Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Are they restricting pre take off champagne on regional flights ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are they restricting pre take off champagne on regional flights ?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 7:48 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Glad my return flights are on SQ to be honest.....
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I've been noticing it too but find it to be time of day-based. Evening departures get it even on short hauls like SGN, but the rest of the day champagne is only offered on long husk departures. I know this conflicts with what had been noted earlier but I hope resurrecting this can result in some more concrete information.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Not at all!

Flying in F from BKK to HKG and return last month I couldn´t bellieve that they served Dom on both legs, thus a couple of days apart, one trip in 747 the other one in 380. I wasn´t quite settled the bottle came to my face and I was "forced" a glass .

F.R.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
Not at all!

Flying in F from BKK to HKG and return last month I couldn´t bellieve that they served Dom on both legs, thus a couple of days apart, one trip in 747 the other one in 380. I wasn´t quite settled the bottle came to my face and I was "forced" a glass .

F.R.
Have a segment from NRT this afternoon and I look forward to the torture.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Have a segment from NRT this afternoon and I look forward to the torture.
Haha! I look forward to it too, bring on December holidays!

Another quick Q: I remember reading a few years back that they only load 1 or 2 bottles of Dom? Is that true - I get real thirsty when I fly! ^

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Haha! I look forward to it too, bring on December holidays!

Another quick Q: I remember reading a few years back that they only load 1 or 2 bottles of Dom? Is that true - I get real thirsty when I fly! ^

Cheers,

They were liberally pouring yesteday afternoon leaving NRT but then I fell asleep for an hour and turned to Vodka/Soda for the remainder of the flight.

BTW: This is my 10,000th post.

BTW2: Nice flight with a good female and male FA but the flight director was a pompous jacka$$ who came around toward the end of the flight pretending to care about the pax and acting in such an obvious pandering style it was sickening.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:13 pm

They were liberally pouring yesteday afternoon leaving NRT but then I fell asleep for an hour and turned to Vodka/Soda for the remainder of the flight.

BTW: This is my 10,000th post.

BTW2: Nice flight with a good female and male FA but the flight director was a pompous jacka$$ who came around toward the end of the flight pretending to care about the pax and acting in such an obvious pandering style it was sickening.
Congrats on 10K posts!

I am also flying this route in F on the A380 (just a little excited) and pleased the Dom was flowing well!

What was the food service like - the quality ex-NRT is generally fabulous. Whenever we fly LH in F from NRT, the food is great - am hoping TG is the same?

Finally, do you thinks it's worthwhile pre-ordering, or were the choices onboard the better option? I hope they have a Japanese offering?

Cheers,

Old Oct 20, 2013, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Congrats on 10K posts!

I am also flying this route in F on the A380 (just a little excited) and pleased the Dom was flowing well!

What was the food service like - the quality ex-NRT is generally fabulous. Whenever we fly LH in F from NRT, the food is great - am hoping TG is the same?

Finally, do you thinks it's worthwhile pre-ordering, or were the choices onboard the better option? I hope they have a Japanese offering?

Cheers,

There was a fish dish, a green curry and another option which I don't remember at this time. I fell asleep after a few bites of my curry as 3 hours of sleep in the prior 40 hit me hard. The service was quite good mostly (the female FA understood my pique at not being able to taste alcohol in my cocktail and each refill was very nice thereafter).

I'm not a big fan of TG's food overall and after a few LH F longhauls and a quick OZ F segment I wasn't overly enthused about TG's offerings.

We were at 9/12 in the F cabin which was nicer than our previous experiences to HKG where we had 12/12 and 10/12.

The AVOD is quite vast but I felt like I was on UA with all the announcements (in Thai, Japanese and English)! I think the final 30 of flight had 10 minutes of announcements...
Old Oct 20, 2013, 3:36 am

There was a fish dish, a green curry and another option which I don't remember at this time. I fell asleep after a few bites of my curry as 3 hours of sleep in the prior 40 hit me hard. The service was quite good mostly (the female FA understood my pique at not being able to taste alcohol in my cocktail and each refill was very nice thereafter).

I'm not a big fan of TG's food overall and after a few LH F longhauls and a quick OZ F segment I wasn't overly enthused about TG's offerings.

We were at 9/12 in the F cabin which was nicer than our previous experiences to HKG where we had 12/12 and 10/12.

The AVOD is quite vast but I felt like I was on UA with all the announcements (in Thai, Japanese and English)! I think the final 30 of flight had 10 minutes of announcements...
Great! ^

How was your HKG->BKK flight? I am actually doing HKG-BKK in Dec, hope to do NRT-BKK later next year for holidays...

Food service, OK?

Cheers,

Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
I'm also flying first HKG-BKK on A380 in January , hope the Dom is flowing freely then , it's very thirsty work flying first
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by jasensteve
I'm also flying first HKG-BKK on A380 in January , hope the Dom is flowing freely then , it's very thirsty work flying first
Indeed - one must keep up their fluids whilst in-flight!

Cheers,

Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Not flown TG J in quite a while.

Did SIN-BKK the other evening no alcohol for PDB because it’s ‘not legal ex SIN ‘ told the Flight Manager that’s simply not true & asked her to file that as a complaint.

What a cheap airline, they won’t pay the tax...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by chris63

Did SIN-BKK the other evening no alcohol for PDB because it’s ‘not legal ex SIN ‘ told the Flight Manager that’s simply not true & asked her to file that as a complaint.

Sad, but true....
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63

it's for many years that TG does not serve preflight alcohol in SIN...
same as for CDG, but there you get inofficially, at least in F...
all other destinations I know, they do serve
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by BinSabai
it's for many years that TG does not serve preflight alcohol in SIN...
same as for CDG, but there you get inofficially, at least in F...
all other destinations I know, they do serve
If TG want to be cheap in J ex SIN that’s up to them & for pax to vote with their tickets, telling Lies to hide their stinginess is unacceptable......... at least to me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.