Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Food and Beverage menu in J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Thai Food and Beverage menu in J

I have not travelled with Thai for some time but found their food to be reasonable quality when you could pre order your meal of choice. I recently booked a ticket in Biz on the A380 LHR-BKK route and see that the facility for pre ordering no longer exists. I am not a huge fan of Thai food so am unlikely to request the samrab. Would be interested to hear of any Western style food offerings particularly on this route, if menus are frequently changed and what wines are being served. Have flown recently a few times with Cathay, and although I enjoy their service, their wine selection is very poor for a premium carrier. I hope that Thai can do better? Am I correct in saying that the onboard bar area is in F only unlike Qatar and Etihad? Any other general pieces of advice gratefully received.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Beside up to 6 Thai Food dishes you can choose from 2 starters and from 2 main Courses Western Food (usually one meat and one fish/seafood). Dessert usually 2 choices, one Thai, one Western. Cheese is a Special Course
you can also Combine with Thai dishes (for example as starter and Western main Course)
Wine 2 white and 2 red usually all French, White usually a Chardonnay and a Sauvignon Blanc, red a Burgundy and a Bordeaux
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:11 am

onboard bar area: there is something like a Lounge in front of the F cabin (of course only for F passengers) but I have very seldom seen it used. Some crews put Drinks there for self Service but F passengers usually prefer to get served at their seats
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that. Are the menus changed fairly regularly?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by dave31
Thanks for that. Are the menus changed fairly regularly?
outward and return have different menus
menu change monthly but I believe after 3 months, menu can return
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: AF, A3, UU, BA
What about the champagne? Is it a nice one or is it just ok?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Zoille
What about the champagne? Is it a nice one or is it just ok?
Veuve Cliquot or another with about the same level i can not recall. Better than in the past. Not as expensive as Dom Perignon in F, but still pretty good
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: AF, A3, UU, BA
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Veuve Cliquot or another with about the same level i can not recall. Better than in the past. Not as expensive as Dom Perignon in F, but still pretty good
Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:19 am
Original Poster

A bit of a longshot I know, but does anyone know what red wines are being served this month in J on the London-Bangkok route? Also does Thai Airways have a particular signature drink?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:47 am

A bit of a longshot I know, but does anyone know what red wines are being served this month in J on the London-Bangkok route? Also does Thai Airways have a particular signature drink?
if I am not wrong it is a Bourgogne Pinot Noir (Burgundy), a no Name Chateau from Médoc (Bordeaux) and a Cote du Roussillon Village from Languedoc
signature drink? probably just the Dom Pérignon in First...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Are you implying that the reds are not very special and highly forgettable? ' a no name chateau from medoc''
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:53 am

Are you implying that the reds are not very special and highly forgettable? ' a no name chateau from medoc''
they have good quality but are not outstanding. It was not one of the famous Chateau, so I can not recall the name. It is pretty much in line what other airlines offer in J. If you want to drink great wines up in the air, you have to fly F
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:35 pm

Where can I find the regular food menu in J? I'll be flying BKK->TPE end of February. I was able to preselect the seared salmon with squid ink pasta. I know that it's a relatively short flight, but I'm excited to try Thai J for the first time!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by petey2428
Where can I find the regular food menu in J? I'll be flying BKK->TPE end of February. I was able to preselect the seared salmon with squid ink pasta. I know that it's a relatively short flight, but I'm excited to try Thai J for the first time!
you will find it in the menu flyer on the plane!
since TG changed to the new service (samrap Thai) there are no preselected menus anymore. However you can still order Special meals like veg, muslim, kosher, hindu etc.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:18 am

The fish is usually a good choice . And the flavours are not too strong if you are not keen on Thai food. Usually quite tasty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.