Reload this Page >

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

IAH / George Bush Intercontinental Connections Information and Times
Domestic and International (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2013, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Exclamation Int'l connection Update

Int'l connection Update:

Flew in from SJU, and due to strong headwinds we got in over half hour late, so connecting flight was already closed.

Luckily IAH-DFW has plenty of flights, even on Saturday, so went standby on ERJ 145 from 84X in Term B.

While wating at the gate to see if I will clear as #2 on the list GA comments that it looks like there will be plenty of misconnects from int'l flights.

Just as GA was offloading pax from Santa Lucia they arrived, and said they've been at the airport for TWO hours

Plenty of others from MNG flight didn't make it, so I along with four or five others on u/g list all made it.

This was the 1:20 p.m. flight yesterday (May 4, 2013).

EmailKid
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:45 am

My upcoming connection at IAH has me worried.

I will have an incoming flight from CUN and ongoing to FRA. Carriers are UA and LH and since my LH flight is already ticketed I would need a seperate UA-tix. Connecting time would be 1.5 hours. MCT is 1.15 according to EF.

How likely am I to have a problem? I have checked luggage.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Frederik123
Connecting time would be 1.5 hours. MCT is 1.15 according to EF.

How likely am I to have a problem? I have checked luggage.
You do not mention which passport you will use - that makes a difference.

I personally would not risk it.

EmailKid
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:57 pm

Thx for the feedback. Carry an US Passport.
I assume that I need an additional sec check @ IAH? Never had a connection intl-IAH-intl.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:01 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by Frederik123
Thx for the feedback. Carry an US Passport.
I assume that I need an additional sec check @ IAH? Never had a connection intl-IAH-intl.
For same ticket airline int'l to int'l connections at IAH you can use the fast track lane which lets you skip the second line at Customs saving a little time. IIRC it is the only airport at the US with this or one of the first. But...Since you are on seperate tickets you will have to do the baggage recheck before you re-enter security.

AFAIK For all int'l to int'l connections in the US you have to reclear security.
THere is a dedicated security re-clear section for int'l transfers at IAH after you exit customs.

Without Global Entry it will be very tight IMO. Not impossible, (and without sequestration cuts easier) but if everything is on time doable..., but don't stop to pee.

Good luck.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:46 am

International to domestic connection at IAH

Considering an international biz class flight for late January GRU to IAH, which would connect to domestic first class flight to SFO, both on United. Only option I could find booking online is an arrival at IAH at 5:45 a.m. and departure at 7:30 a.m. Much tighter than I'd usually accept, but when I phoned UA see if I could get another option with more connection time, the price quoted was over twice as high. I realize UA would normally put me on the next flight with available seats, and there is a flight at 9 a.m. (does not appear as an optin for me when booking, however), but have to hope it has available seats.

Other option would be to fly through ORD. Longer layover time, but flying through Chicago in mid-winter worries me (many years ago spent most of Xmas Eve at O'Hare Airport waiting for a connection going from Washington, DC to L.A.; all flights were grounded by a storm).

We would stay near SFO for one night, and then fly on to Kauai. We could fly straight-through (via LAX), for about the same price, but my wife said she'd prefer to spend a night along the way if possible.

Which option would you take: IAH or ORD? Prices are within $30 of each other.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by SoCal
Which option would you take: IAH or ORD? Prices are within $30 of each other.
I'd take Chicago, but only because I go out of my way to get extra miles. That would be quite a few miles for $30, but not everyone likes to spend extra time in an aircraft Of course it's much more comfortable up front

That said, 1:45 should be OK to connect at IAH, I would not worry about that.

Another thing, there's a Same Day Change thread over at United forum (hint, hint), and once you are within 24 hours of the NEXT IAH-SFO flight you may be able to do SDC online or by calling UA (Skype is your friend).

And I have a hunch this thread will be merged with existing IAH connections thread @:-)

EmailKid
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: UA
Never connected through IAH, flying EWR-IAH-SMF. UA just changed my connection time to 44 mins in IAH.

Will I be arriving from EWR and departing to SMF different terminals? If so, can I make the connection assuming my arrival is on time?

Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:18 am

Both EWR and SMF are mainline, so arrive/depart Term C or E which are connected.

Even though you need to be at gate 15 minutes before pushback, half hour (OK, need to deplane, which could be as much as 10 minutes from the back) will allow easy walk from gate to gate. IAH is one of the easiest airports to get around.

EmailKid
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: QFF
To the great white north

Hi folks, could I get connection advice?
Flying New Orleans to Toronto via IAH on United Airlines (and an Australian passport).
Is it doable with 50 minutes?
Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:22 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by ganga
Hi folks, could I get connection advice?
Flying New Orleans to Toronto via IAH on United Airlines (and an Australian passport).
Is it doable with 50 minutes?
Cheers.
Should be ok if everything is on time.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: QFF
Thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 10:27 pm

Thoughts on 1:17 international transfer time at 11:30 am on a Wed with Immigration?

Arriving from Mexico shorthaul, then headed across the pond
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by EsEmEl
Thoughts on 1:17 international transfer time at 11:30 am on a Wed with Immigration?

Arriving from Mexico shorthaul, then headed across the pond
That's cutting it rather short

Personally I'd try for earlier flight @:-)

EmailKid
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:45 am

IAH - Where to get my domestic boarding pass when coming in from international?

For some reason THY didn't give me the boarding pass for the IAH-SFO leg of my flight. They say I'll get it at IAH. Can someone tell me how that works? Will I have to exit security? Where is the "arrivals desk" they are sure exists?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.