Programs: Internet Brands
Because we've been unable to replicate
Old Nov 16, 2020, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Because we've been unable to replicate
I'm now playing a game.

If I'm ready for the GDPR pop-up, I can sometimes hit the "I AGREE" button while it's still visible, before it gets covered by the cookies pop-up.

If I manage that, I'm rewarded by the big cookies pop-up, the one with the extra questions. Of course, having dealt with the GDPR pop-up already, the links on the big cookies pop-up work.

If I miss, then I get the small cookies pop-up that hides the "I AGREE" button, although I nevertheless still have to find and click that invisible button before the cookies pop-up's links come live.

Just look at what you're missing!
IMH likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 6:08 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
In an interesting new twist, I've just logged in for the first time using my new laptop. No GDPR pop-up and nothing from TrustArc either. Such simplicity!

I'm still in Germany (not using a VPN) and still using Firefox. If anything my security settings are slightly stricter than they will be when I've finished setting everything up.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:40 am
IMH

Originally Posted by IMH
In an interesting new twist, I've just logged in for the first time using my new laptop. No GDPR pop-up and nothing from TrustArc either.
That didn't last beyond midnight, of course. Since then I'm back to playing the games described by Globaliser. Any insights into when a fix might be found, IBJoel?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:03 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by IMH
That didn't last beyond midnight, of course. Since then I'm back to playing the games described by Globaliser. Any insights into when a fix might be found, IBJoel?
I'll check with tech, although they could not replicate this problem and it appears that it is likely a screen resolution/window size issue.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll check with tech, although they could not replicate this problem and it appears that it is likely a screen resolution/window size issue.
I'm genuinely surprised that this is proving impossible to replicate. I am not a techie, but it seems to me that the key problem here is that the GDPR pop-up visually sits beneath (and is therefore hidden by) the cookies pop-up, yet the active layer from a button/link clicking point of view is the GDPR pop-up's layer, with the cookies pop-up layer lying beneath that (for clicking purposes). I find it hard to see how this is related to screen resolution or window size, given that I see it on every machine that I use to access FT, including a tablet. Surely this is more likely to be a "What's on top?" issue?
IMH likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
GDPR pop-up preventing me for accessing the site on my iPhone, iPad and desktop with Safari today. This is hugely frustrating and has been causing this annoyance for some time now without being resolved.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:39 am
Administrator

There is a fix for this coming this month. I've asked for a more precise timeframe.
GUWonder, Globaliser and rosswill like this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I'm now playing a game.

If I'm ready for the GDPR pop-up, I can sometimes hit the "I AGREE" button while it's still visible, before it gets covered by the cookies pop-up.

If I manage that, I'm rewarded by the big cookies pop-up, the one with the extra questions. Of course, having dealt with the GDPR pop-up already, the links on the big cookies pop-up work.

If I miss, then I get the small cookies pop-up that hides the "I AGREE" button, although I nevertheless still have to find and click that invisible button before the cookies pop-up's links come live.

Just look at what you're missing!
There always seems to be at least a clumsy way to move around whatever seems to be behaving like an overlay and eventually get to the blue "I Agree" button after it's covered up. But it's like a game indeed. And sometimes it's like a game of hitting the blue button and then trying to hit the "save" or whatever button and then finally hit the "close" buttons. If you want a bonus game, try doing it as if not a registered FT member -- then you have the bonus game for closing the "AnyClip" ads.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 4:50 am

I had these issues on my new Mac (in the UK) but proceeding directly to flyertalk.com first allowed me to clear the pop ups and then browse the sub forums normally
Old Mar 6, 2021, 3:29 am
IMH

Today I was able to log in without consenting to anything. It was wonderful.

Germany, Firefox 86.0.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a fix for this coming this month. I've asked for a more precise timeframe.
It looks like the fix was simply to remove the GDPR consent button!
IBJoel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.