Reload this Page >

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

IAH / George Bush Intercontinental Connections Information and Times
Domestic and International (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
C to E connection without taking train?

We are travelling YYC-IAH-SAT next week & it appears the Calgary flights usually arrive at C30 or near there, and a lot of the flights to SAT depart from E. Looking at the terminal map, it appears that if arriving at gates on that side of terminal C (opposite side from train inside security) that there is a walk-thru connection inside security that takes you into that side of terminal E ? We have a 50 min connection so we could take train if need be. Just wondering if we can avoid it .
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:07 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by muskoka
that there is a walk-thru connection inside security that takes you into that side of terminal E ? We have a 50 min connection so we could take train if need be. Just wondering if we can avoid it .
I've never taken the train from C to E (or VV).

50 minutes is plenty to walk if incoming aircraft is on time or only a few minutes late.

The signs are very clear, and if you are *G may even have time for a quick drink at United Club (did it just last week, though I had a slightly longer connection time).
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:28 pm

Flying SAN - IAH - YYZ... Do I Have To Go Through Security Twice At IAH?

Hey all,

I had to make a last minute change on a flight from SAN to YYZ with a one hour layover at IAH in between.

I am concerned about a couple of things:

- I am not used to the IAH airport. Because the second leg of trip is from IAH to YYZ, will it be different terminals?

- I will go through security once at SAN. When I get to IAH, will I have to go through it again or can I just go to the gate?

Thank you.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by WeekendTrips
Hey all,

I had to make a last minute change on a flight from SAN to YYZ with a one hour layover at IAH in between.

I am concerned about a couple of things:

- I am not used to the IAH airport. Because the second leg of trip is from IAH to YYZ, will it be different terminals?

- I will go through security once at SAN. When I get to IAH, will I have to go through it again or can I just go to the gate?

Thank you.
You may need to change terminals depending upon which airline(s) you are flying; however, there will be no need to leave the secured area.

Terminals C, D, & E (where most UA operations are located) are interconnected by walkways. All terminals (A through E), including the ones interconnected by walkway, are interconnected by a train inside of security.

Here is a helpful may of the passenger terminals:

http://system.gocampaign.com/netisd_...Nov%202014.pdf
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Your post was moved because airport-specific queries are usually discussed in the destination forums. Hopefully you will get better feedback here in the dedicated Texas forum.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Moderator, Information Desk
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:16 am

The above answer is correct. One hour is fine, though they will verify that you have proper documents to enter Canada @:-)

If return is also via IAH, once again no need to go through security twice, as you would clear both security and Immigration at YYZ
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: UAL Silver Hilton Diamond Hyatt Plat
Logistics arriving International IAH

Hope this is the right thread...

My mother & I arrive IAH from MUC and we are parting ways in Houston. Mom continues on to ORD 2 hours from arrival, I have an overnight in Houston & a flight the next morning to my small, Colorado regional airport.

Logistically is it possible after immigration in Houston for me to accompany my mom to her gate before collecting my luggage and heading to my hotel? We are both unfamiliar with IAH and I want to make sure she gets to her gate without issues.

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:44 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let's seek the help of the readers of the Texas regional forum. I'll move this there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by MTJTraveller
Hope this is the right thread...

My mother & I arrive IAH from MUC and we are parting ways in Houston. Mom continues on to ORD 2 hours from arrival, I have an overnight in Houston & a flight the next morning to my small, Colorado regional airport.

Logistically is it possible after immigration in Houston for me to accompany my mom to her gate before collecting my luggage and heading to my hotel? We are both unfamiliar with IAH and I want to make sure she gets to her gate without issues.

Thanks for the help!
After immigration one collects their intl arrival bags and then head past customs. One either heads to drop bags off at connection baggage or out to Houston. After dropping off onward connection bags one needs to clear TSA into one's departure area/gates.

1. Once you left customs it would be very difficult to get back to intl arrival baggage claims. So going back for you bags will not work.

2. You will not have a boarding pass to get through TSA security to head to the gates.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by MTJTraveller
IAH is actually very easy to get around, so mom should have no problem.

Suggest she just clears TSA right at E - her flight is almost certain to fly from E or C terminal, and those two are connected.

And yes, LH arrives in International Terminal D, but you are spat out in E after customs.

Sadly, above advice is correct, you cannot go back to get your luggage later.
Old May 2, 2015, 9:35 am

SIN-IAH-ORD

Hi,

Need advise on transfer from International to Domestic flight. Will be flying in from SIN to IAH (Terminal E) on SQ F. Expected arrival time at IAH is 2:05pm.

In the midst of planning to purchase a separate ticket on UA for IAH-ORD. UA has the following flights out to ORD at 3:35pm, 4:54pm, 5:35pm and 7pm. Which one should I book to be safe so I won't miss the connecting flight? I'm gonna travel with 1 x hand carry with no checked in.

Where can I go collect my boarding pass for UA in this case?

Thanks in advance
Old May 2, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by rey88
Hi,

Need advise on transfer from International to Domestic flight. Will be flying in from SIN to IAH (Terminal E) on SQ F. Expected arrival time at IAH is 2:05pm.

In the midst of planning to purchase a separate ticket on UA for IAH-ORD. UA has the following flights out to ORD at 3:35pm, 4:54pm, 5:35pm and 7pm. Which one should I book to be safe so I won't miss the connecting flight? I'm gonna travel with 1 x hand carry with no checked in.

Where can I go collect my boarding pass for UA in this case?

Thanks in advance
What nationality are you and what type of passport/travel document will you be entering US with?
Old May 2, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by tentseller
What nationality are you and what type of passport/travel document will you be entering US with?
Hi,

Holding Singapore Passport with ESTA.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by rey88

In the midst of planning to purchase a separate ticket on UA for IAH-ORD. UA has the following flights out to ORD at 3:35pm, 4:54pm, 5:35pm and 7pm.
One and half hour is WAY to risky IMHO.

I recommend 4:54 flight.

You can pick up your boarding pass at UA checkin desk. You should be able to use one of the automatic machines and not have to stand in line.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid
One and half hour is WAY to risky IMHO.

I recommend 4:54 flight.

You can pick up your boarding pass at UA checkin desk. You should be able to use one of the automatic machines and not have to stand in line.
Thanks Emailkid. Btw, any idea I will be able to access any of the *A lounge with my F ticket from SQ while waiting for my next UA flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.