Consolidated "Problems Accessing FlyerTalk When Using A VPN" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Problems Accessing FlyerTalk When Using A VPN" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Can someone please report this to the Admins I have to keep turning vpn off so I can visit this site.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: UA GS
Thank you to whoever took care of this. I had the same problem but now I don't get the error message when using NordVPN
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club

Still a problem for me. I reported this 10 days ago, and still no feedback from the IB staff. Unbelievable. Come on guys, show a little support for a user who has been a member of FlyerTalk for over 20 years.
Silver Fox and Edvard like this.

Last edited by blairvanhorn; Jan 29, 2022 at 1:01 am Reason: Added screen shot.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
IBJoel could you or one of the IB tech staff respond, please?

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Technical Support forum
blairvanhorn and Edvard like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Originally Posted by ICN1K
Thank you to whoever took care of this. I had the same problem but now I don't get the error message when using NordVPN
Still getting the error.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Ramz
Still getting the error.
Ramz Yes, so am I.
VFRonTop likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, 2MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Me too. Please fix this issue or let us know how to workaround without needed to turn NordVPN off! Thanks
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: None
Flyer Talk Will Not Work When Express VPN is Engaged

Recently I kept getting Error Messages and other warnings when I tried to go to Flyertalk

Then I turned my Express VPN off and was able to easily access Flyertalk

Why would this site oppose someone using a VPN???
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a presumption here it's a mistake.

If, in fact, Internet Brands have chosen to block those using a VPN, I would like to commend it. VPN's are used by people for anonymity to post hateful and criminal content. Social media would be a much friendlier place if VPN's were banned by them.

I'm not suggesting anyone who has posted here is doing anything wrong. Unfortunately VPN's are not solely about watching Netflix in different markets and other innocent reasons.

Last edited by hugolover; Feb 2, 2022 at 2:32 pm
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
There's a presumption here it's a mistake.

If, in fact, Internet Brands have chosen to block those using a VPN, I would like to commend it. VPN's are used by people for anonymity to post hateful and criminal content. Social media would be a much friendlier place if VPN's were banned by them.

I'm not suggesting anyone who has posted here is anything wrong. Unfortunately VPN's are not solely about watching Netflix in different markets and other innocent reasons.
But we don't know if it's a mistake or a choice, do we, because IB/FT has not replied to a post that is now two weeks old. If it were a choice reflecting a new policy, I think they would have responded by now, especially since a moderator asked them to five days ago.

By the way, I've been a member of FlyerTalk for 20 years, and I do not appreciate your insinuation that I am using a VPN for hateful or criminal reasons; your comment "I'm not suggesting anyone who has posted here is anything wrong" [sic], right after you indeed suggested that, is totally disingenuous.
Tennen and Silver Fox like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:27 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
IBMyke
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
By the way, I've been a member of FlyerTalk for 20 years, and I do not appreciate your insinuation that I am using a VPN for hateful or criminal reasons; your comment "I'm not suggesting anyone who has posted here is doing anything wrong", right after you indeed suggested that, is totally disingenuous.
The length of time here is irrelevant. I bet you haven't been using a VPN for 20 years.
Why is it disingenuous? Other people might be using it for that purpose? I've not suggested that you, or anyone else in this thread is doing so. Second time I am saying that. IB is entitled to protect their assets.

Again, if IB have chosen to block VPN's, I support that.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
The length of time here is irrelevant. I bet you haven't been using a VPN for 20 years.
Why is it disingenuous? Other people might be using it for that purpose? I've not suggested that you, or anyone else in this thread is doing so. Second time I am saying that. IB is entitled to protect their assets.

Again, if IB have chosen to block VPN's, I support that.

Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:21 pm

It happens on a lot of sites. Just switch servers. I used PIA in the pass and currently use Nordvpn. As to why it happens? I do not know, but assume it thinks you're a bot.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: None
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.