FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas-695/)
-   -   IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas/792942-iah-houston-bush-intercontinental-flight-connections.html)

tonywestsider Feb 21, 2008 1:38 am

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

My Travel Agent has booked me on two CO flights, with a 42 minute connection time at IAH. The first flight arrives at 7:58 pm at Terminal C. My connecting flight departs at 8:40 pm at Terminal B. Supposedly, this connection time occurs after the peak hour is over. Am I going to make this connection without running between terminals, provided my first flight arrives on schedule?

Do I have to go through Terminal B security or is there an airside connection between these two terminals that is past security screening?

bkramt1 Feb 21, 2008 8:59 am

Airport map link at IAH. There are 2 ways to go from C to B; the above ground tram (TerminaLink) and a bus - depending on specific gates. Both are reasonably quick and painless, but inbound delays do occur.
Both connections are inside of security, so no worries there.
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../maps/iah.aspx

SAT Lawyer Feb 21, 2008 9:25 am

You'll make the connection without much trouble if your flights are on time. If you post the flights at issue, I'm sure some helpful FlyerTalkers can help arm you with a contingency plan if something goes awry. For future reference, this thread would have found a better audience in the CO forum.

tonywestsider Feb 22, 2008 1:07 am

Thank you, bkramt 1 and SAT Lawyer for the advice. If there is a glitch that departure day, I will post on the CO forum.

Much appreciated. Thanks once again.

OPFlyer Feb 22, 2008 7:02 pm

I would be a little concerned. Flights towards the evening usually have delays from the previous hours. Additionally, you are changing terminals which can take awhile. Be sure to take the TerminaLink and not the bus.

robyng Feb 26, 2008 5:39 pm

I connect through IAH a fair amount on CO. I usually allow at least an hour. Good chance you will make it with a 40 minute connecting time - but just make sure there's another flight later in the day if you miss your connection. Or that you won't be too upset if the flight is the last flight of the day and you miss it. Robyn

rp402 Jul 1, 2009 1:19 pm

IAH International - Domestic connection?

I was wondering if anyone could attest how good or bad the international - domestic connection is at IAH.
Coming in with SQ62, connecting to DEN with United or Frontier. Thanks.

FlyingHoustonian Jul 1, 2009 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by rp402 (Post 11998559)
I was wondering if anyone could attest how good or bad the international - domestic connection is at IAH.
Coming in with SQ62, connecting to DEN with United or Frontier. Thanks.

Well you will connect to opposite ends of the airport. You will come out of customs between terminals E/D. There is an underground tram (before security, which for you won't matter since you have to reclear TSA after an int'l flight anyway) that will take you to the other end, Terminal A South, where both United and Frontier fly from. It is a simple ride and will take about 15-20 by the tram.

www.fly2houston.com has a map (click on IAH airport)

Ciao,
FH

JOUY31 Jul 1, 2009 3:24 pm

Please continue to follow this thread as it is being moved to its natural home in FlyerTalk, the United States -> South forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator

rp402 Jul 2, 2009 3:40 pm

Thanks. I didn't realize it was a new airport, so maybe it's not bad at all.

FlyingHoustonian Jul 3, 2009 10:04 am

Originally Posted by rp402 (Post 12005416)
Thanks. I didn't realize it was a new airport, so maybe it's not bad at all.

It is not new, it is celebrating its 40th anny this year, but the FIS federal inspection station and terminal E is new (and quite nice) Terminal A was just rebuilt as well. All the stuff inbetween (B C and D) is old :D

Good Luck

Ciao,
FH

msptraveler Jul 6, 2009 1:54 pm

IAH connection help please!

Hi. I will be flying MSP->IAH-> MGA this Sat with only 50 min connection time. Can someone please advise the quickest way to get from terminal A to E at IAH. I believe my bags are checked through so I don't have to recheck.
Thanks!

FlyingHoustonian Jul 6, 2009 4:10 pm

Are you flying on Continental the entire way?

If so to stay behind security the whole transfer, you take a bus from terminal A to B, then take the elevated train to C or E depending on which terminal your flight departs from.

There is a seperate underground train between all terminals and the hotel, but it is before security.

50 minutes is tight, but if everything is on time you should make it okay.

Ciao,
FH

Ocn Vw 1K Jul 6, 2009 5:40 pm

msptraveler, welcoem to FlyerTalk! I'll move this thread to our Travel->South forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

TMOliver Jul 7, 2009 8:37 am

50 minutes will be close, perhaps too close if your ARR is delayed at all.

Shuttle bus from A (every few minutes) to the horror show at CO's B lower level multi-gate ground floor warehouse, up the escalator and a brief walk to the elevated shuttle train to E.

I don't like the odds.