Reload this Page >

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

IAH / George Bush Intercontinental Connections Information and Times
Domestic and International (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA,SPG,Carlson,Hertz
IAH Houston- international connecting time - 2 hrs enough ??

What is GE? I know it's not general education requirements for BA degree.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by deltheking
I will be returning to Houston IAH this month from an international flight and will be connecting domestically on United. The international flight arrives at 2.30pm and the connecting United is at 4.30 pm.

So, is 2 hrs enough at IAH airport to clear customs and then board a domestic flight ?
Generally so. I'd be comfortable with that connection time, even more so if the 4:30 p.m. flight is not the last one of the day to your ultimate destination.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:13 am

Smile

Originally Posted by FlyingDiver
Not necessarily a good assumption. Last time I did an international arrival at IAH (from Bonaire), there were the same number of agents handling the US citizen line as the non-citizen line, and the ratio of people in the lines was about 3 to 1. The citizen line was taking a lot longer.

That's when we decided to get GE cards...

joe
I looked up info on GE. Had no idea what it was . Now I know. It's the Global Entry Card. So, a few queries :

1. For a US citizen , typically how long does it take to get the card after applying ?

2. Does it really help to clear immigration/customs much faster ?

Thanks !
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM, *G, Global Entry
Do a forum search on "Global Entry". There are several discussions on how long the processing takes. I think it's generally under 30 days, depending on the background check, and how long a wait for the interview at your preferred office.

Yes, can be much faster, especially if there's already a line when you get to immigration.

joe
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:11 am

Smile

Originally Posted by FlyingDiver
Do a forum search on "Global Entry". There are several discussions on how long the processing takes. I think it's generally under 30 days, depending on the background check, and how long a wait for the interview at your preferred office.

Yes, can be much faster, especially if there's already a line when you get to immigration.

joe
Thanks. Will do !
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:25 pm

On my trip through America later this year I am going from Miami to Cancun, Mexico for a week and then coming back to the US to go to San Francisco. My gets into IAH at 4:11pm and my connector is at 5:45pm. Do I clear customs in Mexico or at IAH and will I have enough time to make my connector?

Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by TheStinger
Do I clear customs in Mexico or at IAH and will I have enough time to make my connector?
Clear customs at IAH, and if you have a "Western" passport you should be OK.

You will clear in Term E, and flights to SFO leave either Term E or C which are connected, so you should be OK.

EmailKid
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Clear customs at IAH, and if you have a "Western" passport you should be OK.

You will clear in Term E, and flights to SFO leave either Term E or C which are connected, so you should be OK.

EmailKid
I have a British passport that I am entering America on, but I also have an Australian one as well. Also have my ESTA thing sorted out already. So it sounds like I should be all good.

Thanks a lot mate.^
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:09 pm

International connect time in Houston

One of our options for flying to Paris is United thru SFO and connecting in IAH to Paris. The connection time is 50 minutes. Should this be enough time? I assume there's a terminal change involved.

Our other option which is an afternoon flight would be SFO to Frankfurt and then on into Paris with better connection times, but it doesn't arrive at CDG until 1800 vs 0830 on the Houston connection.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving this Thread to the Texas Forum. Please follow there....
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:03 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by Rideoregon
One of our options for flying to Paris is United thru SFO and connecting in IAH to Paris. The connection time is 50 minutes. Should this be enough time? I assume there's a terminal change involved.

Our other option which is an afternoon flight would be SFO to Frankfurt and then on into Paris with better connection times, but it doesn't arrive at CDG until 1800 vs 0830 on the Houston connection.
A UA flight from SFO could arrive in terminal C or E.
The flight to Paris will leave from E.

Wherever the SFO flight lands it is walkable. It you get the far end of C to the far end of E that could be 20-30 minutes of walking worse case senario but you should make it. You wont be one of the first to board the flight to Paris but you should make the flight. Your amount of spare time will depend on where the SFO flight arrives. If it arrives in E you could be very close to your gate.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
FlyingHoustonian sums it up. IF there are no delays departing SFO you will be fine.

BTW, there's a whole thread on IAH connections in either UA consolidated forum or CO subforum.

EmailKid
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:23 pm

houston terminal C to E

Hi everyone, will be flying from dtw into IAH Terminal C with only 48 mins to get to Terminal E for a flight out to CZM, my question is how long does it take to get from C to E.

Thanking you in anticipation Bess
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Dinner recommendations: pork!
rough estimate
fast walk: roughly 8 minutes, depending on the exact gate, can be as short as 4
average walk: 12 minutes.
slowly walk with a walker: 18 minutes
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the FT Texas Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.