Search

Issues related to 24 October 2022 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by wrp96
I've been getting those since mid-August. I was also constantly getting offers to log into a beta FT site since mid-August, so I wonder if I was just an early adopter of all this mess.
The “performance & security” language isn’t new to this month. But there is stuff that is new to this month that makes the “performance & security by Cloudflare” language way more of a nuisance than it was in prior months.

This “connection is secure” stuff with FT now is over the top in interfering with the user experience. Or at least that’s my view on it.
pandaperth likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
The new ones look goofy, like they were drawn by someone's kindergartener
I am guessing they were created by the same people that are creating the metaverse.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
My battle with Cloudflare continues. I can't post from the US; I have to reroute my VPN through a Euro country in order to gain entry. This has been going on for over a year. On Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. On both of my laptops and on the desktop. On my iPhone, even. Oy vey.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the "did you know companies are using AI against botnets...." language displayed.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When I click the back bustton to go back to previous page, I am often getting the error

Document Expired

This document is no longer available.

The requested document is not available in Firefox’s cache.

As a security precaution, Firefox does not automatically re-request sensitive documents.
Click Try Again to re-request the document from the website

I am also getting the checking connection message when connecting sometimes, however that does automatically progress after a second ot 2
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is anyone from FT support or IB planning on stepping into this thread with some feedback or updates?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:05 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Please -- let's have some patience due to some unanticipated exigencies. I'm sure IB staff will comment when possible.

Thank you. (No need to comment on this post)

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Technical Support forum
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by DELee
Can one or both of these be changed? There's very little distinction between them from either a color and/or contrast perspective:

This is really poor UI design. Since these are supposed to be different, make them different - different color, different highlighting, different content.

Maybe going back to unbolding of the read fora?
I came here to figure out why forums weren't shown with unread posts anymore. I hadn't even clocked on to the fact that the two icons were slightly different. Agree, it is too subtle.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
I came here to figure out why forums weren't shown with unread posts anymore. I hadn't even clocked on to the fact that the two icons were slightly different. Agree, it is too subtle.
First thing I noticed when I logged on today and took a snip to ask why, but well beaten to it by many others. Ridiculous change to make for this user and it seems I'm not alone.

Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Respectfully... the new smileys are atrocious. They look ridiculous (exaggerated), the colors are obnoxious, and the quality is lower than ever before.

Nobody asked for new smileys (and if they did, they were mistaken).

Please bring back the old ones

-J.
I have to support this request.

Some of the 'new' emojis are different enough that they express an emotion nuance that is not the same as that conveyed by the 'original' emoji, thus altering the intent and meaning of the post. Either revert or get rid of them altogether. Changing the emojis is similar to changing the actual words a poster used in a post.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kale73
I have to support this request.

Some of the 'new' emojis are different enough that they express an emotion nuance that is not the same as that conveyed by the 'original' emoji, thus altering the intent and meaning of the post. Either revert or get rid of them altogether. Changing the emojis is similar to changing the actual words a poster used in a post.
I agree with the above.

Also, the color scheme for some of these emojis are something that just comes across as something expected from kids’ use of Discord or video game chatting.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Airport Code Lookup seems to be broken

I assume this is related to the October 24th upgrade as it worked for me until a few days before the changes but today I noticed that it no longer works.

When I click on Airport Code Lookup at the bottom of a page, it takes me to the expected page. When I then enter an airport code (either an unusual one or a standard one such as CDG for a test), I just get a page (several big paragraphs) of garbled text that looks like it might have some html codes.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I assume this is related to the October 24th upgrade as it worked for me until a few days before the changes but today I noticed that it no longer works.

When I click on Airport Code Lookup at the bottom of a page, it takes me to the expected page. When I then enter an airport code (either an unusual one or a standard one such as CDG for a test), I just get a page (several big paragraphs) of garbled text that looks like it might have some html codes.
I attempted to replicate this and was successful - the ACL is broken.

