Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Food and Beverage menu in J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
In theory, yes. And as per your other post, let them know when they are taking orders that you want the lobster saved for the morning.

But the flight is quite short. With dinner starting 45 mins to an hour after takeoff, and being fairly elaborate, and the second meal service starting around 90 minutes before landing, whether or not you'll feel like eating a big second meal just a few hours after the first is the issue.
that is correct and the other main dish as midnight snack was just a joke….

when flying F, there are so many courses and I also prefer a short break between the courses and a change of beverage, champagne, wodka with the caviar, White wine with the starter, red wine with the main meal...so usually I end with the meal not before 3 hours after take off....but I am also a very slow eater
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
when flying F, there are so many courses and I also prefer a short break between the courses and a change of beverage, champagne, wodka with the caviar, White wine with the starter, red wine with the main meal...so usually I end with the meal not before 3 hours after take off....but I am also a very slow eater
That is my preference too - depending on the time of departure of course, but the longer it drags out, the longer it keeps you entertained Of course, that statement is only valid if the crew makes the service flow accordingly, and you do not end up sitting around with empty plates and glasses for half the time.
And then to solve the "short flight problem", I usually pass on breakfast anyway
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

That’s very interesting. Does that mean I order the Lobster, eat the Thai Samrab for dinner and ask them to serve the lobster before we get to SYD?
Thats what I do, both ways & it works for me, the Breakfast dishes are not to my liking & on the return I have it as the second meal before landing the menu options for that meal are quite poor & not filling.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I want the preordered main for breakfast, should I let the cabin crew know right after boarding?
They come to you while your enjoying some DOM on the ground in BKK & confirm that you preordered a meal & just tell them then that you want it before landing in SYD.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
They come to you while your enjoying some DOM on the ground in BKK & confirm that you preordered a meal & just tell them then that you want it before landing in SYD.
does LH serve you two preordered main dishes as HON?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
does LH serve you two preordered main dishes as HON?
No pre ordering of meals on LH period & no DOM either, plus points for TG ^
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
No pre ordering of meals on LH period & no DOM either, plus points for TG ^
What does work, though, is to check the menu for a particular LH flight in advance and call LH F service to tell them there is nothing you like. They will then try to offer alternatives.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What does work, though, is to check the menu for a particular LH flight in advance and call LH F service to tell them there is nothing you like. They will then try to offer alternatives.
Good point ^. But always found something I like onboard LH F to date, as a European I suppose I’m easier to please.

On TG I really appreciate the pre ordering
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.