1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
The wikis are white too now . I liked the yellow.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by saltire74
not pleasant on the eyes. Please give us the option to revert back to the previous style.

S
Agree with above. I find the new design not convenient at all.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Verrrrrrrrry slow to load, clunky, keeps crashing and reloading on my iPad. Over 1/3 of the screen taken by ads.

Major clusterfumble. Not at all happy.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBtyen
I'm on an iPhone 7 using safari and I was unable to reproduce this.

Can you clear all website data for the mobile browser you are using and try logging in again and seeing if it sticks?

The only way I was able to experience what you describe was to login, change the setting to never go to mobile, log out and then browse the forums.

I really dislike having to flatten all the logins, preferences, cookie acceptance tokens, etc that have built up across sites and services to try and help a single website sort itself out. Especially because it is often not fact based and has no effect on the problem. Which is exactly the outcome in this case . Still getting mobile experience.

BTW, Logout claims to have deleted all cookies, but going to home page gets me straight back in as a signed in user.
Calchas likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
It looks like the semi-sticky top and bottom bars have disappeared? Or did I just somehow lose them. Either way, I'm glad, because they were freaking me out. Maybe they disappeared with the disabling of infinite scroll? Not sure.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:13 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Smiley90
It looks like the semi-sticky top and bottom bars have disappeared? Or did I just somehow lose them. Either way, I'm glad, because they were freaking me out. Maybe they disappeared with the disabling of infinite scroll? Not sure.
I concur. Disappeared when infinite scroll was disabled than goodness.

S
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Verrrrrrrrry slow to load, clunky, keeps crashing and reloading on my iPad. Over 1/3 of the screen taken by ads.

Major clusterfumble. Not at all happy.
Just gave up. Unusable on my iPad.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:28 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
This is what I’m getting when searching forums.

Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by teddybear99
Never mind, I figured it out. I just cannot figure out how to post it.
I upload the pictures to an FT photo gallery (click "MyFlyertalk" in the list under username at top right of screen or left hand item in first full screen width bar, then about 3rd item under Networking in the list of things on left), then click the photo and the "share" button for a bit of code you can paste into a message to make it appear there.

BTW, I think that code used to just appear under the photo, which was far more findable and intuitive.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Edit wikipost is not in full width.

Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Is it possible to move the unsubscribe links (for threads and forums) so that they are not so close to the name of the thread or forum immediately below? Very easy to unsubscribe by accident.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its baaaad

Originally Posted by Sopwith
Just gave up. Unusable on my iPad.
Will be interesting to find how many page views and new posts/threads per day there are now compared to 48 hours ago. Cannot be good for business.
Getting the junior high school IT work experience kids to play with the web site was not a good idea. These changes are not the work of professionals

Seems impossible to go back a page or 2 to look at previous posts. Only getting a page with the last posts. For me that’s 20 to 40 depending on the adds & post size.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 16, 2017 at 1:07 am Reason: fixing formatting
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I've spent probably hours this evening watching the rendering freeze, wait for the "long running script" pop-up so I can click "Stop", see if that lets things redraw or goes to the next stage of page recovery, etc. ...
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
I am also seeing a script that continues to run and not fully load the page...

Originally Posted by Smiley90
There's an ad that scrolls with you for me on the right side. Maybe it requires flash or java or some other plugin that isn't properly updated/loading for you that's supposed to display that ad?
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Same here.
To try and isolate whether what I was seeing was core FT behaviour or ad based I repeated the exercise I described here...

To get things usable again I put the following DNS entries into the local hosts file...
Combined with turning off infinite scroll and setting the skin as mentioned above I now have a much more pleasant, non-CPU or IE challenging experience on desktop. So at least part of this seems to be ads rather than "upgrade".
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Not at all the same feature as what we had. Again, the old behavior listed out each thread that you've posted in, and ordered them by date of the most recent post in the thread. The benefit is that you don't have to be subscribed to a thread, but you can check in from time to time to see if it has been updated. It was really valuable. To me anyways.

I think it's as simple as:Drop the 90 day limit and I think they're giving equivalent results. There are plenty of threads that either I or no-one posts to for over 90 days, and when an add-on thought / query is made by someone it's only because it shows showed up in "My Threads" that I knew to go and offer sage advice again .
For now I've added a browser Favourite of one of those links. That gives me the same as the old Quick Links -> My Threads. Not much harder to use either . Hopefully the original will return in some form though.

I'd encourage others to do the same if you want to keep up with my activity. If you prefer to track your own threads you can easily adjust your username in the first style of course, or get the 2nd style for yourself by right-clicking over "My Recent Posts" in the top-right foldout menu under username, copying link, and making it a browser favourite.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Nov 16, 2017 at 1:11 am
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:30 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The text box when using quote or post reply is limited to a quarter of the screen on the left hand side, with a large blank area on the screen that is unused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.