Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Are they restricting pre take off champagne on regional flights ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are they restricting pre take off champagne on regional flights ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
If TG want to be cheap in J ex SIN that’s up to them & for pax to vote with their tickets, telling Lies to hide their stinginess is unacceptable......... at least to me
a lie?
well if they don't pay the tax, it is illegal for them to serve...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by BinSabai
a lie?
well if they don't pay the tax, it is illegal for them to serve...
A lie yes, because the flight Manager had been told to tell pax that it was contrary to Singapore law to serve alcohol on the ground which is patently untrue.

CX, SQ, LX & LH have no problem serving Alcoholic PDB in J or F
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:38 am

A lie yes, because the flight Manager had been told to tell pax that it was contrary to Singapore law to serve alcohol on the ground which is patently untrue.

i had asked several times and was never told clearly that it is not compliant with Singapore law. The answers were usual ambiguous, which is typical for TG and for Thai culture, And to maintain that it is a intentional lie is a typical western pattern...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i had asked several times and was never told clearly that it is not compliant with Singapore law. The answers were usual ambiguous, which is typical for TG and for Thai culture, And to maintain that it is a intentional lie is a typical western pattern...
I am reporting what the flight manager told me.
it is not true that alcohol cannot be served on the ground at SIN.
not true in my book = Lie, especially when there is intent.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:10 pm

In the future, take the CX fifth freedom flight from Sin-Bkk. Nice new Cathay lounge, new terminal, they pay for PDB and normally they are cheaper than TG.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riced
In the future, take the CX fifth freedom flight from Sin-Bkk. Nice new Cathay lounge, new terminal, they pay for PDB and normally they are cheaper than TG.
Yes, thanks I know used that a lot but this time the schedule would not work
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: MPCGO
TG 621 MNL-BKK last week.

Requested for champagne as PDB, but was given some lame "airport regulations" don't allow them to - I fly CX and SQ in J ex MNL and I know that this is patently false as they serve champagne as PDB out of MNL.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by mbamejia

Requested for champagne as PDB, but was given some lame "airport regulations" don't allow them to - I fly CX and SQ in J ex MNL and I know that this is patently false as they serve champagne as PDB out of MNL.
lazy crew, not tax issue like in Sillypore...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by mbamejia
Same experience ex-MNL last week, I was told that champagne would be served "after the doors close", i.e. after take off

3/4 ain't bad tho'
KUL-BKK (quite surprised as I've been told once before that they are not allowed to serve alcohol at KUL because it is a Muslim country .. errmmm, right)
BKK-MNL
MNLBKK (X)
BKK-KUL

lazy crew, not tax issue like in Sillypore...
Lazy crew - I'm not sure about that. They worked pretty hard on all the flights. I think it is a customs & tax/duty issue.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76
Same experience ex-MNL last week, I was told that champagne would be served "after the doors close", i.e. after take off
3/4 ain't bad tho'
KUL-BKK (quite surprised as I've been told once before that they are not allowed to serve alcohol at KUL because it is a Muslim country .. errmmm, right)
BKK-MNL
MNLBKK (X)
BKK-KUL
Lazy crew - I'm not sure about that. They worked pretty hard on all the flights. I think it is a customs & tax/duty issue.
lame excuses are quite regular...like the ........ you got told that they are not allowed to serve in KUL because it is a Muslim country...
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I mentioned in another thread that champagne was 'not allowed' to be served ex ICN. But exTPE (same flight number, same crew) it was allowed (and proactively offered).
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I mentioned in another thread that champagne was 'not allowed' to be served ex ICN. But exTPE (same flight number, same crew) it was allowed (and proactively offered).
because the bottle was already open from the first leg?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

because the bottle was already open from the first leg?
Oh yes, maybe! If they didn't seal the bar carts before landing in TPE I guess (so essentially duty free in transit). They certainly opened multiple new bottles to complete the pre-departure drink service (cork popping in the galley). And they opened the rose champagne for me when I asked. Guess it must be the carts were already open.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Oh yes, maybe! If they didn't seal the bar carts before landing in TPE I guess (so essentially duty free in transit). They certainly opened multiple new bottles to complete the pre-departure drink service (cork popping in the galley). And they opened the rose champagne for me when I asked. Guess it must be the carts were already open.
and how did you like the Rosé Champagne?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and how did you like the Rosé Champagne?
I actually quite liked it - for what it was in the price range. And i’m not a huge fan of VC non vintage.
SKT-DK and BinSabai like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.