FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1773394-issues-flyertalk-expert-hotel-reviews-report-them-here.html)

IBobi Jun 20, 16 2:08 pm

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Please report issues with FT Expert Hotel Reviews here.

Kagehitokiri Jun 22, 16 1:46 pm

so, there is a new thing where it lists hotel brands poster has reviewed under their name

like >

name
FlyerTalk Evangelist
[brand x] [brand y]
how many brands will it show? and how does it pick which ones if over maximum?

IBobi Jun 22, 16 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 26816287)
so, there is a new thing where it lists hotel brands poster has reviewed under their name

like >

name
FlyerTalk Evangelist
[brand x] [brand y]
how many brands will it show? and how does it pick which ones if over maximum?

Announced just now!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...today-758.html

Answer to your question is, it displays up to 2 badges. You control what it displays, and it picks the first two brands you reviewed as a default.

Kagehitokiri Jun 22, 16 1:57 pm

and you have tested that the counters work ? (for 5+)

ah, presumably imported reviews arent counted in counter, because not linked the same way

IBobi Jun 22, 16 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 26816339)
and you have tested that the counters work ? (for 5+)

ah, presumably imported reviews arent counted in counter, because not linked the same way

Any *detailed* review that is in the new review format, whether imported or originally written that way, should count. If you see reviews that should count but are not being counted please let us know -- we don't want anyone to miss out!

Kagehitokiri Jun 22, 16 2:04 pm

by imported i mean when you were originally copying/pasting into review forum

IBobi Jun 22, 16 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 26816377)
by imported i mean when you were originally copying/pasting into review forum

Yes right. Imported reviews count -- as long as they are detailed (2+ pictures, 2500+ characters, 3+ sections...).

Kagehitokiri Jun 22, 16 2:12 pm

ah, some of the original threads had photos in separate posts

IBobi Jun 22, 16 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 26816413)
ah, some of the original threads had photos in separate posts

We can probably consolidate the photos into the reviews too -- contact IBtyen! If that makes them detailed they will count toward badges ;)

Kagehitokiri Jun 22, 16 2:15 pm

i see for one person, seems photos were indeed copied, and they only had photos in 4 not 5 (for 1 brand)

is this going to be option/toggle ? if reviewers do not want the 'brand' tags to display ?

IBobi Jun 22, 16 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 26816430)
i see for one person, seems photos were indeed copied, and they only had photos in 4 not 5 (for 1 brand)

is this going to be option/toggle ? if reviewers do not want the 'brand' tags to display ?

The badges?

Kagehitokiri Jun 22, 16 2:44 pm

yes, sorry

can reviewers with badges have the option of 'turning off' the badges

IBobi Jun 22, 16 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 26816533)
yes, sorry

can reviewers with badges have the option of 'turning off' the badges

Ah yes -- that is an option we didn't think to include but we'll put it into the next iteration; we plan to be responsive on the Expert Reviews tools, and there is already another release scheduled for this summer :)

OverThereTooMuch Jun 22, 16 9:14 pm

The announcement needs to be improved to be more specific. Tell me what the announcement is about in the announcement header. That's what I've observed as standard form around here.

OverThereTooMuch Jun 22, 16 9:25 pm

FT & Hotel Reviews - why the changes?

What's with the sudden emphasis on hotel reviews?

Does the internet REALLY need yet another hotel review site? MAYBE if you're doing something really innovative. Doesn't look like you're trying to do that. There also doesn't appear to be a way to rate reviews. So you're now providing LESS functionality than other well established sites.

This site covers a very diverse set of topics. Surely there are many other categories far more ripe for "innovation" than hotel reviews and (we don't need no stinking) badges. Even something like airplane seating would be better to cover (one primary competitor, and significantly richer data on FT). I'm sure the FT community could provide you with many other suggestions.