Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Braniff
What actually happens if you test positive? Are you taken away and put in a public hospital as the website seems to indicate, or are you allowed to isolate in your room. Single traveler.
depends on location, your symptoms, health authority in charge, available options and your negotation skills...
Hospital isolation, hospitel, stay in hotel or change to other hotel, isolation in own condo/house, state quarantine....there are many different stories
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by BinSabai
depends on location, your symptoms, health authority in charge, available options and your negotation skills...
Hospital isolation, hospitel, stay in hotel or change to other hotel, isolation in own condo/house, state quarantine....there are many different stories
All true but I doubt very much that a foreigner would be put in a public hospital as the OP asked. If hospitalized it would be the hospital associated with hotel if on arrival. After that I don't know.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estnet
All true but I doubt very much that a foreigner would be put in a public hospital as the OP asked. If hospitalized it would be the hospital associated with hotel if on arrival. After that I don't know.
with no word I said, that any foreigner will be put in a public hospital. I am also not sure whether the OP knows the difference between public and private hospitals in Thailand.
and I also know foreigners, who have been treated in public hospitals for Covid, some free of charge and some at very low expenses...
and yes of course, if you test positive during test & go and have severe symptoms, then the obvious option is the hospital which collaborates with the test & go hotel
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
with no word I said, that any foreigner will be put in a public hospital. I am also not sure whether the OP knows the difference between public and private hospitals in Thailand.
and I also know foreigners, who have been treated in public hospitals for Covid, some free of charge and some at very low expenses...
and yes of course, if you test positive during test & go and have severe symptoms, then the obvious option is the hospital which collaborates with the test & go hotel
How can a foreigner be treated in public hospital? There are so many horror stories of testing + and without symptoms, but being forced into a long hospital stay and very high cost. They can't all be made up?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:50 am
Original Poster

How can a foreigner be treated in public hospital? There are so many horror stories of testing + and without symptoms, but being forced into a long hospital stay and very high cost. They can't all be made up?
I did not claim that those stories are made up...there are many, in particular during the start period of sandbox and test & go....but it seems more and more common sense and less harsh measures prevail!
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:21 am

First: Of course they could be all made up. In these days there are many lies about much more serious and obvious subjects. We have a war on information about almost everything.

It‘s as BinSabai said. It depends on different factors, where you end up after tested positive. If your Thai contacts are as bad as possible and you are as incapable as possible, then you will end up in the worst scenario possible, which is staying in a expensive hospital for 10 days. In some countries of the world some people get their pride from being as dumb as possible. Thailand doesn‘t belong to that kind of countries.

The most important advice is to manage your situation as much as possible actively by yourself if you are tested positive. Most people, who end up in a hospital without having symptoms, did nothing but waiting and after 1-3 days of them doing nothing, the Thai authorities took their actions. If you have any kind of personal contacts to Thai people (including hotel management staff as i.e. a frequent guest) use them. And if your are talking to an official face-to-face try to get dressed in an appropriate way before. Even if the pre departure is scrapped, get tested before departure. Traveling to Thailand from a country with a high rate of infections without being sure of being negative belongs to the most stupid things someone can do.

Very soon that will be history anyway as all restrictions will be scrapped starting from June or July. That‘s in two or three months.
behuman, SKT-DK and BinSabai like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:09 am

There will be more changes starting on May 1. The Minister of Health is preparing requests to the CCSA (which decides about that kind of regulations).

The Minister of Tourism requests the following changes:
- changing the PCR test on arrival to an ATK test starting from May 1
- scrapping all corona linked entry restrictions starting from June 1 (that means the scrapping of the Thailand Pass)

The question is, if the Minister of Health will wait for the end of Songkran before he will publish his requests or if he publishes them before. I think, it will be the same requests as requested by the Minister of Tourism.

We were never as close to get rid of that entry restrictions as we are now.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Thank you. I sent messages to the two hotels I normally stay at in Bangkok (depends on location) to ask the same question. These are five-star hotels. Neither one has responded to my question. Normally they respond almost instantly. I guess the answers are not clear…
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:26 am

We had the same questions.

The hotel we are staying at in Phuket has told us that if we are positive, we will need to discuss with the hotel on next steps. Next steps range from quarantine in the hotel to quarantine in the hospital. I take that to mean that if you are smart, you can probably quarantine in the hotel (especially if the hotel gets more of your cash).

I don’t want to state the hotel but it’s not a huge chain and it’s a 5 star.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by goldwannabe
We had the same questions.

The hotel we are staying at in Phuket has told us that if we are positive, we will need to discuss with the hotel on next steps. Next steps range from quarantine in the hotel to quarantine in the hospital. I take that to mean that if you are smart, you can probably quarantine in the hotel (especially if the hotel gets more of your cash).

I don’t want to state the hotel but it’s not a huge chain and it’s a 5 star.
I certainly hope you don't test positive - if you are unfortunate please do tell us what happens.

Originally Posted by Braniff
Thank you. I sent messages to the two hotels I normally stay at in Bangkok (depends on location) to ask the same question. These are five-star hotels. Neither one has responded to my question. Normally they respond almost instantly. I guess the answers are not clear…
Also if you do get a response please let us know - the conventional wisdom is that it is an MD makes the decision but if the hotel has a say that would be useful information.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Quick Test & Go question... Has anyone successfully used an existing general annual travel insurance policy, like one of those credit card ones? Or does everyone have to buy the Thailand specific one? No sweat, as it's only a few $s, but why pay extra if you don't need to, eh?

Also I was planning to use my usual taxi company rather than bundle it into the hotel. Do they still need proof of transfer wrapped into your hotel booking? (I'm looking at HKT FWIW)

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
1. Yes.
2. ?

2. The website is for a "PCR" test. However children under 6 don't have a PCR test, they have a saliva test. So the question is, do we need to book that on thailandpsas.com beforehand? Or we just turn up and the kids have the appointment?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goldwannabe
2. The website is for a "PCR" test. However children under 6 don't have a PCR test, they have a saliva test. So the question is, do we need to book that on thailandpsas.com beforehand? Or we just turn up and the kids have the appointment?
They won't issue the pass without a paid Covid test.

I don't know what they are doing about kids.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:09 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kt74
Quick Test & Go question... Has anyone successfully used an existing general annual travel insurance policy, like one of those credit card ones? Or does everyone have to buy the Thailand specific one? No sweat, as it's only a few $s, but why pay extra if you don't need to, eh?

Also I was planning to use my usual taxi company rather than bundle it into the hotel. Do they still need proof of transfer wrapped into your hotel booking? (I'm looking at HKT FWIW)

Thanks
I did not used CC insurance, but generic travel insurance from Europe
I called the insurance to ask if they can specifically send me a document about the Thailand requirements, they said that they do it everyday for people going to Thailand.

Got my test and go in 5 hours with that.
kt74 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by kt74
Yes, using Amex travel insurance. For my first trip in September I‘ve got a document for the duration of that single trip. When I‘ve requested documents for more trips, they‘ve sent me a document which covers 12 months. I‘ve used that document for a couple of COEs and TP so far without any problem.
kt74 and travelinterpreters like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.