1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:23 pm

There is not a single aspect that was improved with the change, and several things are much worse now. For example, the text area font is smaller and less legible now, and the color scheme is harder on the eyes.

If you really want to experiment with more modern message board layout try something like Discourse, although I don't think it has ever been attempted on a forum this large. Otherwise, these are just changes for change's sake best reverted.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
My desktop experience keeps resetting to Mobile One, no matter how many times I switch it to FT Desktop NG. Sigh.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL GM
I do still want to say that not all pages on FT are even fully loading, including this one. The stop/refresh button on Firefox never goes back to refresh, it stays on an X that cannot be clicked, which means there is some sort of script that is not loading and cannot be stopped on some (not all) of these pages.

Even if this redesign is something any of us wanted (it is very clear that no one does), surely common sense would dictate that it at least be tested somewhere prior to being fully implemented. This is horribly buggy and just brutal to look at. Again, I would love to see what other successful forums are using this version and if they are suffering from the same bugs we are here. Or if they are being assaulted by a screen full of white.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL,EK
This is terrible. How can I get the old look back? The reply box is not appearing at the bottom, everything is white, scrolling is choppy. Arrrggghhhh!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by C W
The aesthetics of the update and the new top bar drop down menus are still a nightmare,
Not a fan of the sticky navigation bars and headers. I used a browser plugin to permanently block those particular elements to get back closer to the classic (and IMHO better) appearance and behavior.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:42 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by DesertNomad
This is terrible. How can I get the old look back? The reply box is not appearing at the bottom, everything is white, scrolling is choppy. Arrrggghhhh!
Start by going to your options in My FlyerTalk and disabling infinite scroll and changing the message editor back to Standard Editor.

Please also continue to voice displeasure at this absurd downgrade.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:44 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by Miggles
Not a fan of the sticky navigation bars and headers. I used a browser plugin to permanently block those particular elements to get back closer to the classic (and IMHO better) appearance and behavior.
The irony of how many users this and Likes has driven to such plugins is delicious. IB implements unwanted, poorly thought out enhancements and then loses revenue over them because people use plugins that block them and other things
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:46 pm

Ugh. Add another vote to the chorus of "this is way worse now."

Why in the world are the columns so wide?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
A reminder to everyone: Some posts that were unnecessarily personalized and uncivil have been deleted.

There are clearly strong feelings about this. IB staff has asked for bug reports. Civil feedback about the overall re-design are also on-topic, but do keep in mind that IB staff deserve to be addressed respectfully.

Thank you,

cblaisd and JDiver
Co-Moderators,
Technical Support Forum
ibjoeltest likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 16, 2017 at 6:23 am Reason: add co-mod endorsement
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I miss quick (or for that matter any) access to the most recent posts on the mobile version.

On second thought, leave it out, my productivity will experience a renaissance!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
The Insert Image button seems to be broken. I can't paste an image URL into it no matter what I try. I'm using Chrome.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by IBtyen
Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?
I don't know how to take a screen shot of my computer. Please post the steps to do so.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The forums are practically unusable now. Lots of useless information and very little useful information is now displayed, with the useless information drowning out the useful. Every thread title wraps on to at least two or three lines. It really looks like someone's very first website project.
DenverBrian and Silver Fox like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by teddybear99
I don't know how to take a screen shot of my computer. Please post the steps to do so.
Never mind, I figured it out. I just cannot figure out how to post it.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The ability to see which threads have new posts -- bolded in the list of posts upon arrival -- isn't working for me in Chrome any further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.