Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues related to 24 October 2022 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Issues related to 24 October 2022 upgrade

Since the "update" this morning, after which I was logged out, every time I close the browser window hosting FT and open a new window and reload the page, I am being forced to log back in.
chgoeditor likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA
I am also having this issue
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
What update? While I can still see my traditional home page on my iPhone, I’m seeing a different home page on my desktop that’s missing some items. For some reason I also lost my subscription to this forum.

What’s going on?

Edit: The problem seems to with using Firefox on my desktop. I can log in with Edge. Yet I can log in on Firefox using another desktop. Is this an enhancement as I approach my 20th year on FT?

Update: I noticed the lengthy "enhancement" thread and cleared my FT cache from Firefox. It's now working again. I don't recall such problems in 2002 but I was younger then.

Last edited by Fredd; Oct 24, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Old Oct 24, 2022, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Dunno if we want to start a new thread for today's enhancements, but the dropdown menus at the top of the thread aren't working, i.e. 'Thread Tools", "Search this Thread", and "Rate Thread".

... or are they? For me anyway, they seem to work on /this/ thread. They aren't working however on:

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Mission pacific (JdV) and adjacent Seabird resort (Destination) Oceanside, CA MASTER

or a few other Hyatt threads I spot checked. They get underlined when you hover over them, but nothing happens when you click on them.

Delta forum: working

I wondered if it might have something to do with the hotel reviews functionality, but nope, Marriott forum: working

Dunno what's special about Hyatt, but...

and yes, this is with any blocking turned off, and I have cleared cookies and cache, forced a reload, logged out/in again etc.

EDIT: have since found other Hyatt forum threads where those menus DO work. No idea what's special about the ones where it doesn't work. Maybe # of photos or time to load or something.

Last edited by Zorak; Oct 24, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Old Oct 24, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I had a problem today and first spotted the thread below. In short, I was getting some strange alternative home page on my desktop, yet the traditional website still displayed on Mrs. Fredd's desktop and on my iPhone.

After reading here, I confirmed that it would display properly on a different browser, and cleared the cache for FT in my Firefox browser. Now it's working fine. Thanks to those who mentioned that.

Edit: I failed to mention that my subscription to this forum had dropped and I had to re-subscribe. It seemed an ironic touch.

Last edited by Fredd; Oct 24, 2022 at 5:11 pm
Old Oct 24, 2022, 4:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I was forced to login today, and was rewarded with the new 3-D looking icon on each post to alert a moderator and the new style icon in the MyFlyerTalk view indicating at least one unread post in a subscribed forum. Unfortunately, double-clicking that new icon in the MyFlyerTalk view for the Technical Support and Feedback forum still does not mark all posts in that forum as read. Since that action works in every other forum to which I've subscribed, I've got to think it's a programming error, and one with an easy fix. Could tech support please fix that issue before tossing cosmetic changes? Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Zorak
Dunno if we want to start a new thread for today's enhancements, but the dropdown menus at the top of the thread aren't working, i.e. 'Thread Tools", "Search this Thread", and "Rate Thread".

... or are they? For me anyway, they seem to work on /this/ thread. They aren't working however on:

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Mission pacific (JdV) and adjacent Seabird resort (Destination) Oceanside, CA MASTER

or a few other Hyatt threads I spot checked. They get underlined when you hover over them, but nothing happens when you click on them.

Delta forum: working

I wondered if it might have something to do with the hotel reviews functionality, but nope, Marriott forum: working

Dunno what's special about Hyatt, but...

and yes, this is with any blocking turned off, and I have cleared cookies and cache, forced a reload, logged out/in again etc.

EDIT: have since found other Hyatt forum threads where those menus DO work. No idea what's special about the ones where it doesn't work. Maybe # of photos or time to load or something.
Having similar issues on Andriod and Chrome. FT website says I'm logged in but none of the already read threads are unbolded. Selecting into any thread starts from post 1. Also, now video ads are showing through that can't be closed/stopped.

This is just lame.

David

Can one or both of these be changed? There's very little distinction between them from either a color and/or contrast perspective:

This is really poor UI design. Since these are supposed to be different, make them different - different color, different highlighting, different content.

Another example where having multiple icons in a column makes it hard to distinguish a read forum from an unread forum:

Maybe have _nothing_ on the read forum icon? Maybe turning its background white or buff?

Maybe going back to unbolding of the read fora?

David

Last edited by cblaisd; Oct 25, 2022 at 7:52 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Bring Back the Old Smileys

Respectfully... the new smileys are atrocious. They look ridiculous (exaggerated), the colors are obnoxious, and the quality is lower than ever before.

Nobody asked for new smileys (and if they did, they were mistaken).

Please bring back the old ones

-J.
GUWonder, halls120, kale73 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

www.flyertalk.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.

Starting this morning, every time I attempt to access FT, I get this message on a loop that my connection security needs to be reviewed. I get prompted numerous times, over and over, to verify that I am human. I do the image captchas numerous times. Goes back into the loop that it is verifying my connection. It takes about 5-10 minutes of this loop, verifying over and over before it finally seems satisfied that I am, indeed, human.

Don't know what you guys did to the system (assuming it's a change you made), but in its current state, it has rendered FT effectively unusable for me.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have this as well. It's very annoying. There seem to be more ads as well, especially one that floats around the middle of the screen on the mobile version of the site.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Yeah, FT went down for a while about 08:00 (West Coast time) and something was implemented. I keep getting the same message as above.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I am using Chrome (2 different computers). Need to Log In every time today.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here with the addition of the verify your secure connection captcha.

Same here.

Last edited by cblaisd; Oct 25, 2022 at 7:51 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: hahaha
I have a hong kong-based sim card and whenever I access FT on mobile data, this happens. Since I'm physically based in Canada, it works fine on any other connection. Might be regional?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:38 am

Also happening for me here as well.

Also, I can never access the site when I'm on the train via the Wi-Fi provided by the train company here in the UK. Keeps on saying that it's blocked. How are you going to serve all these ad impressions to me if you won't even let me on the site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.