Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New upgrade award on Thai and devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
They should really sack the person who shakes the ROP boat so violently.

First the abrupt and badly planned change in requalification rules. Then another round of abrupt and badly planned change in ticket redemption.

In any case, I am jumping boat already. I am sick of this nonsense and do not trust Thai anymore.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC

TG website is a joke. Chances are this postponement is simply due to unpreparedness of their IT system rather than customer feedbacks. My wild guess, though.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
Originally Posted by anaidross
They should really sack the person who shakes the ROP boat so violently.

First the abrupt and badly planned change in requalification rules. Then another round of abrupt and badly planned change in ticket redemption.

In any case, I am jumping boat already. I am sick of this nonsense and do not trust Thai anymore.
Looking at the three year mileage expiration, along with both the quarterly mileage expiration dates and the proposed (and now retracted) new award chart, it sure looks like THAI was trying to skew the award redemptions toward preventing as much ability to accumulate enough mileage to ever get Business and First Class awards. While they doubled the Business and First award mileages on the new chart, the coach awards went up much less.

Though I'm glad to see THAI respond to their customers, they seemed to acknowledge it with the warning that they're going to try something again in the future. Kind of leaves me wary, distrustful, and skeptical towards ROP/THAI.

So what is your plan about jumping ship? Do you know where you're going yet?

I will be very curious to see if THAI comes through with the Gold Award upgrade again for 2015, since it looks like they're trying to limit front cabin awards.

I can wait until early 2015 to make my decision about whom to jump to from ROP.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:56 pm
hco

Programs: SAS *G

Giving feedback helps! I am amazed and relieved. Guess I am keeping my Citi and Amex ROP cards after all.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: ROP *G
I believe it was so many of us calling and notifying them how absurd their new award chart would be! For that I applaud all of us here on flyertalk for doing something about the absurd change!

United and together we make a difference!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by IBstudent
I heard that Thai postponed the current chart....pleasee change the content of the chart. Hope this will be a good news.
Today edition of Asia Travel said
Tg scraps the plan of ROP changes
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mchamp
United and together we make a difference!
United yes but not United Airlines!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: ROP Gold, Emirates Skywards Gold
Changes to the award charts have been retracted

Good news: there will be no changes to the award chart from 1 Sept 2014. Those that have booked awards in anticipation can change their flight dates without cost:

http://www.thaiairways.com/frequent-...ent-Levels.htm

It seems they have listened to the reactions.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by filidoor
Good news: there will be no changes to the award chart from 1 Sept 2014. Those that have booked awards in anticipation can change their flight dates without cost:
happy to hear that the good news got in the meanwhile also to Belgium!^
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Though its a shame that they seem to have also dropped the idea of one way awards for half the RT mileage...
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum

Sorry I don't understand TG. I would have appreciated the new rule set. I might be rare case but honestly there were too many O and I class flyers on board as always nothing wrong with that under current rule set so happy also this continues, but new rule set would have allowed new standards of service segment discrimination - which is now scrapped until further notice. What a weak move
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by boogey
Sorry I don't understand TG. I would have appreciated the new rule set. I might be rare case but honestly there were too many O and I class flyers on board as always nothing wrong with that under current rule set so happy also this continues, but new rule set would have allowed new standards of service segment discrimination - which is now scrapped until further notice. What a weak move
Those O and I flyers are not TG ROP members in the majority so it would have made no difference
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:42 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I respect your opinion and I'm just curious how you found out on each flight you paid for how many passengers were I or O? Each flight always has limited I and O seats as far as I understand how things work.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum

@Aussie_flyer. Yeah some of them are not ROP you are right

@kiam: random chats and assumption. especially in First class just by chatting around with other pax they share their situation sometimes.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: TG Plat
@Aussie_flyer. Yeah some of them are not ROP you are right

@kiam: random chats and assumption. especially in First class just by chatting around with other pax they share their situation sometimes.
Assumption based on what? Your own prejudices?

First an admission: my F class flights are split approx. 50/50 ROP award/upgrade vs fully paid.

I am in F, I do not chat with a passenger across the aisle. If I did so were he (she) to be so rude as to ask about the status of my ticket I would either tell them to f off or give the answer I felt would most annoy them. Most likely the latter.

The vast majority of my flights are paid out of after tax income so I have to make approx. £8,000 in my business to pay for an F flight LHR-BKK with UK tax rates being what they are. Should I sneer at fellow passengers whose employer pays for their flight? Or sneer at those able to claim the flight as a legitimate business expense?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.