Issues related to 24 October 2022 upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues related to 24 October 2022 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's taking non-email address language and making that into "email protected". That doesn't work for me.

[Non-email addresses are being translated into "email protected". For example KL @ IAD or SAS @ ORD -- with the spaces removed around the @ sign -- becomes "email protected". ]

Also, there are public email addresses that people have provided on FT because it's a way to help other FTers, and now those too are showing up as "email protected". What's interesting is that if you go to try to quote a post that displays "email protected", then it's possible to see the email or whatever else was originally typed by the FTer using an @ sign. [While quoting your post, I can see the "rolleyes @ flyertalk.com" language you originally typed.]
They're appearing OK to me in the raw using Firefox and Win 10.

Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:05 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
LAX@EWR

Testing

[email protected]

Looks OK to me? Does anyone have more specific steps to reproduce?
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an issue that has started recently. When accessing FT on my iPhone I am frequently asked to confirm my cookie choices. I also have this issue with another website that is managed by FT but I don't have the issue with any other sites that I regularly use.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 4:53 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by TomMM
I have an issue that has started recently. When accessing FT on my iPhone I am frequently asked to confirm my cookie choices. I also have this issue with another website that is managed by FT but I don't have the issue with any other sites that I regularly use.
It's a new GDPR thing we have. When did it start and do you clear cookies open closing your browser?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ft101
They're appearing OK to me in the raw using Firefox and Win 10.

It got corrected within less than 24 hours after I posted about the “protected email” issue.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The bolded threads are still bold.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:37 am

Duplicate
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBJoel
It's a new GDPR thing we have. When did it start and do you clear cookies open closing your browser?
Probably a week ago on FT. The issue is really annoying on BF.net where I am defaulted to the mobile site even though I am logged on and constantly select view full site. I don’t clear my cookies. I don’t have any issues on my iPad or MacBook.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by sbrower
Fascinating, and apparently correct (at least for me). I use 3 different computers daily, I have Chrome on all 3, 2 of them are Win 10 and 1 is Win 11. I close my browser (and everything else) dozens of times every day. When I open Chrome, and go to Flyertalk, since the update is ALWAYS says Log In or Sign Up as the options. But based on the comment by Boca, I just tried it and clicked on the page, and it turned out that I was actually already signed in.
Same here. Since the update last week, it says I am not logged in when I visit flyertalk.com for the first time in a few hours, but if I click through to "My Flyertalk", it suddenly says I am logged in
Old Oct 29, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: hahaha
This is such an intermittent issue, I'm not able to reproduce it more than twice, but I thought I'd say it here in case anyone else noticed:

On the mobile skin, when hopping into a thread with unread posts, sometimes the "view first unread" button will not appear. and then of course, on refresh, since you're "read" the post already, it's gone-zo
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by moondog

This still isn't working for me (both mobile and desktop).
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I think it's been mentioned above but to reiterate please reverse whatever was done to the thread titles(bolding etc) which now makes it impossible to tell which threads are read or unread.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:44 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by moondog

??? What is the issue?
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:44 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Schwann
I think it's been mentioned above but to reiterate please reverse whatever was done to the thread titles(bolding etc) which now makes it impossible to tell which threads are read or unread.
Are you talking about desktop or mobile?

Can you post an example please?

Last edited by IBJoel; Oct 31, 2022 at 2:50 pm
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Schwann
You may need to logoff and then log back onto FT.

David
IBJoel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.