FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1773394-issues-flyertalk-expert-hotel-reviews-report-them-here.html)

damon88 Jul 2, 2018 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 29930803)
Do keep in mind that in order to qualify for a badge, a review must be detailed.

Detailed reviews include:

• 3+ sections
  • 2,500+ characters
  • 2+ photos

Haha

I WAY exceeded that in all of them. You might call mine SUPER detailed. :) I added sections, wrote way over 2500 characters and added numerous photos.

bhrubin Jul 2, 2018 8:23 pm

I’m still waiting for the Oberoi hotels badge or Boutique Hotels badge to be created!

IBobi Jul 3, 2018 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 29931363)
I’m still waiting for the Oberoi hotels badge or Boutique Hotels badge to be created!

Wow -- I don't know how many people have the blue SPG badge, but it's not many -- congrats!

bhrubin Jul 3, 2018 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 29934226)
Wow -- I don't know how many people have the blue SPG badge, but it's not many -- congrats!

Haha thanks. I was told that I was the first to receive the blue 25+ badge for any chain/group...and at least at the end of 2017, I was the only one on FT to earn that blue badge. Not sure it matters much to mods, though.

IBJoel Jul 3, 2018 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 29931149)
Haha

I WAY exceeded that in all of them. You might call mine SUPER detailed. :) I added sections, wrote way over 2500 characters and added numerous photos.

You're all set!

damon88 Jul 4, 2018 11:23 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 29934644)
You're all set!

Thank you. Writing the reviews is actually a lot of work, but I consider it a way to pay back my fellow FTers with the added bonus of creating a trip diary.

United747 Jul 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Some of my pictures are getting uploaded incorrectly - they are getting rotated and I can't seem to fix it. Any ideas?

IBJoel Jul 25, 2018 10:47 am

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 30010121)
Some of my pictures are getting uploaded incorrectly - they are getting rotated and I can't seem to fix it. Any ideas?

Are you uploading directly from your mobile device or were they taken in landscape mode? If so, you might try getting them onto your computer/desktop and seeing if they appear normally.

United747 Jul 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 30012156)
Are you uploading directly from your mobile device or were they taken in landscape mode? If so, you might try getting them onto your computer/desktop and seeing if they appear normally.

I’m emailing from mobile device to PC, then downloading from Gmail and uploading from there

SPBanker Jul 26, 2018 3:36 am

I am trying to upload photos from my laptop to Expert Review, and get the following error message:

There was an error during the upload:
- Error while moving uploaded file to destination folder: check folder permissions on server side

AFAIK, my settings have not changed, and I didn't get this message before. Anyone know what might be the problem? I don't have this problem when uploading photos to "normal" FT messages.

IBJoel Jul 26, 2018 11:31 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker (Post 30014670)
I am trying to upload photos from my laptop to Expert Review, and get the following error message:

There was an error during the upload:
- Error while moving uploaded file to destination folder: check folder permissions on server side

AFAIK, my settings have not changed, and I didn't get this message before. Anyone know what might be the problem? I don't have this problem when uploading photos to "normal" FT messages.

How many photos did you try uploading at the same time?

IBJoel Jul 26, 2018 11:44 am

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 30012912)

I’m emailing from mobile device to PC, then downloading from Gmail and uploading from there

Had you rotated the pictures in your phone's camera app? Did you take the photos in landscape and want them in portrait or vice-versa? I tested and the auto-rotation occurred on my PC (which then carried over to FT).

SPBanker Jul 26, 2018 11:44 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 30015933)
How many photos did you try uploading at the same time?

I tried both one and several (three and four) pics at the same time. In the end I answered the AY+ Forum nonsense thread, uploaded the pics there without any problems, copied the inline pics to the hotel review, and then deleted the nonsense reply. That seemed to do the trick.

United747 Jul 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 30015980)
Had you rotated the pictures in your phone's camera app? Did you take the photos in landscape and want them in portrait or vice-versa? I tested and the auto-rotation occurred on my PC (which then carried over to FT).

The issue is with the pictures I took in portrait orientation. They seem to get rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise when I go to post them.

IBJoel Jul 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 30017239)

The issue is with the pictures I took in portrait orientation. They seem to get rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise when I go to post them.

I've tested this just about every way I can think of. The only photos that rotated were ones I had edited on my phone to rotate 90 degrees already (so they ended up just reverting to what they'd originally been). Even then, it rotated on on PC, rather than FlyerTalk rotating it. I believe this is a device issue. Are you taking photos with iPhone or Android?