Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New upgrade award on Thai and devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by andyptrav
Quote:

Originally Posted by boogey

@Aussie_flyer. Yeah some of them are not ROP you are right

@kiam: random chats and assumption. especially in First class just by chatting around with other pax they share their situation sometimes.

Assumption based on what? Your own prejudices?

First an admission: my F class flights are split approx. 50/50 ROP award/upgrade vs fully paid.

I am in F, I do not chat with a passenger across the aisle. If I did so were he (she) to be so rude as to ask about the status of my ticket I would either tell them to f off or give the answer I felt would most annoy them. Most likely the latter.

The vast majority of my flights are paid out of after tax income so I have to make approx. £8,000 in my business to pay for an F flight LHR-BKK with UK tax rates being what they are. Should I sneer at fellow passengers whose employer pays for their flight? Or sneer at those able to claim the flight as a legitimate business expense?
Hi

My own prejudice yes - that's what a flyer talker forum is about, right? Sharing your own - sometimes qualified - opinion. Apologies to all if I misunderstood that...

Never stated that I chatter up other pax, but this happened to me quite often times others starting some sort of conversation. I don't know why. I try to be friendly then and listen

And anyone with confirmed seats has a right to be there in Business and First, not discriminating age, race, or who paid how much for whatever revenue fare from I till F. That's my understanding to revenue flying in general and related to booking classes with TG.

Thanks

Regards
Boogey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.