Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Are they restricting pre take off champagne on regional flights ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are they restricting pre take off champagne on regional flights ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:17 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by BF263533
I flew Emirates in 2009 to Dubai and they told me they were not permitted to serve champagne pre-flight.

I flew Thai in first class from HKT-BKK and they served no alcholic drinks.
There is no F service to HKT - just J - although on a 3 class a/c it is possible to be seated in F but with J service. Still no booze though....
Old Feb 10, 2011, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I was told that champers can only be served after take off last month on departure from BKK to AKL and also from DEL to BKK
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by lallyr
I was told that champers can only be served after take off last month on departure from BKK to AKL and also from DEL to BKK
On SQ exMAA and exBOM (in F) I have also been told no PDB, so this might actually be legit.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
On SQ exMAA and exBOM (in F) I have also been told no PDB, so this might actually be legit.
To complicate things a little more I got served Champers on SQ F ex DEL a few months back.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: IHG, BA
Was on TG404 SIN-BKK and no champers as PDB. Only OJ or water.

Very poor I think. Even more so after I flew TG from NRT-BKK and they had Dom in F. They wouldn't stop serving it to me! Awesome service.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
Was on TG404 SIN-BKK and no champers as PDB. Only OJ or water.

Very poor I think. Even more so after I flew TG from NRT-BKK and they had Dom in F. They wouldn't stop serving it to me! Awesome service.
Dom in F on NRT-BKK ? Was it not Bollinger ?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: IHG, BA
Originally Posted by pansted00
Dom in F on NRT-BKK ? Was it not Bollinger ?
Yes! Dom! First time I have seen it on that route. They were serving it to me up until about 5 mins to landing.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
Pre-departure Champagne served in BKK-MNL v.v.

Am flying another regional sector, BKK-MNL v.v., in C a few times per month, and I don't recall any flight wherein pre-departure Champagne was not served.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
Yes! Dom! First time I have seen it on that route. They were serving it to me up until about 5 mins to landing.
That's great news . Although Bollinger La Grande Annee is a very good Champagne, I am a sucker for Dom Perignon .
Old May 25, 2011, 7:04 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
No champagne served pre-take off from DXB last night. I specificall requested it instead of their soft drinks offering. Crew said champagne was not served ex-DXB because of "cultural reasons". Total B.S. Nobody told EK that then, now did they?
Old May 26, 2011, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoY
No champagne served pre-take off from DXB last night. I specificall requested it instead of their soft drinks offering. Crew said champagne was not served ex-DXB because of "cultural reasons". Total B.S. Nobody told EK that then, now did they?
Slightly different but I was told that they don't serve pre take off at LHR too. Why is that?
Old May 26, 2011, 4:11 am
NoY

Originally Posted by lallyr
Slightly different but I was told that they don't serve pre take off at LHR too. Why is that?
Why? Cost cutting of course. In fact the two flights I have taken on TG J in the last 24 hours have been dreadful in terms of catering. No cheese course ex-DXB, poor mains.....it all felt cheap. Not happy.
Old May 26, 2011, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoY
Why? Cost cutting of course. In fact the two flights I have taken on TG J in the last 24 hours have been dreadful in terms of catering. No cheese course ex-DXB, poor mains.....it all felt cheap. Not happy.
Why not on other routes then? Got served ex DPS & BKK last month. Was in First on that one though.
Old May 26, 2011, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Recently no problem too and from PNH, but with Heidsick Brut. BKK-HKG v.v PDB with Dom in F.
Old May 26, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by NoY
starter ex-BKK to ZRH the other month: 1 prawn. yes... ONE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.