Report FT SLOWNESS on this thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report FT SLOWNESS on this thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2008, 4:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yeah, I think it was something wrong the FT today. Its has been very slow but, its doesn't get faster the Internet connection. I think they are fixing the solve problems from FT today. So otherwise, you should be patience where tech support are fixing the Internet server.
It seems to be faster today, but that could also just be that it's early AM here and very few people are online.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by kipper
It seems to be faster today, but that could also just be that it's early AM here and very few people are online.
Right now, it was very slowest with the Internet connection. Its doesn't gets fastest the Internet connection. I knows it was something wrong with FT. I tries to typing the DL Forums but, its has been very slow. So I think tech supports should need to get fixed ASAP.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Tech Support,

I have been problems with FT today. Its wasn't faster today. I knows it was something wrong with FT all day long. Can you please reboots the Internet conection for me, please? I knows FT doesn't have faster connections. Can you please find out something is wrong with FT forums today. Is that your weather in CO does not good situation due to snowstorm. Can you please give it chance to fixed the Internet connection by FT. I'm tries to get posts but, I am trying to typing the message boards but, it was very slow. So However, if you guys try to get reboots with your Internet connection. Thanks for your concerns to me.

Regards
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by N830MH
Tech Support,

I have been problems with FT today. Its wasn't faster today. I knows it was something wrong with FT all day long. Can you please reboots the Internet conection for me, please? I knows FT doesn't have faster connections. Can you please find out something is wrong with FT forums today. Is that your weather in CO does not good situation due to snowstorm. Can you please give it chance to fixed the Internet connection by FT. I'm tries to get posts but, I am trying to typing the message boards but, it was very slow. So However, if you guys try to get reboots with your Internet connection. Thanks for your concerns to me.

Regards
Just gotten used to it being slow. I don't think a reboot will help it, I think the database backend is the slowdown, it is fast right now with less traffic but during the daytime goes very slow.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
FT has been slow today
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
What's it to ya?

I wonder what "...System Generally Slow" means to you.

Do you experience the following? In any particular combination?

To me it means, sometimes:
  • not getting email alerts re new posts for a half a day, sometimes a day, then getting a slug of them, bunched up over about a 20-minute period
  • the FlyerTalk window takes a long time to open from the the email alert's link
  • the content takes a long time to populate (usually associated with an active video advert panel that must finish filling before the content arrives)
  • lately, typing away in the message box, but no letters appear until I stop typing, then they catch up
  • getting the Database Error window
  • (rarely) the IE window saying that it cannot display the webpage

"Sometimes..." because these don't always occur at once. When they do, they usually are obviously associated with the site. But when it's not obvious, I'll go over to another window to see if the symptoms are there, and clear the cache. Then if it's still happening in FlyerTalk but not in other sites, I at least have some boundaries on the problem, and will go back to real life, or to play on TripAdvisor, or post on this thread.

Again, any of this familiar?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:48 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

What happened? FT suddenly went slooooooooow.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
What happened? FT suddenly went slooooooooow.
I guess the site has a cold.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
DB server went down.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:39 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Speed is back again.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 1:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
crawling along and getting numerous database errors today at 12:34pm pst
Old Jan 6, 2009, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Same here. More database errors.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:11 pm

Hi everyone,
I've got a report from the tech team. This mornings outage was caused by a hardware failure between our core switch and central storage system. We worked closely with our hardware vendors to diagnose and resolve the problem. We are working with our vendor to add redundancy to this system in order to prevent this problem from occurring again. We will be scheduling a downtime in the next few weeks to implement this fix. Thank you for your patience.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
crawling along and also getting database errors at 9:56am pst
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Very slooooow the past half hour or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.