FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Can't book a flight on Thai Airways using any method (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1805052-cant-book-flight-thai-airways-using-any-method.html)

sorjue Nov 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Can't book a flight on Thai Airways using any method

I am trying to book a flight from ICN to HKG on 1/3/17 on Thai Airways

At one point I managed to put in all my contact info but then it asked me to check the box for Terms and Conditions but no box ever showed up. I tried 3 different browsers with the same issue. I tried emailing them and get the helpful response of you need to click the box even though I told them there was no box.

Now it's even worse, I click the fare I want and get this message.
"1 ERROR(S)

We are having difficulty with the request as submitted. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists. However, If your payment is successful, please check your email for ticket document before rebooking. (3006) "

I tried a travel agent, and they couldn't book it. I called Thai Air in Montreal and LA and they couldn't book it.

I emailed the email the LA office gave me and they have ignored the email (it's been 4 days).

I tried calling Air Canada and they said they can't book it because Thai has North American offices.

Am I the only one with this problem? Probably going to give up and fly Asiana but figured if anyone could help me, it would be the FlyerTalk forums.

Thanks in advance.

Samson

zebranz Nov 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Suggestion- go to So Korea site of TG and try booking there. Will be in Korea Won but might be less.

SK AAR Nov 28, 2016 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by sorjue (Post 27537421)
I am trying to book a flight from ICN to HKG on 1/3/17 on Thai Airways

ICN to HKG via BKK :confused: Several direct flights are available so the savings buying a TG ticket need to be significant to justify this detour. Somehow I doubt the savings when it is TG (rather than some LLC).

vbroucek Nov 28, 2016 6:17 pm

:td::td::td:

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 27538328)
ICN to HKG via BKK :confused: Several direct flights are available so the savings buying a TG ticket need to be significant to justify this detour. Somehow I doubt the savings when it is TG (rather than some LLC).

I cannot see OP saying "via BKK" anywhere. It must be your imagination playing. And BTW there is direct TG629 flight amongst your "several direct flights".

BinSabai Nov 28, 2016 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 27538328)

they have one direct flight per day from ICN to HKG; it's a plane that continue afterwards to BKK. The same in opposite direction one a day.
Also TPE ICN have one direct flight per day.
In the past also HKG TPE direct but that is gone

SK AAR Nov 29, 2016 1:25 am

I C. Thank you for educating me on the TG schedules. I didn't realise that TG had HKG-ICN add-on to one of their HKG flights. The OP/inquiry makes more sense now.

Sam Bee Nov 30, 2016 10:21 am

I can't see any fares filed for this routing on Thai. I'm sure they would have traffic rights, so it's just Thai being Thai. Which means you'd have to find someone in Seoul who has a paper contract to book it :confused:

Try some online Korean OTA's. Or book another airline that will make it easy to give you money!

brunos Dec 2, 2016 2:50 am

It could be that their central system was down or being updated.
TG has traffic rights and fares loaded.

TG website suffers from periodic problem (in addition to problems with their central system). But it seems to be currently working.

Sam Bee Dec 5, 2016 3:44 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 27554992)
It could be that their central system was down or being updated.
TG has traffic rights and fares loaded.

TG website suffers from periodic problem (in addition to problems with their central system). But it seems to be currently working.

Yes - now loaded and bookable! How odd. How TG!

arrozcomfeijao Dec 10, 2016 7:56 am

I am encountering the same problems. Need to book flights from Bangkok to Luang Prabang, then to Krabi and back to Bangkok. Nothing works. Tried three different browsers (safari, chrome, firefox) and not even a simple one-way search goes through. Always the same error messages as the poster above. On Expedia it's the same thing, the reply is that the engine couldn't fight any flights for the routes, which is obviously not the case. Any suggestions?

brunos Dec 11, 2016 1:36 am

Originally Posted by arrozcomfeijao (Post 27591610)
I am encountering the same problems. Need to book flights from Bangkok to Luang Prabang, then to Krabi and back to Bangkok. Nothing works. Tried three different browsers (safari, chrome, firefox) and not even a simple one-way search goes through. Always the same error messages as the poster above. On Expedia it's the same thing, the reply is that the engine couldn't fight any flights for the routes, which is obviously not the case. Any suggestions?

Not much you can do until TG fixes their system.

pon18n Dec 13, 2016 12:36 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 27594791)
Not much you can do until TG fixes their system.

I wouldn't hold my breath on it. TG is simply terrible with their online interface.

dsquared37 Dec 13, 2016 5:06 am

I'm able to get all the way through to purchasing and then it errors out about not being able to use a one time credit card and need a verifiable card instead.

I'M USING A F($&)&#G VISA CARD (that I'm had no trouble with anywhere else).

Last week, in buying the outbound, the same garbage occurred and called I up adding 15 minutes to what should be an easy task online. My other option is Nok but TG:( has better scheduling and I really don't want to deal with DMK in the next few weeks.

.... and there was no problem with the card on the phone!!!.

/rant

SMH

pon18n Dec 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 27604422)
I'm able to get all the way through to purchasing and then it errors out about not being able to use a one time credit card and need a verifiable card instead.

I'M USING A F($&)&#G VISA CARD (that I'm had no trouble with anywhere else).

Last week, in buying the outbound, the same garbage occurred and called I up adding 15 minutes to what should be an easy task online. My other option is Nok but TG:( has better scheduling and I really don't want to deal with DMK in the next few weeks.

.... and there was no problem with the card on the phone!!!.

/rant

SMH

Sometimes, some Thai company would have problems with certain credit cards online, but not on the phone. I've had an occasion where I called an airline company complaining about online transaction and they just told me that the card I was using (which I've used it to buy plenty of things on the internet) does not work with their web interface, and I could only do it by phone.

Not saying that was your case, but it's a possibility.

dsquared37 Dec 14, 2016 8:05 am

Originally Posted by pon18n (Post 27608259)
Sometimes, some Thai company would have problems with certain credit cards online, but not on the phone. I've had an occasion where I called an airline company complaining about online transaction and they just told me that the card I was using (which I've used it to buy plenty of things on the internet) does not work with their web interface, and I could only do it by phone.

Not saying that was your case, but it's a possibility.

This probably is my case. While I've never experienced the problem before, nor with any other Chase cards, the TG:( website doesn't seem to like my Sapphire Reserve.

The Preferred card, which I'd used for years for TG/TG:( domestic flights, never elicited this problem either.