Community
Wiki Posts
Search

P90x

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Started week 8 today. Anxious to get my body measurements/comp done at the end of the week.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
I wound up buying one of these. The location of the doors in my bedroom wasn't convenient for anchoring the bands and watching the DVDs. My basement is a better place for me to break a sweat anyway (not to mention it doesn't disturb my wife early in the morning) and this strap will allow me to anchor the bands from the structural posts in that space.

That said, I can't believe they charge $16-$17 for this thing. It's basically a strap of canvas with two loops on the ends. You thread one loop through the other and around a post to create an anchor point for the bands.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Overly anxious to hop on the scale and do my bodyfat %.

Was down only 1 pound after phase 1....I didn't do my bodyfat % when I started though but I'm guessing I gained muscle as my clothes fit better.

I'd think down a couple at LEAST on this weigh in.....we will see.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Did the Stretch X this morning since I'm working all day and traveling pretty late tonight.

Officially done with phase 2. Feeling good

I think phase 2 was better than phase 1 workout wise. I enjoyed the lifts more in this phase.

Bring on phase 3!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by annerj
Overly anxious to hop on the scale and do my bodyfat %.

My weight was flat but my body fat % was down 1.4% (I think). I'll take it. Phase three has started off well....few late nights in Vegas led to me skipping another day (my 4th since this started).

*Skip just means no workout for the day so my end day gets extended a day.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
My weight was flat but my body fat % was down 1.4% (I think). I'll take it. Phase three has started off well....few late nights in Vegas led to me skipping another day (my 4th since this started).

*Skip just means no workout for the day so my end day gets extended a day.
Interesting. Does that 1.4% decrease in body fat result in any significant change in the way you look and the way your clothes fit? Has your waist measurement changed? Chest? I'm just trying to relate this to what they promote on TV and in their videos. The "transformations" seem pretty significant, so I wondered how "real" the results are for the average (not that I'm calling you "average") person.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Has any decided to purchase P90X2? I'm tempted, but not yet ready to bite the bullet (in part because I'm not in any shape to do it at this moment & have Chalean which I also haven't done).
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dchristiva
Interesting. Does that 1.4% decrease in body fat result in any significant change in the way you look and the way your clothes fit? Has your waist measurement changed? Chest? I'm just trying to relate this to what they promote on TV and in their videos. The "transformations" seem pretty significant, so I wondered how "real" the results are for the average (not that I'm calling you "average") person.
So first off I'm not dieting and honestly I think that is the key. I've never been one to lose weight easily. As an example I did a full out protein diet (no carb) for 11 weeks a couple years ago. It was my first diet ever... I lost a grand total of just over 13 pounds....the people that ran the diet said they'd never seen anything like it (I'm sure they thought I was cheating a ton).

But my pants are looser and my shoulders are bigger for sure but I wouldn't call it too significant. When I get final measurements I'll let you know the actual decrease in inches.

Last edited by annerj; Dec 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Has any decided to purchase P90X2? I'm tempted, but not yet ready to bite the bullet (in part because I'm not in any shape to do it at this moment & have Chalean which I also haven't done).

Not me. I'll buy it second hand from someone dumping it cheap....same way I got P90x

My plan is to finish up my first round of 90 and probably go right back into round two to finish off winter. Not sure what I'll do during summer (I bike a lot outside and that itself is a time suck....not sure I have enough time to bike and do p90x)
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Also It looks to me that p90x2 is going to be a lot more equipment heavy.....OK for home but on the road its going to be pretty tough.

Last edited by annerj; Dec 10, 2011 at 3:27 pm
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can't remember if I posted but I bought an adjustable set of dumbbells for the house. They go from 5-50 pounds each in 5 pound increments. They are a little clunky to use but nearly as bad as I feared. Clunky = bulky. They do seem to adjust easily for strip sets.

Using actual weights (which I'm more use to in the gym) brings out an entire new level or sore.

^
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:47 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I can't remember if I posted but I bought an adjustable set of dumbbells for the house. They go from 5-50 pounds each in 5 pound increments. They are a little clunky to use but nearly as bad as I feared. Clunky = bulky. They do seem to adjust easily for strip sets.

Using actual weights (which I'm more use to in the gym) brings out an entire new level or sore.

^
What brand did you buy? Living in a high-rise, space is always at a premium. when I saw the dial-a-weights they use in Chalean I was very interested, but it's a considerable expense (particularly when you already have already purchased a lot of weights).
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What brand did you buy? Living in a high-rise, space is always at a premium. when I saw the dial-a-weights they use in Chalean I was very interested, but it's a considerable expense (particularly when you already have already purchased a lot of weights).
I went with the S.A. Gear (sports authority). They had a 25% off coupon over thanksgiving and I had a stackable 15% coupon.

I'd bought "normal' dumbbells in 8, 15, 25 and 30 and thought if I was going to buy any more that it just didn't make sense to not buy the selectable ones.

My only complaint so far is they are big...probably the size of a "normal" 65-70 pound dumbbell. Not a huge deal.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

How was chalean? I hear good things about that program also.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

my 12th Yoga done today. i must say it is easier but my form still sucks and 45 minutes in (end of the moving poses) I'm still wiped out. 4 more sessions in my first round!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.