Reload this Page >

Connections at DFW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2013, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport is relatively easy to navigate using the airside SkyLink train - gate to gate will invariably take less than 15 minutes.

Link to DFW Terminals Guide (also has links to individual terminals, SkyLink, Terminal Link, hotels, parking, etc. on page)
Print Wikipost

Connections at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by bjfoss
Hi guys,
in december i am flying with my family from SFO-Puerto Vallarta with a connection in DFW. our flight leaves SFO at 6am and arrives Dallas at 1130am, then our flight to Puerto Vallarta leaves at 1225pm, i know we can make the plane if everything is ontime, but can our bags make it.
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Coming off a domestic flight, 55 minutes should be enough time for checked bags to be transferred.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
55 minutes forms a "standard' connection at DFW, and flights from SFO seem usually to make the gate on time with rare weather delays. You may have to change terminals, "no sweat' with Skylink.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:48 pm

how would our bags get transfered from say terminal a to terminal d? the connection time also just got shortened from 55 mins to 50.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:09 pm

DFW International Arrival to Domestic Connection Process

My 16 year old nephew is traveling from Peru to the US on his own to visit us. It is his first trip ever, and he speaks no English. Unfortunately, I've never entered the US through DFW. I was looking for a bit of a description for the process so that I can ease his anxiety.

So far with internet research it appears that you'll come to passport control first in a large room, where I'm assuming the appropriate line will say non-residents like every other international airport. Then I'm assuming he'll be directed to customs. He won't have any checked baggage, so he'll just need to find the exit on the other side of customs, I suppose? From what I can see, the exit of customs will leave him directly below the ticketing level of concourse D. So I'm assuming there must be an escalator somewhere to get him back on the ticketing level, and then he just finds a security entrance to terminal D? From then on, the Skylink system is pretty straightforward.

I'm sorry that this is so tedious, but I really want to give him a mental picture of where to go, as the connection time is tight, and his lack of English is already making him nervous.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
what airline[s] is he on?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

There are plenty of Spanish-speaking airline agents, CBP officers, airport employees, etc., at DFW. The kid will be fine.

Last edited by ESpen36; Mar 25, 2013 at 7:45 pm
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:41 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the Texas Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
I thought AA stopped LIM-DFW nonstops back late 2000's

If indeed DFW, he will arrive Terminal D, clear Immigration first, then proceed downstairs to get his luggage, then clear Customs after getting luggage. There will only be like 2 or 3 Customs lines (compared to ??? 30 ??? total immigration booths). Then if DFW is final stop, he will go thru some powdered glass electic "grocery store style" doors and he is free to walk to the curb/taxi/his ride.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
After clearing customs, to connect to another flight you re-clear security at Terminal D. If the onward flight departs from another terminal (check the flight status monitors after clearing security to verify), take the SkyLink train to the appropriate terminal.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:16 am

Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) connection worries

I'm flying to Cabo Mexico (SJD) from London, via DFW in June. I've purchased the flights as a single package from British Airways and we're flying into and out of terminal D via BA and AA.
As a UK citizen I'm only too aware of the huge queues that develop at border control in these big airports and I'm concerned that our schedule only allows 1 hour 45 minutes for the connection (just went through JFK which took 2 hours to get through immigration control alone).
Does anyone know, is there a way to get expedited for quick connections? Do the airport ambassadors help with such things?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Pk52
I'm flying to Cabo Mexico (SJD) from London, via DFW in June. I've purchased the flights as a single package from British Airways and we're flying into and out of terminal D via BA and AA.
As a UK citizen I'm only too aware of the huge queues that develop at border control in these big airports and I'm concerned that our schedule only allows 1 hour 45 minutes for the connection (just went through JFK which took 2 hours to get through immigration control alone).
Does anyone know, is there a way to get expedited for quick connections? Do the airport ambassadors help with such things?
Hi PK52,
Welcome to flyertalk!^

Unlike JFK, DFW is relatively quick to clear customs and immigration an you should be through in about 1 hour or less.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:07 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Pk52, welcome to FlyerTalk.

For more discussion, I'll move this to the dedicated forum on Texas where DFW connections are discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Unless your flight is more than 30 minutes late at the gate, I wouldn't worry. You'll be able to recheck your bags after Immigration, then pickup & passing through customs, at the adjacent AA counter. DFW's interludes with "la Migra" are usually mercifully brief. Same terminal, no sweat....
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Yep, no problem with that connection. DFW is not JFK nor LAX, good spot to enter the country from. And without having to transfer terminals, that saves you a few more minutes. 1:45 will be easy. Good luck.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Airside Hopping in DFW using SkyLink

I have got a one day pass for Admirals Club. And I want to try the Admirals Club in DFW. Problem is, there is no AC in Terminal E and am flying Delta from DFW Terminal E next week.

Can I finish the check-in and security in Terminal E, hop on airside SkyLink, go to the AC in Terminal C and come back to Terminal E after a while?

Note: This one day pass will allow to AC, even if I am not flying AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.