Wiki Posts
Search

Would a Dark Mode skin be possible?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:06 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Well, we're at the tail end of September. Which for those challenged by the Gregorian calendar, is about 4 months past May. I don't mean to sound like a pain, but seriously, how is this that hard? I've harped on this for months. I mean reddit it can be accomplished with the switch of a toggle.
If you don't think I've raised all these points with our tech and business teams, then... Well I really don't know what to tell you
krazykanuck and SamirD like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
...how is this that hard?
Technically, it's pretty trivial since one can just go in to the vb admin control panel and copy a style and then change all the color elements. However, if there's a bunch of little graphics and other 'cutesies' those have to be coded/created for the new style before everything is correct. So a few hours of work or even less for someone super-familiar with how to do it. As I mentioned, pretty trivial.

That being said, however, Internet Brands is a big, large company with many, many sites to manage and keeping all the styles uniform in some manner makes a lot of sense. Also, all these sites have different platforms so it's a bit of a nightmare from the technical side to manage all these sites and their little detailed changes since one wrong change costs a lot in revenue--hence why changes probably have a long process to go through before they get implemented. Just a bit of insight.

I still remember sitting at a table after a conference with the president of IB and Vertical Scope at the same table and listening to their business challenges. Really interesting space to be in. They were discussing new hires like the 16 yr old genius programmers that still live at home that countered their job offer.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by IBJoel
If you don't think I've raised all these points with our tech and business teams, then... Well I really don't know what to tell you
As always, we appreciate you going to bat for us! I know we all don't tell you this enough, but you are truly appreciated and it's always great to see your posts.
plunet likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Well yes, because then it will just break next update. So we have it set for the VB core team.
Well well well what do you know, time flies.
I noticed this week going on websites that that use the same skin/format as here, to the right of the bell top right corner, there are now three dots, with one of them being for dark or light mode.

You don't even have to be registered to make it work.

is your same IT guy/gal here that didn't want to make the dark mode possible.

it now seems its even easier than ever.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 4:30 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by mhdena
Well well well what do you know, time flies.
I noticed this week going on websites that that use the same skin/format as here, to the right of the bell top right corner, there are now three dots, with one of them being for dark or light mode.

You don't even have to be registered to make it work.

is your same IT guy/gal here that didn't want to make the dark mode possible.

it now seems its even easier than ever.
Which ones specifically? Are they all owned by the same company, using vBulletin, necessitating standardization across 200 sites?

Anyway, thank you for bumping this! The good news is that we have a working Dark Mode for mobile and are just setting up the release calendar!
GW McLintock, SamirD and Zorak like this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Bumping this thread for those who may not have noticed the new sticky at the top of the forum: Introducing Dark Mode!
GW McLintock, SamirD and plunet like this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:14 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Please see Introducing Dark Mode!

cblaisd, Moderator, Technical Support forum
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.