Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Retrofit status on TG's 747s

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Noppasit
There was also a website that show the 18F/60C (the one with row 27) 7441. This is ridiculously outdated.
those were retrofitted a couple of years ago or switched to Cargo
remember we had once quite a party in F on a HKG BKK flight in F and we finished all DOM before landing
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Noppasit
There was also a website that show the 18F/60C (the one with row 27) 7441. This is ridiculously outdated.
The 7441s were ridiculously outdated when introduced!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:40 pm

Anyone now the current status of the F cabins on BKK-SYD route? Seems to be double jeopardy which cabin you will get! Flying out on Tue 4th.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by voyagerforever
Anyone now the current status of the F cabins on BKK-SYD route? Seems to be double jeopardy which cabin you will get! Flying out on Tue 4th.
According to Flightradar TG471 (day flight) and TG475 (night flight) ALL suites the last couple of days
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
According to Flightradar TG471 (day flight) and TG475 (night flight) ALL suites the last couple of days
Much obliged! That would certainly make my day, getting to try the new suites right after their A380 semi suites. Fingers (and toes) crossed
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:53 pm

Much obliged! That would certainly make my day, getting to try the new suites right after their A380 semi suites. Fingers (and toes) crossed
A380 suites I found better then the ones on 747. let me know your opinion
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Agree. Wider bed, bigger lavatory, expresso machine ðŸ˜.

Last edited by kinchai; Aug 3, 2015 at 2:07 pm
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:31 pm

All right, landed in Sydney and inbound travels are done. Had the privilege of receiving the new suites on the B747 BKK-SYD. Comparing to the semi suite on the A380 is a tough call as both offer their advantages. Person all I find the 747 suites more elegant with their wooden panels and dark fabrics. Seat cushion was rather firm but I slept a whole 6h in it like a baby! Basically same offer of storage on both cabins. 747 does not offer AVOD before take off though, perhaps not the biggest issue when champagne sipping takes ones time.

Greatest difference though, and this is what really puts 747's suites as a winner to me is size. Only 9 suites compared to 12 in A380. Had full cabin CDG-BKK and service wasn't pretty if talking First. Thai service is always elegant but they struggled. Also I felt a difference in attitude to Thai and foreign passengers.

Second, as noted on FT before, staff on BKK-SYD route are probably some of the most elegant and best kept on TG. Rather like being in a James Bond movie. Old CC but so detailed and flawless and elegant in every move.

Third 747 has its beautiful beverage buffet set up mid cabin and gives an elegant feel to the service. The suites are a tad larger then A380 and travelling as a pair it was light years easier dining together in the suite due to space and the size of the dining table.

Last the suites offer a bit more privacy then on A380, while there are no closing doors, sleeping is still more private.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:06 pm

interesting opinion voyageforever! I actually even agree with you that regarding elegance, design, wooden panels and dark fabric, 747 wins. However regarding size of the suite, functionality of the seat, storage space, size of the screen, functionality of the AVOD A380 beats 747. In addition the suites on 747 are more cramped into the cabin and the isle between the suites very tight
AVOD during start: this depends on the crew. I was this Tuesday in the 747 suite (as a J passenger) and AVOD was available just after the safety movie before start
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:06 pm

interesting opinion voyageforever! I actually even agree with you that regarding elegance, design, wooden panels and dark fabric, 747 wins. However regarding size of the suite, functionality of the seat, storage space, size of the screen, functionality of the AVOD A380 beats 747. In addition the suites on 747 are more cramped into the cabin and the isle between the suites very tight
AVOD during start: this depends on the crew. I was this Tuesday in the 747 suite (as a J passenger) and AVOD was available just after the safety movie before start
True, i think in numbers the 747 F cabin is to tighter isn't it, but by the living eye I felt it created a more hospitable space as mentioned one part of that was the true ability of dining together rather than on A380 where it was like playing with Lego

The cabin feels a bit more intimate and also cramped with all the suites, but I guess that is to do with being in the nose of a B747 rather then the A380. Guess its a personal thing, that feeling of a 20-30 year old 747 bird's charm with its noise and all, meeting the 21st century interior

Give me the crew of the BKK-SYD on the A380 and Thai can even compete with LH and SQ 😃
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:16 pm

Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:39 am

Give me the crew of the BKK-SYD on the A380 and Thai can even compete with LH and SQ ��
with LH any TG crew can compete!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:05 am

with LH any TG crew can compete!
Gotta love that German efficiency!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:17 am

Gotta love that German efficiency!
yes they are efficient in pissing off customers!^
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:59 pm

yes they are efficient in pissing off customers!^
You haven't obviously flown on our Scandinavian airlines SAS. Prime carrier in customer piss off satisfaction. 😊 Luftwaffe are angels in comparison!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.