Report FT SLOWNESS on this thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report FT SLOWNESS on this thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2008, 7:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I ws trying to edit my post above, but have now given up. Talk about all hell breaking loose.

To add; No doubt I'll be getting thread subscription emails over the next 24hours for post made in the last two hours.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 7:17 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Don't know about others but the forums have been down completely for me, until now, for nearly two hours. Only page available was the flyertalk.com homepage.
Same here.... this is really unacceptable.... took me almost two hours also to get back in.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
It's been going back and forth today. There are times when I can reach any part of FT with no problem and, 10 minutes later, I get a message saying the server can not be found.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I wonder what the performance would be like if IB treated this like a real business.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:25 am

I know you are all frustrated so I am going to try and give as much information as I can. Yesterday, our ISP had some major issues which caused off and on outages throughout all of our sites. They finally fixed the problem around 6:30pm Pacific time. I hope you all were not inconvenienced too much. Needless to say, it was frustrating for us as well.

I have not heard the details of the cause of the outage yet but will try to ask around and see what I can uncover.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Again, it's sort of a comfort, ironically, when I'm having the problems, to see an email alert message that someone else is, too. And it's more of a comfort to find that it's a moderator who posted it. And it's even more of a comfort when a red screen name comes on to acknowledge that it's happening. The worst thing about gremlins is having no idea where they're hiding - and particularly whether it's under my roof, or not. Thank you.

By the way, Stormybot, is the red and black "problems with the database" screen I get sometimes when I'm trying to open FlyerTalk related? Thanks.

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 9, 2008 at 12:27 pm Reason: Add question
Old Oct 9, 2008, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
Again, it's sort of a comfort, ironically, when I'm having the problems, to see an email alert message that someone else is, too. And it's more of a comfort to find that it's a moderator who posted it. And it's even more of a comfort when a red screen name comes on to acknowledge that it's happening. The worst thing about gremlins is having no idea where they're hiding - and particularly whether it's under my roof, or not. Thank you.

By the way, Stormybot, is the red and black "problems with the database" screen I get sometimes when I'm trying to open FlyerTalk related? Thanks.
It should not be. I can look into it. Have you gotten it recently? I know earlier in the week we were having some network issues that probably caused a lot of that. But all of those issues have been resolved.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 2:42 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Half a dozen "database errors" in the last ten minutes.

But, hey, the board went almost 24 hours without messing up....
Old Oct 10, 2008, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Half a dozen "database errors" in the last ten minutes.

But, hey, the board went almost 24 hours without messing up....
Our database admin is taking a look but did not see any issues with the database itself. But he is going to keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:49 pm

Slow Browsing FT

I have a high speed internet connection, and it seems to take about 15-30 seconds for any page to refresh in these forums. The advertisements come up fast, but the actual content comes up terribly slow.

I have learned some tricks, for example, if I am reading a multipage thread, I might bring up 3 windows, and read one while the other 2 are loading. Then hope the others are loaded when I finish the first. Its not to bad on a desktop, but its kind of awkward on my laptop.

I enjoy looking at who advertises on flyertalk also. But is there any way a user can donate to this site to browse a little faster when advertisements are causing content to slow down?

(I would have searched through the forum, but its just too slow!)

Thanks!

Joey
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:51 pm

I guess this is the thread I need to subscribe to. It takes me about 30-40 seconds to load any page. I really wish I could surf these forums faster, the delay is so frustrating.

Thanks!

Joey
Old Oct 14, 2008, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Post Screen shot of what I'm getting tonight (+ square root sign logo)

[Logo] "Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.flyertalk.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.flyertalk.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 14, 2008 at 1:20 am Reason: added [logo] and " "
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:36 am

FYI ...

There will be some downtime tonight as we upgrade the database server. The downtime will start at 10pm Pacific and last no longer than two hours. Hopefully, this will solve all the problems you have been having.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Never mind. Just saw the downtime announcement.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
IN case it hasn't been mentioned the pop ups (which I can't seem to reliably block) take FOREVER to load and I can't close the window while it's loading

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.