Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Retrofit status on TG's 747s

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by spk
Looks like data glitch on flightradar that caused flight numbers in the last few entries to mix up but it seems TGB is now in for retrofit.
On average how long do these retrofits take with Thai? We are booked to LHR in August and the less chance of landing an old 747 cabin configuration the better.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spk
Looks like data glitch on flightradar that caused flight numbers in the last few entries to mix up but it seems TGB is now in for retrofit.
Thanks. First post is updated.

Originally Posted by albion8844
On average how long do these retrofits take with Thai? We are booked to LHR in August and the less chance of landing an old 747 cabin configuration the better.
It's been variable but it's somewhere between 4-8 weeks. This is a long time, yes, but they do not only do the retrofit, D-checks are also on the menu if I'm not mistaken. Regarding TGB as it was in last year, we presume the check was done then, so hopefully this time it's only the retrofit (a couple of weeks).
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk
Thanks. First post is updated.

It's been variable but it's somewhere between 4-8 weeks. This is a long time, yes, but they do not only do the retrofit, D-checks are also on the menu if I'm not mistaken. Regarding TGB as it was in last year, we presume the check was done then, so hopefully this time it's only the retrofit (a couple of weeks).

What is the difference between 747-400 and 747 All Series Passenger?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Thumbs up Excellent Video

Check out this video which shows the new First Class as well as the other cabins on Tango Golf Yankee (TGY).

Can't wait to fly these in F.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
B747 listing as per Sawasdee in-flight magazine (March 2013):

747 (14 F) - 2 aircraft
744 (10 F) - 4 aircraft
74R (10 F) - 6 aircraft
74N (9 F) - 4 aircraft

What is in line with post #1.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: TG*G , Le Club Platinum
SYD-BKK

Hi guys, are the 747s on this route still using the old recliner seat?
Have a flight early July and if its the old seat, I'll be routing my tix from MEL
Instead.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by rkth90
Hi guys, are the 747s on this route still using the old recliner seat?
Have a flight early July and if its the old seat, I'll be routing my tix from MEL
Instead.
Nope, angled in J
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:26 am

del SYD on TG 472 on 3rd of May. Expertflyer shows a 9 seat config in F. Do you think i might be lucky enough to snare a new config 747?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I flew TG475 last night and it had the angled flat bed in J and the 'regular' F seats.... Not sure how we refer to those but basically the individual seating pattern that isn't made up of suites.

The flight its self was good but we pushed back an hour late as it took baggage handling forever to offload the luggage of a couple of no shows.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by newshound
I flew TG475 last night and it had the angled flat bed in J and the 'regular' F seats.... Not sure how we refer to those but basically the individual seating pattern that isn't made up of suites.

The flight its self was good but we pushed back an hour late as it took baggage handling forever to offload the luggage of a couple of no shows.
Sounds like the 10F configuration. Not the newest F, but the last generation.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:26 am

Hi All
I realise marketing blurb and reality are not necessarily the same thing, but I just noticed this on the Thai website under a whats new item;

"Since April 2011 to March 2012, THAI retrofitted the first six Boeing 747-400 aircraft with new economy class seats and installed individual entertainment screens. A further six aircraft will be refurbish by the second quarter of 2013. These last 6 aircraft will feature:

Royal First Class – 9 fully flat seats with a 23 inch personal entertainment screen

Royal Silk Class – 40 seats with a recline of 170 degrees and a 15.4 inch personal entertainment screen.

Economy Class – 325 seat configuration retrofitted for 34 inch pitch, a 10.6 inch personal entertainment screen and telecommunication equipment for mobile phone use.
"

Am booked in first late June 2013 Syd>Bangkok>HKG then HKG>BKK>Syd on 01/07, so am hoping this means the worst I'll get is the 10F and I have a chance of a 9F somewhere!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:26 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Stueyjones
Hi All
I realise marketing blurb and reality are not necessarily the same thing, but I just noticed this on the Thai website under a whats new item;

"Since April 2011 to March 2012, THAI retrofitted the first six Boeing 747-400 aircraft with new economy class seats and installed individual entertainment screens. A further six aircraft will be refurbish by the second quarter of 2013. These last 6 aircraft will feature:

Royal First Class – 9 fully flat seats with a 23 inch personal entertainment screen

Royal Silk Class – 40 seats with a recline of 170 degrees and a 15.4 inch personal entertainment screen.

Economy Class – 325 seat configuration retrofitted for 34 inch pitch, a 10.6 inch personal entertainment screen and telecommunication equipment for mobile phone use.
"

Am booked in first late June 2013 Syd>Bangkok>HKG then HKG>BKK>Syd on 01/07, so am hoping this means the worst I'll get is the 10F and I have a chance of a 9F somewhere!
Sounds right to me

im flying out on May 3 and expert flyer shows the 9 seat config F for that flight so i have my fingers crossed.

Keep on eye on the link below which is for tRavel agents and updates what planes are used on SYD-BKK.

http://www.thaiairways.com.au/thai_l...%20Only&id=309
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:46 am

when six are done route consistency may improve

So assuming the 6th is done by say June it looks like (apart from last minute equipment swaps) one has to fly

BKK-LHR
BKK-NRT
BKK-HND
BKK-KIX

Then adding in some random domestic trips to fill in the day this looks to be about it. Now I know some will rightly argue this is Thai, but they do seem to be doing okay sending the A380 to where it is supposed to go, so perhaps they have turned a corner and aircraft swaps will be a thing of the past
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
No refurbished birds to down under?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:36 am

We never get any love...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.