Wiki Posts
Search

P90x

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Phase 2 of this round done

Pull-up cage is SWEET....really rocking it.

Lost a bit over 3 pounds in 5 weeks. Not sure what all is different but thats 2 in a row with BIG numbers.

Anxious to see what phase 3 brings.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Another full round of p90 done . Took me around 120 days this time to get through the 91 days (couple days off, spin, row, etc).

Started up another round today. This one should take even longer I'm guessing if bike season every starts fully up here (snow/wind warning this week......)
Old May 17, 2013, 6:07 pm

P90x

Keep up the P90! Great workouts. I've had to balance them with others exercises though. After 2 rounds P90x and 1 of P90x2 I was getting repetitive motion strains and injuries. Doing some weightlifting has allowed me to put on some additional muscle and some moderate running and stretching had allowed my body to improve.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcman2
Keep up the P90! Great workouts. I've had to balance them with others exercises though.

Same here. I'm biking (spin during off season), rowing, bleachers (blah), and hiking a bit.

Trying to keep my core workouts via p90 though. During biking and other stuff season I've been doing the lifts, yoga and stretch. I dropped plyo as it was just too much for my legs (may pick it back up once I'm not sore for 3 days post bleachers). I dropped kenpo very early on as I just didn't feel that it was a good workout for me.

Originally Posted by dcman2
1 of P90x2 I was getting repetitive motion strains and injuries. Doing some weightlifting has allowed me to put on some additional muscle and some moderate running and stretching had allowed my body to improve.
How was p90x2? That one scares me a bit....
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by annerj
414 pushups in the last week during chest/back workouts was a personal best (I think 450 could happen this year if I keep at it)

Flat out crushed it today.....working out at 8250 feet of elevation so I was winded throughout.

466 pushups...W.T.F!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Decided to drop the leg workout when I had an event ride planned for the week. Two event weeks in a row and now I'm paying big time for skipping legs for almost 3 full weeks.....I can hardly sit
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Transition week this week. Was an interesting round for sure......didn't do much plyo once biking season started, dropped legs on bike event weeks.

Was super slack about getting all my ab workouts in.

We are back home for a stretch so its time to refocus on the workouts. Back to shakeology for breakfasts, back to getting all ab workouts in. I'll probably still skip plyo until bike season is over.

I'll start picking back up row and getting good bleacher workouts in while I can.

Last edited by annerj; Jul 30, 2013 at 8:04 am
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Started p90x3 several weeks ago. IDK its not my favorite

Workouts are too short for my taste (all 30 minutes) - so I'm doubling some up and still doing morning row/circuits/evening spins.

Lot of balance type stuff....I'm bad in this area..enough that some of the workouts are sacrificed as I try to catch my balance so much. The upside to this is I feel like I'm really tightening up my core compared to original p90.

Couple of the workouts I really like and can see mixing them in when time is short long term (CVX, Warrior, Pilates, MMX etc).

All that said I'll stick with it for the 90 days but I'm already anxious to get back into the more traditional lifting of p90x.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
gymnasticbodies.com - Foundation 1 - way way way better.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xmlsoa
gymnasticbodies.com - Foundation 1 - way way way better.
Probably going to need a bit more than "way way way better"......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.