#!/usr/bin/perl use CGI; $q = new CGI; $DEBUG=0; #undef ( %sections, $template ); print $q->header if $DEBUG; @cities = $q->param('city'); if( $ENV{'HTTP_REFERER'} =~ /.*biztravel\.com.*/ ) { parseTemplate("biztemplate.htm"); } else { parseTemplate("template_ft.shtml"); } #added by Tim on 2/2/00 to make the airport codes uppercase foreach $x ( 0 .. $#cities ) { $len = length $cities[$x]; if( $len eq 3 ) { $cities[$x] = uc $cities[$x]; } } #end added by Tim 2/2/00 foreach $x ( 0 .. $#cities ) { CleanCity( \$cities[$x] ); } foreach $x ( 0 .. $#cities ) { $fullCity[$x] = findCity( $cities[$x], $x ); } do { undef ( $line ); $sections{'results'} =~ s|([\s\S]*?)||; $rotation = $1; foreach $x ( 0 .. $#fullCity ) { my ( $temp ) = $rotation; last unless ( $fullCity[$x] ); ($code, $airportName, $city, $state, $country, $Lat, $Long) = split(/\t/, $fullCity[$x]); $airportName = $city . " Airport" unless $airportName; $loc = ( $state ) ? $state : $country; $temp =~ s//${$1}/g; $line .= $temp; $line .= qq!
to
\n! if ( $fullCity[$x + 1] ); } $sections{'results'} =~ s//$line/; $sections{'results'} =~ s//${$1}/g; printOutput ( "results" ); } unless $DEBUG; sub CleanCity { my ($cityref) = shift; open (STATE, "abriviations.df"); while () { m!^([A-Z]{2})\t([A-Z]*)\t([0-9]*)\t(.+)!; $cit = $4; $cit =~ tr/a-z/A-Z/; $twoChar{$cit} = $1; # $twoChar{$2} = $1 if $2; $twoChar{$3} = $1 if $3; } close (STATE); $$cityref =~ tr/(A-z)|(0-9)|!|@|#|$|%|^|&|*/ /c; # Translate illegal to space $$cityref =~ tr/ //s; # Squash mult spaces $$cityref =~ s/(^ )|( $)//; # Remove leading and trailing space my ( @parts ) = split ( / /, $$cityref ); foreach $x ( 0 .. $#parts ) { $ct = $parts[$x]; $ct =~ tr/a-z/A-Z/; $$cityref =~ s/$parts[$x]/$twoChar{$ct}/i if $twoChar{$ct}; } } sub findCity { my ($city, $index) = @_; $found = 0; return unless $city; print $city, " --
" if $DEBUG; @parts = split( / /, $city ); open DAT, "cities.df" or print "Unable to open data file: $!\n"; @cityList = ; close DAT; if ($city =~ /^[A-Z]{3}$/) { ( $airport ) = grep( /^$city/, @cityList ); chomp ( $airport ); noMatch( $city, $index ) unless ($airport); return $airport; } foreach $part (@parts) { @cityList = grep(/$part/i, @cityList); } toMany( $city, $index, @cityList ) if ($cityList[1]); noMatch( $city, $index ) unless (@cityList); chomp ($cityList[0]); return $cityList[0]; } sub toMany { local ($city, $index, @list) = @_; ($city, @rest) = split(/\t/, $city); undef ( $formentries ); foreach $x ( 0 .. $#cities ) { if ( $x eq $index ) { $formentries .= " \n"; foreach (@list) { my ($code, $airportName, $cityName, $state, $country, $Lat, $Long) = split(/\t/); ($airportName = $cityName . " Airport") unless $airportName; $loc = ( $state ) ? $state : $country; $formentries .= qq! $airportName ($code) - $cityName, $loc
\n!; } $formentries .= " \n"; } else { $formentries .= " "; } } $sections{'tomany'} =~ s//${$1}/g; printOutput ( "tomany" ); } sub noMatch { local ( $city, $index ) = @_; undef ( $formentries ); foreach $x ( 0 .. $#cities ) { if ( $x eq $index ) { $formentries .= "
\n"; } else { $formentries .= "
\n"; } } $sections{'nomatch'} =~ s//${$1}/g; printOutput ( "nomatch" ); } sub blankField { my ($item, $place, $missing) = @_; my $x = ($item eq 1) ? 2 : 1; ($code, @rest) = split(/\t/, $place); $code =~ s/ /+/g; exit(0); } sub round_to_3 { my ( $num ) = @_; my ( $lg, $round ); if ( $num == 0 ) { return 0; } $lg = int( log( abs($num ) ) / log( 10.0 ) ); # log base 10 of num $round = 10 ** ($lg - 2); return int( $num / $round + 0.5 ) * $round; } sub parseTemplate { my ( $file ) = @_; open (TMP, $file) || print "Unable to open teplate file $file - $!"; while () { if ( // ) { $sec = $1; while ( $sections{$sec} !~ // ) { ( $sections{$sec} ) .= ; } $template .= ""; } else { $template .= $_; } } close (TMP); } sub printOutput { my ( $sec ) = @_; $template =~ s//$sections{$sec}/; print $q->header; print $template; exit (0); }
-J.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:03 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been responding. I was out for several days with COVID (I actually tried to delay the update because of that).

From what I've seen, the most pressing issue, the login stuff, has been fixed.

I just reported the ACL breakage.

For read/unread forums/threads, the main way I usually tell is whether the title is bold or not, so that is a workaround until we get this fixed. I checked and it is actively being worked on.
bocastephen and plunet like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:59 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
The read/unread icons were returned to their original versions.

The ACL issue is actually because the site we pulled from broke, and since IATA charges to use their code, we're going to build our own

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.