Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A330-900neo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A330-900neo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Fraggle Rock
Originally Posted by Ericka
My family is currently booked in 3A, 3E, 3F. Is this going to become a problem for us? The phone agent we used to book the seats didn’t raise any red flags.
Who knows? For the record I am flying on a rewards ticket so the possibility exists their computer automatically shoved me into a crappier seat some time after I booked.
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Whoa...what is this about people getting sick a vomiting on the new A339? My parents are flying this tomorrow. I am also scheduled to fly this plane in March, so 1. 3A will be a window with the table between the seat an aisle for more privacy correct? 2. Has this air circulation problem been fixed?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:51 am

Flying on this in 2020 JFK-LIS - any news on how the honeymoon seats are for a couple? Namely wondering if there is reduced footwell space compared to other seats as I plan to sleep 90% of the flight.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Flying on this in 2020 JFK-LIS - any news on how the honeymoon seats are for a couple? Namely wondering if there is reduced footwell space compared to other seats as I plan to sleep 90% of the flight.
We had a group of 6 - 2 in single window seats; 2 in honeymoon seats; 2 in non-honeymoon middle seats. All footwell space seemed the same.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:32 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Whoa...what is this about people getting sick a vomiting on the new A339? My parents are flying this tomorrow. I am also scheduled to fly this plane in March, so 1. 3A will be a window with the table between the seat an aisle for more privacy correct? 2. Has this air circulation problem been fixed?
GetSetJetSet, how was your parents flight?
Can we assume that these planes are flying along now without incident?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Ericka
GetSetJetSet, how was your parents flight?
Can we assume that these planes are flying along now without incident?
They said the flight went off without incident. I didn't tell them about the issue in advance because I figured it was nothing and didn't want them to be fixated on it / nervous for the entire flight. I think yes, we can conclude this is no longer an issue.
Ericka likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
There's decent award award availability early next year on SFO-LIS which will connect me else where I Europe. I am about to select my seat but I'm slightly confused about the A/C H/K rows.

Even rows have the seat more on the aisle and the table by the window and the odd rows have the seat by the window and the table on the aisle, right? It looked like some posts were referencing the opposite but the seat map I'm looking at for example is 2A grey square 2C seat, 3A seat 3C grey square.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Fraggle Rock
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Even rows have the seat more on the aisle and the table by the window and the odd rows have the seat by the window and the table on the aisle, right?
This is correct.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Norcanair
This is correct.
Great thanks. I haven't been able to be as active on these boards and I must have looked at old/conflicting/inaccurate info so just needed some simple clarity.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:41 pm

Any thoughts on which seat to take flying solo? I'm guessing odd numbered side aisle window seat is ideal, but any specific recs?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Thought I would share my experience on TP237 LIS-SFO. Hope this helps anyone thinking about flying this product. I found the hard product very nice.

Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent TR and love your style! Obrigado.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bear96
Excellent TR and love your style! Obrigado.
Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
I started watching as I'll be on a TAP 330-900NEO in a few months from GRU-LIS, but...ummm...I stopped watching the moment you described the layout as "reverse herring-bone seating"...

It doesn't really help the reliability of your review when basic and obvious facts are incorrect

Last edited by sol95; Dec 22, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by sol95
I started watching as I'll be on a TAP 330-900NEO in a few months from GRU-LIS, but...ummm...I stopped watching the moment you described the layout as "reverse herring-bone seating"...

It doesn't really help the reliability of your review when basic and obvious facts are incorrect
understand was a mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.