Reload this Page >

Issues related to 24 October 2022 upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues related to 24 October 2022 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I'm in the UK and starting today each time I visit this site or open a new topic I now have to verify I'm human by picking out pictures of lions from cats or other similar tests to prove I'm somehow not a robot. .

Is this really necessary?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems FT is under a DDOS like attack (again) and cloudflare has gone into defcon 3 mode...
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Are you sure you want to send a form again? - Is it me?

Had to log in yesterday - and now when I go to FT, I get a temporary page saying that that FT need to check the security of my connection.

And whenever I view a thread, and then click back in the browser to return to the forum, it asks if I want to send the form again.

Cleared my caches and re-booted. All browsers, on Mac.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Had to log in yesterday - and now when I go to FT, I get a temporary page saying that that FT need to check the security of my connection.

And whenever I view a thread, and then click back in the browser to return to the forum, it asks if I want to send the form again.
Not just you. It's really annoying.

The "fun facts" about internet security that are displayed while my connection is being checked are also really irritating and completely unnecessary.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Same here on android and chrome, getting fairly annoying with all of the secure connection checks.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status

Yes it pops up now:
IOS 15.7 Safari from Amsterdam
Since yesterday evening
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by DELee
Can one or both of these be changed? There's very little distinction between them from either a color and/or contrast perspective:

This is really poor UI design. Since these are supposed to be different, make them different - different color, different highlighting, different content.

Another example where having multiple icons in a column makes it hard to distinguish a read forum from an unread forum:

Maybe have _nothing_ on the read forum icon? Maybe turning its background white or buff?

Maybe going back to unbolding of the read fora?

David
Agree completely. Bold v unbold made it easy to see read forums. The current design is much worse at this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:22 am

Same. I have to log in every time I come to the site, on both Chrome and Safari.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: UA
On the topic of the forum icon, the new ones I would say are a strict downgrade from the previous ones. They are more generic so they lack flavor, and they really do look more dated than the past globe icons, while also being less relevant to Flyertalk. As mentioned, they are also harder to distinguish.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The new ones look goofy, like they were drawn by someone's kindergartener
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In the name of all that is holy, the priority should be to stop the annoying backwards auto scroll when using the mobile site.

what is going on with IB??
Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I too am getting the security messages on each page.

And now I cannot upload pictures. Really small pictures. Can they maybe back out the "upgrade" ? Or at least think about it if these issues cannot be fixed.

BTW this is both Chrome and Edge on Windows.

Last edited by stimpy; Oct 25, 2022 at 10:35 am
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
“Performance & security by Cloudflare”. That’s what it says and I can’t but given the mess with having to identity lions and horse countless times and the site hanging up anyway. Can’t even flip back and forth between desktop and mobile views without this “performance” outcome.

From my vantage point, the problems seemed to have started from something that started to roll on Thursday October 20th. What went live on October 20th with Cloudfare use by FT that wasn’t live on October 19th? In the course of the days since, the site has become less easily usable for some. It does seem to me to be more hostile to iOS device than non-iOS devices, but it’s messed up either way.

Perhaps FT should open up a thread to have people privately post a list of Ray IDs where the posts are masked except to FT/IB admins and the members’ own posts in the thread?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
“Performance & security by Cloudflare”. That’s what it says and I can’t but given the mess with having to identity lions and horse countless times and the site hanging up anyway. Can’t even flip back and forth between desktop and mobile views without this “performance” outcome.
I've been getting those since mid-August. I was also constantly getting offers to log into a beta FT site since mid-August, so I wonder if I was just an early adopter of all this mess.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
BTW from the Manage Attachments window, when I try to upload a small jpg file, it comes back with "Upload of file failed". No explanation why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.