Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
I have not been to BKK, but my usually reliable sources say that the Royal Orchid lounges by D4 and E1 are open 5am to 2am.
those two are open, but I doubt the TG lounge in E west is open until 2am...last time I was there it closed midnight...
the TG lounge at D4 is not the old D lounge but a new one, called TG Prestige Lounge
in addition TK lounge is open for *Alliance passengers
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
thanks all-so the options for star golds are the turkish lounge or one of the 2 thai airways lounges?
any recommendations as to which is best?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Coming from OW programs many of the *A things seem weird. However I’m switching sides and would like to figure out how the status qualification period actually works.

For example if I register on ROP in march 2022 and earn 50k miles in July 2022 do I have gold until July 2024 or March 2025?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Coming from OW programs many of the *A things seem weird. However I’m switching sides and would like to figure out how the status qualification period actually works.

For example if I register on ROP in march 2022 and earn 50k miles in July 2022 do I have gold until July 2024 or March 2025?
Once you attain Gold, it will be paid for a two year period.

It has been so long (really) since I was a basic member, I cannot recall whether the status was granted soon after meeting the requirement, or after 1 year as a basic member - which is your question. perhaps a more recent Silver/Gold member can offer a view.

It looks like your TG*G status would run Jul 2022 - Jul 2024. The ROP site states:

After enrolment, Silver and Gold status can be attained with accumulation of Qualifying Miles within 2 rolling evaluation periods. This method of evaluation allows members to enjoy the benefits of Silver or Gold status immediately after accumulating sufficient Qualifying Miles. Both Silver and Gold status are then valid for a full 2 years.
This suggests that Qualifying Miles total is checked against threshold criteria every time miles are accrued, and as soon as you hit 50k, then you make Gold and your 2 year anniversary is reset to this date.

Source: https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ro...h_Status.page?
AnttiV likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX DM, HHonors DM, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium
Hi there - new to the TG forum! Got a simple question re check through bags on 2 separate TG tickets:

Was doing HKG-BKK but now have a change of plan needing to go to SIN - if I purchase an additional BKK-SIN (same day transit) would my bags be able to check through at HKG? Or I need to buy a new set of HKG-BKK-SIN on the same PNR? Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geraldchan05
Hi there - new to the TG forum! Got a simple question re check through bags on 2 separate TG tickets:

Was doing HKG-BKK but now have a change of plan needing to go to SIN - if I purchase an additional BKK-SIN (same day transit) would my bags be able to check through at HKG? Or I need to buy a new set of HKG-BKK-SIN on the same PNR? Thanks!
Should be OK. TG staff in BKK are excellent for this, however I assume staff at HKG are contracted and might be fussy about this.

You do want to check the bags through, as having to recover them in BKK and re-checkin would be quite annoying.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
There was a recent thread which includes a diagram from AOT. My recollection is that a single ticket/PNR is required apart from other requirements including about BKK being notified in advance (24 hours?). TG's HKG office should know what is required.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by maerim
There was a recent thread which includes a diagram from AOT. My recollection is that a single ticket/PNR is required apart from other requirements including about BKK being notified in advance (24 hours?). TG's HKG office should know what is required.
indeed currently transit in BKK is only allowed on single ticket.
From 1. April, need of predeparture PCR will be removed but you still need a proof of medical insurance
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Is it possible to pay for the reservation on Thai Airways site using TG Travel Vouchers? Or is it only possible on the phone?
If it's possible on the phone only, is there any TG European number in service where they speak English?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by andywaw
Is it possible to pay for the reservation on Thai Airways site using TG Travel Vouchers? Or is it only possible on the phone?
I think you would have to call.

If it's possible on the phone only, is there any TG European number in service where they speak English?
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/he...e_office.page?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Seems obvious, but Thai site with international phone numbers is not up to date. I asked because the numbers I had already tried did not work (you get only automated message).

Anyway, I can answer my own question, I found out that you can actually use TG vouchers online:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/book/...k-voucher.page
What I find surprising is that the flights you want to book for vouchers via this link, are more expensive than the same flights you can book for money using the regular Thai booking engine at Thaiairways.com
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Seems obvious, but Thai site with international phone numbers is not up to date. I asked because the numbers I had already tried did not work (you get only automated message).

Anyway, I can answer my own question, I found out that you can actually use TG vouchers online:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/book/...k-voucher.page
What I find surprising is that the flights you want to book for vouchers via this link, are more expensive than the same flights you can book for money using the regular Thai booking engine at Thaiairways.com
TG IT strikes again
If you use Skype or have access to any other kind of IP phone I would suggest calling the Thailand based call centre. They are usually quite helpful and may be able to help get the price right
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The New Zealand THAI office offers to connect to the Thai Contact Centre in Bangkok. I always use this option as it is free.

At other times, I have simply made a paid call to Bangkok. I really don't mind spending the $10-15 to solve my issue with a competent agent. I note some folks do not at all like to make a toll call - I have not figured out why that might be…
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were you calling reservations on +66 2 356 1111? This have worked perfectly for over 20 years for me 24/7, for any enquiry (less ROP program matters).

Indeed I used this number twice in the past 4 days to ‘un-freeze’ my J ticket AKL-BKK-AKL of 2019 for use in November this year. I’ll make a separate post about what happened
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Were you calling reservations on +66 2 356 1111? This have worked perfectly for over 20 years for me 24/7, for any enquiry (less ROP program matters).
Indeed I used this number twice in the past 4 days to ‘un-freeze’ my J ticket AKL-BKK-AKL of 2019 for use in November this year. I’ll make a separate post about what happened
If you read my original post carefully, I asked about Thai numbers in Europe which work.
Calling Thailand from Europe (for me) is expensive.
Calling landline in Europe or any number in the USA is (for me) free of charge.
Incidentally, I am pretty sure +66 2 356 1111 did not work 24/7 from some time in 2020 until recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.