Reload this Page >

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

IAH / George Bush Intercontinental Connections Information and Times
Domestic and International (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JakiChan
For some reason THY didn't give me the boarding pass for the IAH-SFO leg of my flight. They say I'll get it at IAH. Can someone tell me how that works? Will I have to exit security? Where is the "arrivals desk" they are sure exists?
You have to clear US immigration at IAH. Then you go collect your bag (s), if any. Re-check/drop-off with onward carrier (in this case, UA?). And head to your next flight and re-clear security.
There are many airline desks in that main baggage/arrivals hall. You can easily get your BP there.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:52 am

1) The website for IAH said that you have to have a boarding pass to drop your bag off. Is that not true?

2) Do we have to go all the way out to departures as if we were not transiting?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:07 am
Suspended

1) The website for IAH said that you have to have a boarding pass to drop your bag off. Is that not true?

2) Do we have to go all the way out to departures as if we were not transiting?
If your bag is already tagged through to your final destination, you don't need a BP. Just tell the baggage person you are going to get it.
Follow the signs for connecting flights/transit ... once you enter the US, you become a domestic passenger and you have to re-screened, and many times change terminals, like everyone else.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:37 am

Yeah I wouldn't call that "transit" if you have to be rescreened. Basically you walk all the way put of the airport and walk back in. It seems the same as two completely unrelated trips. Hopefully 3 hours is enough but I'm not hopeful.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:41 am
Suspended

Yeah I wouldn't call that "transit" if you have to be rescreened. Basically you walk all the way put of the airport and walk back in. It seems the same as two completely unrelated trips. Hopefully 3 hours is enough but I'm not hopeful.
It seems you have a basic misunderstanding of US airports.
US airports with international arrivals don't operate in the same way as other international gateways, where you can make a transit without "entering the country".
Three hours should be plenty fine.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:15 am

No, I understand, it just seems lame. I've done this a few times before (LHR-ORD-SFO being a frequent route) and I've never had to get my connecting boarding pass at the connecting airport before. I don't even know if I'm considered checked in or if the system will even give me a boarding pass. (Plenty of times it won't without the intervention of a human with none to be found). I mean basically I'm checking in like I just drove to the airport, except I've already dropped off my bag. I've never had a bag checked without having a boarding pass. It seems a recipient for fail. Especially since I will assume DHS is understaffing due to the shutdown.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:16 am

For example, when arriving in IAH on the way put I did not have to be rescreened. That's why I say it isn't transit. They make you fully arrive, basically kick you out of the airport and make you re-enter.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:01 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
a BP should have been issued in IST by Turkish. if your complete trip is on one ticket. I've flown TK before, BEY-IST-ORD-SNA and BPs for everything is issued at BEY.

As it has been mentioned you will be able to get ur boarding pass, after you land. just make sure you hand ur bags as soon as you pass customs. there will be signs, follow them and u would have walked 50 feet max before handing over ur bags. there will be personnel available from the airline ur taking and they will be able to assist you with a BP.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
I have had very spotty results with getting partner BP's on UA, and UA BP's on partners. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. It is an IT problem, for sure. No surprise there.

On my last trip to JNB with my wife I was able to get all my BP's at IAH for SA connections, but my wife could not. I tried online, which worked fine for me, and then tried CS in the UC who had no idea how to issue a partner BP.

The directions above are correct, but did you try to do the BP's online, either with the partner or UA? On our way back we both got UA BP's from SA. Go figure.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Connection in Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)

Can anyone please explain how easy this IAH connection is?
I am not sure what the land/take off terminals are.
I would need to know if there is any possibility of staying airside during this connection
The details are:

First leg:

Flight: UA4331, Operated by ExpressJet

Depart:7:30 a.m.Wed., Dec. 18, 2013,Toronto, ON Canada(YYZ)
Arrive:10:08 a.m.,Wed., Dec. 18, 2013,Houston, TX (IAH -Intercontinental)

Change Planes.
Connect time in Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental) is 1 hr 22 mn.

Second leg:

Flight: UA1491
Depart:11:30 a.m.Wed., Dec. 18, 2013,Houston, TX (IAH -Intercontinental)
Arrive:2:15 p.m.Wed., Dec. 18, 2013,Puerto Vallarta, Mexico(PVR)

Thank you
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
That connection is easy. You'll preclear at YYZ so all you have to do at IAH is board the inter-terminal train. It's effectively a domestic->international connections and at IAH those are airside and easy.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by txflyer77
That connection is easy. You'll preclear at YYZ so all you have to do at IAH is board the inter-terminal train. It's effectively a domestic->international connections and at IAH those are airside and easy.
Thank you for the quick answer.
Is there an airside train/bus I have to look for? Or just walk from one terminal to the other?

Originally Posted by ticu
Thank you for the quick answer.
Is there an airside train/bus I have to look for? Or just walk from one terminal to the other?
Sorry, I haven't seen you mentioned the "inter-terminal" train in your post! Just hope it's airside.

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 15, 2013 at 2:38 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Connecting in Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)

Yes it's airside. No need to go back through security
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by wrp96
Yes it's airside. No need to go back through security
Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond
The TerminalLink is above ground and inside security. The train below ground (can't remember name) is outside of security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.