Issues related to 24 October 2022 upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues related to 24 October 2022 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Sorry I haven't been responding. I was out for several days with COVID (I actually tried to delay the update because of that).
Hope you're feeling better, and thanks for the updates!
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
The read/unread icons were returned to their original versions.
Thank you.
GUWonder and pandaperth like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stimpy
BTW from the Manage Attachments window, when I try to upload a small jpg file, it comes back with "Upload of file failed". No explanation why.
Perhaps no one is paying attention to this issue because it isn't happening to everyone. It probably isn't happening to anyone in America. But I think it could be related to Cloudflare. When you try to upload a picture, it is opening a second or maybe third connection to the server. Opening multiple connections to a server could be construed as an attack if it comes from a region that might be suspect. That could be a reason it is blocked. I'm in eastern France and I can't get it to work on my phone or laptop. With multiple browsers.

I'm driving to other countries in Europe next week and will try there and try on the hotel WiFi to see if it works.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:28 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by stimpy
Perhaps no one is paying attention to this issue because it isn't happening to everyone. It probably isn't happening to anyone in America. But I think it could be related to Cloudflare. When you try to upload a picture, it is opening a second or maybe third connection to the server. Opening multiple connections to a server could be construed as an attack if it comes from a region that might be suspect. That could be a reason it is blocked. I'm in eastern France and I can't get it to work on my phone or laptop. With multiple browsers.

I'm driving to other countries in Europe next week and will try there and try on the hotel WiFi to see if it works.
My upload got stuck on 50% for a few seconds (it was just a screenshot), but then continued on
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am in Paris and have had no issue uploading images.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA
I am still having issues with needing to log in very frequently.
chgoeditor likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by angetenar
I only had to log in once on each of my devices/machines, and haven't had an issue since.

-J.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:04 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by angetenar
What device type/browser are you using? Does it happen when leaving the site or just when closing your browser?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Every time I open the page in a new window I’m being asked to log in, but if I ignore the page and just click My Flyertalk, I’m apparently logged in automatically
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Every time I open the page in a new window I’m being asked to log in, but if I ignore the page and just click My Flyertalk, I’m apparently logged in automatically
Fascinating, and apparently correct (at least for me). I use 3 different computers daily, I have Chrome on all 3, 2 of them are Win 10 and 1 is Win 11. I close my browser (and everything else) dozens of times every day. When I open Chrome, and go to Flyertalk, since the update is ALWAYS says Log In or Sign Up as the options. But based on the comment by Boca, I just tried it and clicked on the page, and it turned out that I was actually already signed in.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA
What device type/browser are you using? Does it happen when leaving the site or just when closing your browser?
This happens on Google Chrome on my windows 11 desktop and Firefox on my MacBook Pro. It doesn't seem to happen right after I leave the site, so if I revisit within some short period of time, I stay logged in, but I am not closing my browser at all, and if I revisit after some longer period of time (roughly an hour I think?) I am logged out.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:57 pm
Administrator

Thanks guys. I'm going to do some testing and since this requires leaving the site for an hour or so, I will not have an immediate answer for you
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A lot of my posts suddenly have this "Email Protected" language that I never had typed into my posts. Apparently, an update has resulted in some of my posts' language being replaced with "email protected". For example, where I may have typed "CBP @ ORD" or "TSA @ JFK", my language in the posts has been replaced with "email protected".

The spaces between the words and the @ sign needed to be added above since the site is now auto-replacing my language and loading them as "email protected" for public display.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
CBP@ORD

TSA@JFK

[email protected]

This is a test. Now I am curious.

Hmm. Works for me

-J.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
CBP@ORD

TSA@JFK

[email protected]

This is a test. Now I am curious.

Hmm. Works for me

-J.
It's taking non-email address language and making that into "email protected". That doesn't work for me.

[Non-email addresses are being translated into "email protected". For example KL @ IAD or SAS @ ORD -- with the spaces removed around the @ sign -- becomes "email protected". ]

Also, there are public email addresses that people have provided on FT because it's a way to help other FTers, and now those too are showing up as "email protected". What's interesting is that if you go to try to quote a post that displays "email protected", then it's possible to see the email or whatever else was originally typed by the FTer using an @ sign. [While quoting your post, I can see the "rolleyes @ flyertalk.com" language you originally typed.]

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 27, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.