Test & Go Application Process changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Just saw in the news that they may from 1st of May do away with the PCR testing on arrival and the day 1 confirmed hotel booking?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Just saw in the news that they may from 1st of May do away with the PCR testing on arrival and the day 1 confirmed hotel booking?
It is agreed in principle but yet to be made official. But the plan they have tabled is to replace the test & go scheme with an ATK test on arrival and no forced hotel stay. The PM has said he wants to see how the trend looks after Songkran before making the final decision.
thbe likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
It is agreed in principle but yet to be made official. But the plan they have tabled is to replace the test & go scheme with an ATK test on arrival and no forced hotel stay. The PM has said he wants to see how the trend looks after Songkran before making the final decision.
Yet it is a given that cases are going to skyrocket after Songkran so I don't see such a change in the short term.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Yet it is a given that cases are going to skyrocket after Songkran so I don't see such a change in the short term.
They will ease the restrictions in May and scrap them for July (maybe June) anyway.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thbe
They will ease the restrictions in May and scrap them for July (maybe June) anyway.
How dare you contradict the Thailand haters?
thbe likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Do you mean that no prepayment for the Day One Stay? I actually do not mind a PCR test 72 hours before the departure of the flight to Thailand. What gets me is the Day One stay with the PCR test. If they do away with this Day One test and Go and the prepayment for the hotel I will be happy.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
Do you mean that no prepayment for the Day One Stay? I actually do not mind a PCR test 72 hours before the departure of the flight to Thailand. What gets me is the Day One stay with the PCR test. If they do away with this Day One test and Go and the prepayment for the hotel I will be happy.
Yes. The pre-departure test requirement has already been scrapped, and the proposed move to ATK test instead of PCR would see the mandatory one-night stay go away.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thbe
They said they would do so IF the post-Songkran numbers didn't explode.

The Bangkok Post today says they are expecting 100,000 new cases a day post-Songkran.

As with most things in Thailand, we shall see . . ..
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:31 pm

I tried to book a Test and Go at a hotel and they advised me today to hold on for now as my trip is next month.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
How does the "test and go" system work with a connecting flight through BKK and onto another destination in Thailand? Does one test and go in BKK or at the final destination (I'm assuming it's in BKK)? I'm looking at booking a flight from SGN to Ko Samui in late July for my family of 4 and there are no direct flighs, but I do see connecting flights through BKK with connecting times ranging from a couple of hours to overnight. I know that things are changing, but I'm just wondering what anyone here would advise on what sort of ticket I should purchase (i.e. how many hours/days to connect). As I am travelling with children the easiest would be not to stay overnight in BKK but to connect on the same day.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by gspurr
How does the "test and go" system work with a connecting flight through BKK and onto another destination in Thailand? Does one test and go in BKK or at the final destination (I'm assuming it's in BKK)? I'm looking at booking a flight from SGN to Ko Samui in late July for my family of 4 and there are no direct flighs, but I do see connecting flights through BKK with connecting times ranging from a couple of hours to overnight. I know that things are changing, but I'm just wondering what anyone here would advise on what sort of ticket I should purchase (i.e. how many hours/days to connect). As I am travelling with children the easiest would be not to stay overnight in BKK but to connect on the same day.
You might as well wait until the end of this month to see what new changes they are planning to bring.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gspurr
at the moment, only so called sealed flights are allowed for domestic transit to Phuket or Ko Samui without a test stop in Bangkok. But as already said, this might soon change
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:28 am

Pre-arrival PCR test is definitely scrapped, right? The wording of some of the posts above has me scratching my head. I thought it was a done deal as of 1 April.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gregorio1
Pre-arrival PCR test is definitely scrapped, right? The wording of some of the posts above has me scratching my head. I thought it was a done deal as of 1 April.
Pre-departure PCR test was scrapped from 1. April
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
Let's see what happens. I'm hoping to make a trip to BKK in beginning of June (not the 1st thou). I hope entry testing would ease out even more than now, but as it's communicated much depends on Songkran and it's aftermath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.