Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Can't book a flight on Thai Airways using any method

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to book a flight from ICN to HKG on 1/3/17 on Thai Airways

At one point I managed to put in all my contact info but then it asked me to check the box for Terms and Conditions but no box ever showed up. I tried 3 different browsers with the same issue. I tried emailing them and get the helpful response of you need to click the box even though I told them there was no box.

Now it's even worse, I click the fare I want and get this message.
"1 ERROR(S)

We are having difficulty with the request as submitted. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists. However, If your payment is successful, please check your email for ticket document before rebooking. (3006) "

I tried a travel agent, and they couldn't book it. I called Thai Air in Montreal and LA and they couldn't book it.

I emailed the email the LA office gave me and they have ignored the email (it's been 4 days).

I tried calling Air Canada and they said they can't book it because Thai has North American offices.

Am I the only one with this problem? Probably going to give up and fly Asiana but figured if anyone could help me, it would be the FlyerTalk forums.

Thanks in advance.

Samson
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Suggestion- go to So Korea site of TG and try booking there. Will be in Korea Won but might be less.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by sorjue
I am trying to book a flight from ICN to HKG on 1/3/17 on Thai Airways
ICN to HKG via BKK Several direct flights are available so the savings buying a TG ticket need to be significant to justify this detour. Somehow I doubt the savings when it is TG (rather than some LLC).

Last edited by SK AAR; Nov 28, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by SK AAR
ICN to HKG via BKK Several direct flights are available so the savings buying a TG ticket need to be significant to justify this detour. Somehow I doubt the savings when it is TG (rather than some LLC).
I cannot see OP saying "via BKK" anywhere. It must be your imagination playing. And BTW there is direct TG629 flight amongst your "several direct flights".
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SK AAR
they have one direct flight per day from ICN to HKG; it's a plane that continue afterwards to BKK. The same in opposite direction one a day.
Also TPE ICN have one direct flight per day.
In the past also HKG TPE direct but that is gone
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I C. Thank you for educating me on the TG schedules. I didn't realise that TG had HKG-ICN add-on to one of their HKG flights. The OP/inquiry makes more sense now.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I can't see any fares filed for this routing on Thai. I'm sure they would have traffic rights, so it's just Thai being Thai. Which means you'd have to find someone in Seoul who has a paper contract to book it

Try some online Korean OTA's. Or book another airline that will make it easy to give you money!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
It could be that their central system was down or being updated.
TG has traffic rights and fares loaded.

TG website suffers from periodic problem (in addition to problems with their central system). But it seems to be currently working.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by brunos
It could be that their central system was down or being updated.
TG has traffic rights and fares loaded.

TG website suffers from periodic problem (in addition to problems with their central system). But it seems to be currently working.
Yes - now loaded and bookable! How odd. How TG!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: FB Gold, G3 Gold, JJ Vermelho
I am encountering the same problems. Need to book flights from Bangkok to Luang Prabang, then to Krabi and back to Bangkok. Nothing works. Tried three different browsers (safari, chrome, firefox) and not even a simple one-way search goes through. Always the same error messages as the poster above. On Expedia it's the same thing, the reply is that the engine couldn't fight any flights for the routes, which is obviously not the case. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by arrozcomfeijao
I am encountering the same problems. Need to book flights from Bangkok to Luang Prabang, then to Krabi and back to Bangkok. Nothing works. Tried three different browsers (safari, chrome, firefox) and not even a simple one-way search goes through. Always the same error messages as the poster above. On Expedia it's the same thing, the reply is that the engine couldn't fight any flights for the routes, which is obviously not the case. Any suggestions?
Not much you can do until TG fixes their system.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: MP
Originally Posted by brunos
Not much you can do until TG fixes their system.
I wouldn't hold my breath on it. TG is simply terrible with their online interface.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I'm able to get all the way through to purchasing and then it errors out about not being able to use a one time credit card and need a verifiable card instead.

I'M USING A F($&)&#G VISA CARD (that I'm had no trouble with anywhere else).

Last week, in buying the outbound, the same garbage occurred and called I up adding 15 minutes to what should be an easy task online. My other option is Nok but TG has better scheduling and I really don't want to deal with DMK in the next few weeks.

.... and there was no problem with the card on the phone!!!.

/rant

SMH
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: MP
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm able to get all the way through to purchasing and then it errors out about not being able to use a one time credit card and need a verifiable card instead.

I'M USING A F($&)&#G VISA CARD (that I'm had no trouble with anywhere else).

Last week, in buying the outbound, the same garbage occurred and called I up adding 15 minutes to what should be an easy task online. My other option is Nok but TG has better scheduling and I really don't want to deal with DMK in the next few weeks.

.... and there was no problem with the card on the phone!!!.

/rant

SMH
Sometimes, some Thai company would have problems with certain credit cards online, but not on the phone. I've had an occasion where I called an airline company complaining about online transaction and they just told me that the card I was using (which I've used it to buy plenty of things on the internet) does not work with their web interface, and I could only do it by phone.

Not saying that was your case, but it's a possibility.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by pon18n
Sometimes, some Thai company would have problems with certain credit cards online, but not on the phone. I've had an occasion where I called an airline company complaining about online transaction and they just told me that the card I was using (which I've used it to buy plenty of things on the internet) does not work with their web interface, and I could only do it by phone.

Not saying that was your case, but it's a possibility.
This probably is my case. While I've never experienced the problem before, nor with any other Chase cards, the TG website doesn't seem to like my Sapphire Reserve.

The Preferred card, which I'd used for years for TG/TG domestic flights, never elicited this problem either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.