Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Food and Beverage menu in J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I don’t pre-order in J or F. You’ll have your caviar and all sorts of other things. (It’s not worth pre-ordering in biz class these days, and pretty much same goes for F).
Great, thanks.

Is there something like a samrab in F, too? If not, I would consider preordering a Thai set meal.

Last edited by worldclubber; Feb 2, 2019 at 6:46 pm
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Great, thanks.

Is there something like a samrab in F, too? If not, I would consider preordering a Thai set meal.
yes, there are usually 4 main dishes in F to choose from, 2 Thai and 2 Western. I have stopped to preorder as I had some disappointing dishes from the preorder menu
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I never pre-order either. I have never found the pre-order menu looking very interesting and I must admit I like the element of surprise too
worldclubber and BinSabai like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:32 am

Great, thanks.
here part of the F menu from my last flight; you see there are several side dishes to the main Thai dish

worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:03 am

Thank you all very much for your replies to my question concerning preorders in F.

They menu looks really good. Will give it a try without preorder!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thank you all very much for your replies to my question concerning preorders in F.

They menu looks really good. Will give it a try without preorder!
I always pre order in TG F, one is not compelled to eat it, personally I can eat Lobster Thermidor for Breakfast, it’s a personal favourite & that’s what flying F is all about
worldclubber and BinSabai like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by chris63
I always pre order in TG F, one is not compelled to eat it, personally I can eat Lobster Thermidor for Breakfast, it’s a personal favourite & that’s what flying F is all about
That’s very interesting. Does that mean I order the Lobster, eat the Thai Samrab for dinner and ask them to serve the lobster before we get to SYD?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:58 am

That’s very interesting. Does that mean I order the Lobster, eat the Thai Samrab for dinner and ask them to serve the lobster before we get to SYD?
and another western main dish as midnight snack
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
and another western main dish as midnight snack
True FT spirit, but I think dinner and breakfast should be enough, even for me.

If I want the preordered main for breakfast, should I let the cabin crew know right after boarding?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:40 am

Hi there,

I will be heading to MEL in J-Class on TG461 (the dayflight that leaves at 08:10am) in a couple of days. What can I expect in terms of catering?

1st serve breakfast and 2nd serve a light dinner? Any possibility to skip breakfast and replace it with something else (as I am not a brekky kind of person)?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Last edited by Gabribkk; Feb 3, 2019 at 10:04 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Gabribkk
Hi there,

I will be heading to MEL in J-Class on TG461 (the dayflight that leaves at 08:10am) in a couple of days. What can I expect in terms of catering?

1st serve breakfast and 2nd serve a light dinner? Any possibility to skip breakfast and replace it with something else (as I am not a brekky kind of person)?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!
It's a full breakfast followed by a full dinner. I'm not a breakfast person either but by the time you've been up since 4 am (if you're originating in BKK), or the time between connecting flights, and given there's virtually nothing worth eating in the biz class lounge, the breakfast is actually kind of welcome. It's usually pretty good (fresh and tasty).

I'm not sure what else there is to replace breakfast with. Dinner will be served two hours or so before landing, and the flight is only around 8 hours in the air.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In theory, yes. And as per your other post, let them know when they are taking orders that you want the lobster saved for the morning.

But the flight is quite short. With dinner starting 45 mins to an hour after takeoff, and being fairly elaborate, and the second meal service starting around 90 minutes before landing, whether or not you'll feel like eating a big second meal just a few hours after the first is the issue.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:15 pm

But the flight is quite short. With dinner starting 45 mins to an hour after takeoff, and being fairly elaborate, and the second meal service starting around 90 minutes before landing, whether or not you'll feel like eating a big second meal just a few hours after the first is the issue.
Well, as I said to BinSabai: I will probably skip the mid flight snack. .

On a more serious note: thank you for your thoughts. It’ll kind of also depend on what I eat at the TH FCL after I get off LH’s F flight. But one thing is for sure, I won’t eat much for a day or two once I get to SYD.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, as I said to BinSabai: I will probably skip the mid flight snack. .

On a more serious note: thank you for your thoughts. It’ll kind of also depend on what I eat at the TH FCL after I get off LH’s F flight. But one thing is for sure, I won’t eat much for a day or two once I get to SYD.
There is no formal mid flight snack on these flights... just the elaborate first meal service and a smaller second meal.

If you are heading to sydney you’ll get the best and freshest lobster there... not something cooked 24 or more hours before departure, chilled, transported, then reheated on board after another 6 hours

Will be interesting for you to compare LH and TG. They’re both quite different in terms of presentation.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:06 pm

There is no formal mid flight snack on these flights... just the elaborate first meal service and a smaller second meal.

If you are heading to sydney you’ll get the best and freshest lobster there... not something cooked 24 or more hours before departure, chilled, transported, then reheated on board after another 6 hours

Will be interesting for you to compare LH and TG. They’re both quite different in terms of presentation.
BinSabai had jokingly suggested to have another main as mid flight snack and I said I would pass.

Sure there is better lobster on the ground, I used to live in Boston, but can’t remember I ever had lobster in the air and would take Chris’ word for it that TG’s thermidor is good.

I have been on both LH and TG, but fly a lot more LH and TG has been a while. So yes, will be an interesting experience. Plus SQ suites on the way back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.