Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would a Dark Mode skin be possible?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by FT
It's in beta mode and it applies to every site you visit. More than a few sites doesn't show very well. It's not a great experience yet. It definitely helps this site. A proper dark mode is very much appreciated.
Yeh, agree, it's not a silver bullet, and usually gets tripped up on images, usually buttons, that fail to be legible afterwards. But for the 5% of sites that its suboptimal, it's good elsewhere.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For the love of my eyeballs, can this please get some type of priority ahead of "fixing" something that doesn't need fixing? Please?
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Basically this is a core feature that needs to go through multiple teams to implement
Wait, adding a new vb style requires that much? I would always just copy the existing white style, change the graphics and html colors and be done pretty quickly as this was always one of the better features of vb styles--quick color modifications. I think some of the FT posters in this thread could even do it if given the style sheet--it's really not that hard.

Now, if there's a lot of custom plugins/php/etc in the style, then it is a bit of pain when updates come along as it's yet another style to update for the changes. But one way around this is to make a base style that is color neutral and then another style built on top of that for a black and white edition--at least that's what I did on my vb forum.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Bumping this yet again. My eyeballs. For the love of eyeballs.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Bumping this yet again. My eyeballs. For the love of eyeballs.
Bump it all you want but IB DGAF. I've been waiting nearly 5 years for a feature you would think is obvious for a forum catering to frequent travelers that is trivial to implement, and yet here we are: Automatically detect time zone?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Zorak
Bump it all you want but IB DGAF.
Yeah - I think that's fairly obvious. I mean I've gotten used to seeing posts I've liked as [ARG:4 UNDEFINED]

I just hold out hope that IB can implement something that should not be all that hard; I mean reddit has it, you can force do it in Chrome which is not a bad half measure though it's not perfect.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I just hold out hope that IB can implement something that should not be all that hard
I mean, they've already made it so that this circle in the menu bar with the first letter of your handle, randomly changes color for no apparent rhyme or reason, what more do you want them to do for you?

krazykanuck and SamirD like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:33 pm

Love to have dark mode!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by UAFAM
Love to have dark mode!
Same its to bright.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by UAFAM
Love to have dark mode!
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Same its to bright.
Just incase you didn't see it, there is a workaround for dark mode posted above in #25
psusaver and SamirD like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I used to use another VBulletin site that had a dark theme by default and it was great. Unfortunately that website no longer exists as the owner couldn't pay the bills.

-J.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:16 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
The timeline I've been given on this is now April, possibly May, depending a little on how it rolls out across the company
GW McLintock, SamirD and Zorak like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
The timeline I've been given on this is now April, possibly May, depending a little on how it rolls out across the company
It would be great to see this come to fruition, even if not quite on the schedule you gave us. As travelers we are used to delays

Thank you for the update!

-J.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Well, we're at the tail end of September. Which for those challenged by the Gregorian calendar, is about 4 months past May. I don't mean to sound like a pain, but seriously, how is this that hard? I've harped on this for months. I mean reddit it can be accomplished with the switch of a toggle.
GW McLintock and SamirD like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:14 pm

Well, we're at the tail end of September. Which for those challenged by the Gregorian calendar, is about 4 months past May. I don't mean to sound like a pain, but seriously, how is this that hard? I've harped on this for months. I mean reddit it can be accomplished with the switch of a toggle.
Wishing for useful improvements to FT is like going through the five stages of grief.
krazykanuck and SamirD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.