....probably the longest stretch (3 days) that I've been off for a while.

Friday I had a massive migraine so I didn't workout
Saturday we were snowmobiling (so some physical activity)
Sunday I was just lazy

Back at it today with yoga (UGH I still hate yoga) and spin class tonight. I'll be wrapping up my 3rd of 5 weeks in the second round tomorrow.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by annerj
. I'll be wrapping up my 3rd of 5 weeks in the second round tomorrow.

correction 2nd of 5 weeks wrapping up today.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:38 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
correction 2nd of 5 weeks wrapping up today.
I'm impressed. This is your second round, right? How many days/weeks did you take off?

I've messed up my ITB, so my 2012 workouts have been sub-par for the last couple weeks. As I recover, I've actually consider doing some of the P90X workouts that don't require a lot of bending/straightening the knee.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I'm impressed. This is your second round, right? How many days/weeks did you take off?
Correct. I took 7 days off after I finished my first round (91 workouts) where I lifted heavy (actual weights at the gym) and did spin before I started back up.

I'm doing phase 3 only this second round (which is basically 1 week of phase 1, 1 week of phase 2, repeat both, transition week for a total of 5 weeks). I'm hoping to finish the 5 weeks, do another heavy lift week then do that 5 weeks one more time.....then we'll see what the weather looks like to see if I can start biking or not.

I've messed up my ITB, so my 2012 workouts have been sub-par for the last couple weeks. As I recover, I've actually consider doing some of the P90X workouts that don't require a lot of bending/straightening the knee.
I hope you heal quickly and can get back to it!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm still enjoying Tony Horton so far....I've said it a few times in this thread but I think I'm really benefiting from the structure. Getting workouts in on some of those days that I'd normally have taken off.

Being home for a few weeks has been nice also (being able to add in spin Mon/Wed nights and not eating out so dang much*).

*I really hope this is the last piece to the puzzle for me....As always I'm overly optimistic but I'd be STOKED to lose 2-3 pounds in each of these mini 5 week rounds. Just thinking about going into bike season that light excites me!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Legs/Back this morning (skipped abs as I was running late and my abs are a little sore).

Finish up Week 3 Round 2 this afternoon with Stretch X. Two more to go until Weigh in....I'm anxious as always.

Really feeling the love this round....going heavier and harder on just about everything. Amazes me when I go up in weight AND can do more reps than the last time.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:02 pm

Really feeling the love this round....going heavier and harder on just about everything. Amazes me when I go up in weight AND can do more reps than the last time.
Awesome! I think we sometimes underestimate ourselves. (Though the fact that you just finished a round several weeks ago doesn't hurt either.)
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well i've maxed out my bands on the pull ups (pull downs actually). I bought that set, added the "super" orange band but am now using all of the bands I own for pull downs.

Think I'll order up a second "super" band and see which lighter ones I need to pull off.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Beachbody.com released a new flavor of shakeology last week (tropical strawberry). I ordered up a sample of two to try out.

I hope its good. The chocolate I REALLY like, the greenberry or whatever I can't stand.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:21 am

Beachbody.com released a new flavor of shakeology last week (tropical strawberry). I ordered up a sample of two to try out.

I hope its good. The chocolate I REALLY like, the greenberry or whatever I can't stand.
I'm also interested in trying it. The fact that it's vegan is appealing, because I try to avoid whey protein. But I've never met an (artificially flavored) strawberry drink I like. Chocolate is decent (though perhaps an acquired taste), but I don't drink it regularly because of the whey protein thing. Greenberry is hideous.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm also interested in trying it. The fact that it's vegan is appealing, because I try to avoid whey protein. But I've never met an (artificially flavored) strawberry drink I like. Chocolate is decent (though perhaps an acquired taste), but I don't drink it regularly because of the whey protein thing. Greenberry is hideous.

I drink the chocolate most mornings for breakfast (probably 6.5 days out of 7)...I started a couple months ago.

Greenberry is bad....I had the same 2 sample pack. I did drink both but it wasn't pleasant.

Do you add things into these shakes? I'm just ~12 ounces of milk, ice and the powder.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I agree on the acquired taste. I drink the E&E, post workout and shakeology and they are all acquired tastes to some extent.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:57 pm

I drink the chocolate most mornings for breakfast (probably 6.5 days out of 7)...I started a couple months ago.

Greenberry is bad....I had the same 2 sample pack. I did drink both but it wasn't pleasant.

Do you add things into these shakes? I'm just ~12 ounces of milk, ice and the powder.
I've been off of the Shakeology for a while, but I think I was mixing the powder with ~8 oz of liquid (mix of water & almond milk) plus enough ice to make it into a soft-serve consistency. Sometimes I threw in a little almond butter, too.

My biggest mistake when I first tried chocolate Shakeology: Not using enough liquid. I was working off of those menu cards that come with the first order, did a mix of chocolate + a banana + too little liquid. It was nasty!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Vegan strawberry isn't too bad. It tastes a little like straw/banana to me. The only thing I dislike about it is that its a little gritty where the chocolate is smooth.

I ordered up another bag of Chocolate (still my favorite) and will probably get a strawberry bag to mix in but I don't think I'll do that one every day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.